New Beast owner

PB Forum :: Cannondale
New Beast owner
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 14, 2016 at 10:16 Quote
Well I kept looking at it in my LBS and it came up on sale discounted as it was a demo model... used 3 times....

So after the wife gave me permission... I still think she feels bad for not getting me anything for my 30th! I bought a plus bike and one with a lefty at that! So two things I've wanted to try.... what I have is a Cannondale Beast of the East 1. I was a little apprehensive after my last outing with a Crank & Fail..... don't like the 07 road bike I had.... I took this for a spin and though it felt good, really good tbh so pulled out my wallet and brought it home, well after going home, working myself up, almost turning around on the A30, having a panic attack outside.... was an expensive bike for me lol

Having a rest after a play in Poldice

The next day after I switched my XT brakes and carbon alt bars (still not ready to give them up!) onto this we went out for a ride, the wife and I jut did the coast to coast down here in Cornwall and I had a little run around Poldice including a ride through whats left of the river bed at the bottom.

Was really pleased with it, rolled a lot better than expecting coming from a 29x2.1 or 2.4 depending on the ride, and climbed like a goat, I was super surprised at that!

So all in all I was pleased with the purchase, my 1st aluminium bike and have to say they have come some way and the 1st bike I haven't built up from a frame :O, but with the dicount I had it was about the same as I probably would have spent building a new frame up but over a bit longer time....

Now to clean it.....

Cheers, Steve

Posted: Dec 31, 2016 at 6:42 Quote
That looks like a cool bike, I was down to either that or the Bad Habit. Went BH just to give full suspension another try.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010176
Mobile Version of Website