Craziest Bike or Bike Parts!!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Craziest Bike or Bike Parts!!
Posted: Nov 7, 2018 at 8:06 Quote
There is no such thing as maintenance free.

O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2018 at 8:12 Quote
sherbet wrote:

Just ride it until you have to throw it away and buy a new one.

Posted: Nov 7, 2018 at 8:20 Quote
arphia wrote:
sherbet wrote:

That's essentially you're average rider here. Buys a shitty walmart bike, bring it to the shop, gets quoted at more than the value of the bike to repair it, leaves it out front of our shop and goes to get another one.

Lowlife bullshit.

Posted: Nov 7, 2018 at 12:12 Quote
sherbet wrote:
arphia wrote:
sherbet wrote:

That's essentially you're average rider here. Buys a shitty walmart bike, bring it to the shop, gets quoted at more than the value of the bike to repair it, leaves it out front of our shop and goes to get another one.

Lowlife bullshit.

There's an intermediary step where they walk around asking why each individual full-suspension bike is so expensive, and you ponder explaining the drop test to someone who was dropped as a child.

Posted: Nov 7, 2018 at 12:50 Quote
But but I can get it cheaper online?

Posted: Nov 7, 2018 at 14:29 Quote
Step 1: buy cheap bike online. Bonus points for hi ten fixie that weighs 15kgs but you could pick the colours.
Step 2: round out every bolt building it, grease things that shouldn't be greased. Bonus point for each degree of play in the headset
Step 3: bring it into shop to fix, end up spending as much as the damn thing cost in the first place again. Bonus points for "I have built it up, just needs checking over"
Step 4: repeat again a month later when everything wears out because it's cheap.
Step 5: profit?

Posted: Nov 7, 2018 at 16:20 Quote
You forgot
Step 1b: Steal underwear

Posted: Nov 8, 2018 at 1:34 Quote
you forgot my fav build step: ensure fork is on back to front

the amount I've been seeing with this set-up over the last few years is getting scarily more frequent as is the matching reversed helmet. usually students from the west pacific

I must have seen the bile story on the bike radar and they went o town on it also, mostly over not having mud guards

Posted: Nov 9, 2018 at 10:38 Quote
JimmyGrand wrote:
FoxShox Lyke RC2 Coil 29" 120mm

FoxShox Lyke RC2 Coil 29 120mm. Standard Fox 36 RC2 damper fitted to a 26 Pike CSU 29 Lyrik lowers and coil parts from older generation Lyrik Boxxer.
FoxShox Lyke RC2 Coil 29" 120mm. Standard Fox 36 RC2 damper fitted to a 26" Pike CSU, 29" Lyrik lowers, and coil parts from older generation Lyrik/Boxxer.

FoxShox Lyke RC2 Coil 29 120mm. Standard Fox 36 RC2 damper fitted to a 26 Pike CSU 29 Lyrik lowers and coil parts from older generation Lyrik Boxxer.

Posted: Nov 10, 2018 at 5:20 Quote
Call it "the mutt". First there was Lincoln logs, then Legos, and now this. Well done.

Posted: Nov 10, 2018 at 14:15 Quote
Ok, I thought the thread on FOX and RS damping units didn't match, apparently I was wrong...

Let's call it the Forkenstein.

Posted: Nov 10, 2018 at 16:16 Quote
does it ride well?

Posted: Nov 10, 2018 at 16:40 Quote
Does is it has more shimz?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.042038
Mobile Version of Website