Fox Float X2 Recall Thread

PB Forum :: Fox Racing Shox
Fox Float X2 Recall Thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 14, 2016 at 19:38 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.imdserve.com/images/news/2016/10/12/float-recall-1476305048757-1sh3jrss6az1u-960-80.jpg
Does anyone have any other details of the recall?

Any updates on potential warranty/exchange programs?

Posted: Oct 16, 2016 at 18:08 Quote
No news here but I'm pissed !
Safety first but come on tell your customers something, anything! Stop riding your shock, that's it !? Now I got to buy another shock because I have feeling it's going be a long wait..

Posted: Oct 26, 2016 at 8:57 Quote
Getting bored of waiting for Fox to sort this out.

O+
Posted: Oct 28, 2016 at 14:04 Quote
T1mb0 wrote:
Getting bored of waiting for Fox to sort this out.
Reading about a lot folks moving to DVO.

Posted: Oct 29, 2016 at 0:56 Quote
Not a chance i'll be moving to DVO

Posted: Oct 30, 2016 at 8:29 Quote
Why not DVO? I run a Diamond and Jade both fantastic. They ride high in the travel but are super supple off the top! Your missing out IMO. Btw I have X2 for sale cheap! I talked to Ed B. Service manager at Fox and he was dismissive and unapologetic blaming the CPSC for the lack of info. He offered a loaner Float X but I told him no thanks after his initial attitude. I'll never buy another Fox product ever.

Posted: Nov 2, 2016 at 15:01 Quote
So Fox has begun the recall process, and it's a huge pain in the ass. Aside from sending you a prepaid shipping label you have to go online and enter your serial # to find out if your shock needs to be recalled ( I already knew it did ), then you have to enter all your info to get a RA# ( return authorization ). Then you have write the ra# on the outside of the box,etc..Still no apology for the inconvenience. Fox service sucks ass, never again will I buy one of their products. With DVO all I do for service is email Ronnie and he says " send it in" no issue code, no call tag, no RA# NO BS online forms.

O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2016 at 5:07 Quote
I'm thinking that's because Fox is a massive company. Any large company taking in warranty work or returns issue RA numbers and crap like that. It sucks but that's the only way they can probably keep track of things and stay organized.

Posted: Nov 7, 2016 at 13:18 Quote
Yeah I get now but that's another reason large corporations suck. No excuse for not apologizing though.

Posted: Nov 11, 2016 at 12:19 Quote
Sent my recalled X2 last Friday, got it back with the updates today. Cant ask for much more than that in a situation like this!

FL
Posted: Nov 12, 2016 at 15:26 Quote
Beez177 wrote:
Why not DVO? I run a Diamond and Jade both fantastic. They ride high in the travel but are super supple off the top! Your missing out IMO. Btw I have X2 for sale cheap! I talked to Ed B. Service manager at Fox and he was dismissive and unapologetic blaming the CPSC for the lack of info. He offered a loaner Float X but I told him no thanks after his initial attitude. I'll never buy another Fox product ever.
Just curious, did you say anything specific to get offered a loaner Float X? I need my bike for a trip this week so I don't want to send my shock in

Posted: Nov 12, 2016 at 15:46 Quote
To be honest I probably came on a little strong so Fox was trying to " put out the fire " . No I didn't ask for a loaner, Ed B. offered it. I declined since I bought the Jade. Sent in the X2 over a week ago. I haven't heard anything, but I don't need it back anytime soon. Horrible experience overall that simple apology and official press release could of help solve.

Posted: Nov 13, 2016 at 0:38 Quote
Been you must have missed the press release that everyone else saw.
When the CPSC are involved Fox cannot say anything (legally) until they've made a decision.
As soon as that happened they made another press release to send the effected shocks in. I guess you missed that one too.

I have no doubt they were advised not to apologise because of the blame/sue culture in the US.

You chose to buy a DVO product. Fox did not force you to do that.

I'm satisfied how they handled it all, given the situation. It's not ideal, but then product recalls never are.

It's seems more that you're just complaining for the sake of it now. Which makes you look more stupid than them.
Plus no one cares about another pB user have a whinge for the sake of it... that's sadly just one of the themes of this site.

Posted: Nov 13, 2016 at 8:15 Quote
Hey Fox fanboy seems like your being dick just for the sake of being a dick which make you look just as stupid. Many people complain about
Fox's poor customer service I was just conveying my experience. If you had a different experience good for f*cking you tosser!

Posted: Nov 13, 2016 at 9:07 Quote
hahaha, nicely put. You just proved my point.

I fail to see you logic though. Just because I don't buy a brand new DVO shock, I'm a Fox fanboy... I've only had my X2 since August, so why would I spend more money on another brand new shock. Thats just ridiculous.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011867
Mobile Version of Website