Trails not showing on Ride Planner

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trails not showing on Ride Planner
Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 13:30 Quote
dennisthrysoe wrote:
Same for the "Thisted" area in Denmark. Seems the routing area is somewhat busted Smile

Yeah its an odd one. It makes me want to spend a weekend creating rides for every trail im interested in just to have in case one day i want to ride them and cant get the ride planner to work.

Mod Plus
Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 8:31 Quote
dennisthrysoe wrote:
Same for the "Thisted" area in Denmark. Seems the routing area is somewhat busted Smile

There is no trails to route in Thisted.

https://www.trailforks.com/region/thisted-51384/

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 11:03 Quote
This issue is caused by Garmin devices needing to have the firmware updated to the latest. That fixed this issue.

dangaras wrote:
The route planner is really good at the moment.

However, I posted an issue in the Trailforks app section about getting an IQ! error on the Garmin devices when we try to open the Trailforks Garmin companion app in order to navigate the routes.

I got sick of stopping all the time to use my phone to navigate. The Garmin expense will be a waste if it isn't resolved.

The error turned up mid February & has not been addressed. It will be useless if not resolved.

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 6:33 Quote
No trails available for all of CT in Route Planner (except one small yellow square). Looking forward to trying this feature.

Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 12:05 Quote
Planner database is out of date for Boggs Mountain, where I made a bunch of updates yesterday. Any chance this will be updated soon? Thanks!

Mod Plus
Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 13:01 Quote
cutting wrote:
Planner database is out of date for Boggs Mountain, where I made a bunch of updates yesterday. Any chance this will be updated soon? Thanks!

Should work now.

Mod Plus
Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 13:04 Quote
RFGriffin wrote:
No trails available for all of CT in Route Planner (except one small yellow square). Looking forward to trying this feature.

What ride area are you interested in?

Posted: Apr 16, 2020 at 20:45 Quote
MEGA PROPS to the TrailForks/PinkBike folk who made the "Draw your route" thing happen. Man its such a breeze to use now. SO PSYCHED! THANK YOU!!!

Mod Plus
Posted: Apr 17, 2020 at 11:14 Quote
fmradio516 wrote:
MEGA PROPS to the TrailForks/PinkBike folk who made the "Draw your route" thing happen. Man its such a breeze to use now. SO PSYCHED! THANK YOU!!!

Thanks! Still making some tweaks. There is a weird random distance snapping issue on occasion. Can get by it by pressing SHIFT + Z for awhile.

Posted: Apr 17, 2020 at 19:39 Quote
canadaka wrote:
fmradio516 wrote:

Thanks! Still making some tweaks. There is a weird random distance snapping issue on occasion. Can get by it by pressing SHIFT + Z for awhile.

Thanks for the tip.. Just tried using it on my GPS today(Hammerhead Karoo) and there is some weird message that comes up when I load the map and it only will list the turn by turn directions for the section im currently on. So every few minutes i need to reload the map to see which direction im heading in. If i load any other map i have, it doesnt give me the error, only on the one i did the drawed route on. Any ideas?

Mod Plus
Posted: Apr 17, 2020 at 20:05 Quote
fmradio516 wrote:
canadaka wrote:
fmradio516 wrote:

Thanks for the tip.. Just tried using it on my GPS today(Hammerhead Karoo) and there is some weird message that comes up when I load the map and it only will list the turn by turn directions for the section im currently on. So every few minutes i need to reload the map to see which direction im heading in. If i load any other map i have, it doesnt give me the error, only on the one i did the drawed route on. Any ideas?

Not really, never used a Karoo. You are loading it via the GPX file?

Posted: Apr 18, 2020 at 6:41 Quote
canadaka wrote:
fmradio516 wrote:
canadaka wrote:

Yep and all is well until i actually go ride the route. Oh well.

Posted: May 16, 2020 at 20:27 Quote
Isn't there an option in admin to update new trails so that they are accessible in route...

fmradio516 wrote:
canadaka wrote:
fmradio516 wrote:

Yep and all is well until i actually go ride the route. Oh well.

Posted: May 17, 2020 at 5:46 Quote
Issue: New trails not showing up in ride planner: Trash Panda & Woods over the Gundy

Region: Don Valley

Action: Attempt to create route in new route planner

Expected result-
-View trails in region map,
-get excited about planning a route for use on Edge 520+ since so many parking lots are closed
-Go to the new route planner (works amazingly well on a laptop, very slow on mobile device)
-Start planning route, add trails, go ride.

Actual result-
-Unable to see these two trails, can't plan full route
-depression.
-Realization that we know trails so well we don't need route planner, "this time".

Investigate forum & find "Trails not showing on Ride Planner" thread..

Issue reported Oct 2016 as resolved??

Is this a new issue with the new map system??

Thanx for looking into it.

Ride Planner view below:

Missing trails visible on region maps below:

Mod Plus
Posted: May 17, 2020 at 8:34 Quote
dangaras wrote:
Issue: New trails not showing up in ride planner: Trash Panda & Woods over the Gundy

Region: Don Valley

Action: Attempt to create route in new route planner

Expected result-
-View trails in region map,
-get excited about planning a route for use on Edge 520+ since so many parking lots are closed
-Go to the new route planner (works amazingly well on a laptop, very slow on mobile device)
-Start planning route, add trails, go ride.

Actual result-
-Unable to see these two trails, can't plan full route
-depression.
-Realization that we know trails so well we don't need route planner, "this time".

Investigate forum & find "Trails not showing on Ride Planner" thread..

Issue reported Oct 2016 as resolved??

Is this a new issue with the new map system??

Thanx for looking into it.

Ride Planner view below:

Missing trails visible on region maps below:

Routing has been updated.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006235
Mobile Version of Website