170mm lyrik to 180mm

PB Forum :: SRAM
170mm lyrik to 180mm
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 5, 2016 at 12:15 Quote
Can a 170mm lyrik be extended to a 180mm with a new air shaft or can the travel only be reduced? Do all the new lyriks have the same length stantions?

Posted: Oct 6, 2016 at 20:06 Quote
Dex79 wrote:
Can a 170mm lyrik be extended to a 180mm with a new air shaft or can the travel only be reduced? Do all the new lyriks have the same length stantions?

afraid that the shaft length for 160/170/180mm are different. 27.5 or 29"?

you could, strip the fork down, plug out the solo air shaft to see if there is a travel spacer in it. A black spacer at 10mm in thickness.

O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2016 at 13:41 Quote
Dex79 wrote:
Dex, you can extend it from 170 to 180 by getting a new 180mm air shaft assembly fitted.
I am about to get mine done to compensate for the the fitting of an angle set which will lower my bottom bracket more than I would like.
I spoke to my LBS and they said they would do it no problem, although there is a video on you tube that covers it if you want to tackle it yourself but it does mean doing a lower leg service at the same time.

Posted: Oct 18, 2016 at 14:07 Quote
biggestbob wrote:
Dex79 wrote:
Dex, you can extend it from 170 to 180 by getting a new 180mm air shaft assembly fitted.
I am about to get mine done to compensate for the the fitting of an angle set which will lower my bottom bracket more than I would like.
I spoke to my LBS and they said they would do it no problem, although there is a video on you tube that covers it if you want to tackle it yourself but it does mean doing a lower leg service at the same time.

Perfect thanks I knew you could reduce the travel but was unsure if going longer worked.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.085659
Mobile Version of Website