Craziest Bike or Bike Parts!!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Craziest Bike or Bike Parts!!
Posted: Mar 23, 2019 at 2:23 Quote
mallorcadave wrote:
They must of sold a few of those rotor cranks, I've just seen 5 sets up for sale on Wallapop. From €60 to €120 if anyone fancies trying them out

I'm impressed, that w'd be perfect with a shimano airlines gruppo haha

Posted: Mar 23, 2019 at 4:40 Quote
Well, Airlines were not half bad. With modern tech involved, they're very attractive.
Sadly today they're either beat to shit, or collectors items at a bizarre price.

Magura Smile

Posted: Mar 23, 2019 at 6:37 Quote
It lowers the power requirement at the point of the pedal revolution which is weakest biomechanically speaking, and increases it at the strongest point. The average is the same over a pedal stroke, but the distribution differs.

There's no magic, it just brings the min and max torque loads of each pedal cycle closer together- the RMS remains the same but it now have a 'slightly' improved distribution.

Put a power meter on that does decent a decent polar and go and make the same technical climb with oval and without- the difference will become obvious.

Posted: Mar 23, 2019 at 9:00 Quote
sq225917 wrote:
It lowers the power requirement at the point of the pedal revolution which is weakest biomechanically speaking, and increases it at the strongest point. The average is the same over a pedal stroke, but the distribution differs.

There's no magic, it just brings the min and max torque loads of each pedal cycle closer together- the RMS remains the same but it now have a 'slightly' improved distribution.

Put a power meter on that does decent a decent polar and go and make the same technical climb with oval and without- the difference will become obvious.

I think at this point we're all pretty much on the same page about how it works. The body is not a motor, we do not have the same output strength at all parts of the pedal stroke. The chainring just puts the higher gear inch where you need it in order to make your body interface more efficiently with the bike.

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 15:22 Quote
And people think they need 29 inch wheels in DH bikes... What a bunch of morons!

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 15:34 Quote
Duderz7 wrote:
And people think they need 29 inch wheels in DH bikes... What a bunch of morons!

Clearly, this wheel size is extreme. Another extreme is the 36" wheel, as used by Dirty Sixer

The extreme ends of a spectrum are extreme for a reason. The extremes represent the outer limits. Obviously, the midpoint between extremes is ideal.

The midpoint between these wheels is 26". Therefore, 26" is the happy medium between these unproven wheel sizes and is the ideal balance. I expect we will soon see the introduction of this wheel size and it will be the perfect balance between the fast, unwieldy, XC-oriented 36" wheel and the slow, playful, park-oriented 16" wheel.

#FallaciousThinkingAintDead

Posted: Mar 27, 2019 at 13:54 Quote
i feel like that first pic with the chick with the untied shoe doesnt have enough skulls in it. she also needs a monster energy drink. super 90s punk vibe.

and yes. tie your damn shoe.

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2019 at 16:51 Quote
I bet the woman in the first pic was so hyped when she got the modelling gig.

"A bike photo shoot, sweet! I love motorbikes!"
"Er, actually it's for a mountain bike"
"Oh okay, they're pretty neat too"

*Arrives on set*

"Oh."

*Classic "are you 'kin kidding me" expression remains on face the entire time*

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2019 at 22:14 Quote
jumpman2334 wrote:
i feel like that first pic with the chick with the untied shoe doesnt have enough skulls in it. she also needs a monster energy drink. super 90s punk vibe.

and yes. tie your damn shoe.

Damn Justin, good to see you're still on here.

Posted: Apr 2, 2019 at 15:16 Quote
occassionally. i am down to one bike now and dont ride it enough. hoping to change that once the snow/rain goes away Smile

Posted: Apr 3, 2019 at 10:00 Quote
jumpman2334 wrote:
occassionally. i am down to one bike now and dont ride it enough. hoping to change that once the snow/rain goes away Smile

I’m also hoping just when my fat has gone away haha

O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2019 at 19:44 Quote
The full carbon Structure Cycles getting prepped

Structure carbon

Structure carbon

Posted: Apr 3, 2019 at 20:23 Quote
lance-h wrote:
The full carbon Structure Cycles getting prepped

Structure carbon

Structure carbon
Is this a delayed April fool's thing or for real?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.041534
Mobile Version of Website