Craziest Bike or Bike Parts!!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Craziest Bike or Bike Parts!!
Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 3:57 Quote
raytheotter wrote:
ratcat wrote:
raytheotter wrote:
Not sure how much better that would be than a HS33 tbh.
Very cool though.

A disc brake from 2001? Would have been nowhere near as good as a 33. I still run HS's for trials today, as unless you fancy spending a fortune on a set of Saint's or MT7's you still can't beat them.

You need some Trickstuff Maxima's.
Because nothing would say "more money than sense" than a 1300 quid brakeset on a trials bike.

On it

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 4:40 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
raytheotter wrote:
ratcat wrote:

A disc brake from 2001? Would have been nowhere near as good as a 33. I still run HS's for trials today, as unless you fancy spending a fortune on a set of Saint's or MT7's you still can't beat them.

Because nothing would say "more money than sense" than a 1300 quid brakeset on a trials bike.

On it

Need a carbon frame and fork combo as well

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 4:41 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:
raytheotter wrote:

On it

Need a carbon frame and fork combo as well

Get Santa Cruz to make a copy of Danny Mac's?

O+
Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 5:12 Quote
https://www.tartybikes.co.uk/26_inch_frames/clean_k1_26_inch_frame/c14p13570.html

https://www.tartybikes.co.uk/26_inch_forks/crewkerz_waw_ultimate_carbon_26_inch/c40p13155.html

Easy.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 9:06 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
And Coke on the rims

Or just sandpaper coarse obvs and soft pads

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 9:16 Quote
photo
photo
photo
photo
Bimota Tesi D1 front hub on a bicycle? Eek

...and this system from Catan Titanium Cargo Bike (17,8kg) Geek
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 8:00 Quote
Thought that first bike looked slow to I saw the yellow chain. I like the speed holes on the Kona's cranks. Also do you think that fork had 20 inches of travel? Cuz it looks like it might, and the fender works best in reverse? Obviously not built to ride me thinks.

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 10:00 Quote
Definitely a certified POS. That's an old Drop Off fork, so likely 180mm of travel, but slid the crowns up the stanchions to raise the front end. Probably rides great on the roads with that head angle. Oh, and the stickers on the stanchions just to make sure if you do use the travel, the fork is going to eat it.

Also really love the floating brake arm just sitting beside the seat tube, doing literally nothing other than adding weight.

Didn't take the packaging off the front fender, and it's on backwards.

Cranks on in reverse, so the pedals are as well. Nice.

Normally I'm not one to comment on people's frankenbikes, to each their own and all, but you would have to be a real fuckin' moron to build that.

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 10:04 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Also really love the floating brake arm just sitting beside the seat tube, doing literally nothing other than adding weight.

No, I think that's actually some sort of extra....dampener? Confused You can see it's a strut well from the drive side.

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 10:13 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
sherbet wrote:

No, I think that's actually some sort of extra....dampener? Confused You can see it's a strut well from the drive side.

Pretty gosh darn sure that's a dope arm. He's also running two for the brake when you only need one.

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020999
Mobile Version of Website