X2 Warranty Info Thread

• Previous Page
Posted: Oct 13, 2016 at 13:50 Quote
I am staring this thread so when people get information about the X2 warranty process, they can post it here. I will update this first post periodically to reflect the latest news.

October 11, 2016:
• All X2 units shipped before September 9, 2016, are under recall

• Fox advises owners to stop riding X2 shocks immediately, as the air can might explode "under certain circumstances"

• When called at the number specified in the pinkbike article, Fox says that they have no additional information about the recall, but once a plan of action is finalized (with help from the CPSC), they will notify owners, retailers, and the general press

Please post if you have any more information.

Posted: Oct 13, 2016 at 14:46 Quote
In germany Fox told us to send the 4 digit-code (printed on the air-housing) to the Service.
They want to give more info as soon as possible.

Posted: Oct 14, 2016 at 1:19 Quote
FYI Fox have changed their page on the Float X2 on the website

http://www.ridefox.com/help.php?m=bike&id=556

It now says max 250psi, and they added info on metric sized shocks. No info on the recall though

I'll be honest if all Float X2 are now limited to 250psi, I'll have to send mine back to the seller, and let them deal with Fox. I'm running 270psi on mine, and no way I go down to 250 ...

FL
Posted: Oct 14, 2016 at 6:26 Quote
French Fox Servie center called me this afternoon for another issue on my Float X2. It was the ocasion to speak a little about the recall, but unfortunatly not so many news. They still waiting instructions from Fox and official translation in French before giving more details. They also don't know yet if a repair or a replacement will be proposed to Float X2 owners. They have a good stock in warehouse but all are 300psi damper models... It doesn't seems to be fast, hope my shock don't stay stucked too long in service, wait and see

Posted: Oct 14, 2016 at 12:09 Quote
What are my chances of getting my shock sorted (if there is a recall), as my shock was bought second hand and i don't have a receipt?

Posted: Oct 14, 2016 at 12:27 Quote
You'll have to contact Mojo I guess, can't you get a receipt from the guy you bought it from ?

Posted: Oct 15, 2016 at 11:48 Quote
Ploutre wrote:
You'll have to contact Mojo I guess, can't you get a receipt from the guy you bought it from ?

Yeah I've asked him but he thinks he's lost it :/

Posted: Oct 17, 2016 at 6:48 Quote
YT just emailed me telling me not to ride my Capra (has an X2). No further info than what's been said elsewhere.

Posted: Oct 17, 2016 at 18:50 Quote
Looks like we still can't ride our bikes (according to fox) Blank Stare

FL
Posted: Oct 18, 2016 at 9:53 Quote
I've just been riding my bike anyway tup

Posted: Oct 18, 2016 at 10:53 Quote
This is a massive ball ache. I am leaving the country for a year in a few weeks. Could do with some info on this as I would really like it sorted asap.

I will definitely still be riding my bike though.

Also, I had the lock out switch attached so I dont know what to do about that either.

Posted: Oct 18, 2016 at 11:28 Quote
Raced my recalled shock on the weekend and will be riding it today, only run 170psi thoughSmile

Posted: Oct 18, 2016 at 11:36 Quote
My son broke his three months ago, it's on a spez Enduro evo and it broke at the mount on the air can. He had just did this huge line (kids. . . . . ) and picked up his bike and noticed the shock was loose. Came off in his hand. . .he was very lucky. . . ! Ours had nothing to do with pressure but when fox got wind of it the engineer called and said we're keeping your shock for while! They had seen failures before, not sure how many though. No time line on new one's I just heard. At least it's winter time.

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 18, 2016 at 12:38 Quote
Got email from Leisurelakes bikes who I bought shock from asking me not to use mine????????
How Fox can't communicate is baffling

Posted: Oct 18, 2016 at 13:07 Quote
hainman wrote:
Got email from Leisurelakes bikes who I bought shock from asking me not to use mine????????
How Fox can't communicate is baffling
It is illegal for Fox to say anything more about the recall until they have finalized a plan of action with the CSPC. Gotta love the USA!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012242
Mobile Version of Website