Craziest Bike or Bike Parts!!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Craziest Bike or Bike Parts!!
Author Message
Posted: Jun 27, 2022 at 8:02 Quote
https://www.reddit.com/r/interestingasf*ck/comments/vky11o/technically_a_two_wheel_bicycle_made_from_1_05_05/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 5:53 Quote
http://www.romoto.com/crossweb2.html

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 9:27 Quote
Figured someone may have seen something like this before, so I’m asking here!

I swap my hardtail between a Kickr trainer and the trails. But I actually use the trainer at my desk, so I have a brooks saddle designed for 90° upright position so my tailbone doesn’t break off.

It’s such a pain to swap saddles all the time, and I was wondering if anyone has ever seen a quick-release system for a saddle (at the rails, since I want to use my dropper, I don’t want another seatpost.)

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 9:39 Quote
What does your seatpost clamping interface look like? I wonder if you could reuse a cam from a skewer, and if that would generate enough movement and torque as needed.

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 11:03 Quote
crs-one wrote:
What does your seatpost clamping interface look like? I wonder if you could reuse a cam from a skewer, and if that would generate enough movement and torque as needed.

Not a bad idea, maybe I could fabricate something so it would at least let me release the seat rails quicker than with a hex key.

In a perfect world, there would be an interface between the seatpost and the rail clamps, allowing me to retain the exact saddle position, but just swap it between the two saddles.

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 11:12 Quote
quick release seat clamp. theyve existed since the 80s. fairly cheap.

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 11:14 Quote
mior wrote:
quick release seat clamp. theyve existed since the 80s. fairly cheap.

Do you have a link to one you know of? Cheers!

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 5:27 Quote
blissindex wrote:
Figured someone may have seen something like this before, so I’m asking here!

I swap my hardtail between a Kickr trainer and the trails. But I actually use the trainer at my desk, so I have a brooks saddle designed for 90° upright position so my tailbone doesn’t break off.

It’s such a pain to swap saddles all the time, and I was wondering if anyone has ever seen a quick-release system for a saddle (at the rails, since I want to use my dropper, I don’t want another seatpost.)
why dont you just get an el cheapo seatpost and just swap seats out?

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 6:41 Quote
Get a cheap bike for your trainer. Easiest solve of everything

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 7:12 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
Get a cheap bike for your trainer. Easiest solve of everything

This is the way. My road frame/fork from twenty years ago now has a bunch of spare MTB cockpit and drivetrain parts and lives on the Kickr.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 11:39 Quote
blissindex wrote:
mior wrote:
quick release seat clamp. theyve existed since the 80s. fairly cheap.

Do you have a link to one you know of? Cheers!
i know chromag makes a blingy one, other than that use amazon.
https://us.chromagbikes.com/products/clamps-qr
Just get a cheap seatpost as weight doenst matter on a trainer. Should take around 30 secs to change

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 11:42 Quote
mior wrote:
blissindex wrote:
mior wrote:
quick release seat clamp. theyve existed since the 80s. fairly cheap.

Do you have a link to one you know of? Cheers!
i know chromag makes a blingy one, other than that use amazon.
https://us.chromagbikes.com/products/clamps-qr

I believe he asking for a fast way to change seats not the whole post.....With dropper posts it's not easy to just pop one out and put in a different one.

Although it would be a good reason to buy and AXS dropper.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 11:56 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
mior wrote:
blissindex wrote:


Do you have a link to one you know of? Cheers!
i know chromag makes a blingy one, other than that use amazon.
https://us.chromagbikes.com/products/clamps-qr

I believe he asking for a fast way to change seats not the whole post.....With dropper posts it's not easy to just pop one out and put in a different one.

Although it would be a good reason to buy and AXS dropper.

Ah yes haha, appreciate it, but I’m looking for a QR at the seat rails, not the seatpost clamp.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010336
Mobile Version of Website