Specialized demo owners club

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized demo owners club
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 21, 2016 at 7:42 Quote
Yo all, decided to make a specialized demo owners thread where we can discuss, share pics and help other owners of this lovely bike!

I got my self a demo carbon II a few weeks back in XL, fits me like a glove at 6'3" and rides like a dream!

My only issue is that it's a pretty noisey beast, any one else noticed this?

Posted: Oct 22, 2016 at 9:30 Quote
2016 S-Works Demo XL here I'm 6'2 and the bike feels super big considering my last dh bike was a GT Lobo lol

Why is your bike noisey? Mine hardly makes a sound! (Except for the Ohlins wheezing) Confused

Posted: Oct 22, 2016 at 11:53 Quote
Partly chain slap, but I got to the bottom of that, the chain slap protector on the lower stays is quite hard rubber almost plastic really so I wrapped some grip tape on and it helped alot.
But every now and then on certain bumps and big/harsh compressions there is still a slap/clack sound, not bottoming out though either.

Done a run with no chain on and mech zipped tied in place and it was silent, so made me think the clutch is no good but it seems fine.

Posted: Oct 22, 2016 at 12:07 Quote
Ah that could be it then, I must say the XO1 dh derailleur is superb.
I'm just going to cry out of my wallet if it breaks.

Posted: Oct 22, 2016 at 12:56 Quote
Yeah I'm just gonna put up with it till it needs replacing.

Other than that I love it to bits, had loads of bikes over the years but this was the one that took me the longest to feel at home on it.

Normally settled on a bike after 2 days on it but this one took a little longer, found it hard initially to find my balance point on it and distribute the weight evenly on the wheels, probably because it's chain stays are shorter than any thing I had before and the front center was also the longest I had ridden.

Posted: Dec 16, 2016 at 14:22 Quote
Hey guys

I'm getting a 2016 demo this week, it comes with the Ohlins Coil shock

What spring should I put on it, I'm 95kgs

Thanks

Posted: Dec 16, 2016 at 15:00 Quote
Hey dude you need a 36.5mm ID probably at around 475lb

What size frame are you getting?

Posted: Dec 16, 2016 at 18:12 Quote
Thanks

I'm getting the Long frame

Posted: Dec 16, 2016 at 18:14 Quote
Are the Ohlins Coils the only ones that fit on the shock, or can I use a Fox or Cane Creek Coil?

Posted: Dec 16, 2016 at 18:24 Quote
OK, the long frame comes with a medium fork spring and a 388lb rear spring so for 95kg you might find that you will need to change both.

Some fox springs are 35mm so they wont fit, Cane Creek is 36.5mm and will work and I have been told 38mm rockshox spring works too BUT I have not personally tested that size so cannot vouch.

The actual Ohlins spring is bang on 36.5mm

Posted: Dec 16, 2016 at 21:56 Quote
Legend mate

Thanks

Posted: Dec 30, 2016 at 17:51 Quote
Wondering if I can buy a TTX takeoff from a 17 demo and just slap it on my 14 demo. Will I need any different mounting hardware? Is the shock tuned differently on the new demos?

Posted: Dec 31, 2016 at 12:22 Quote
TugboatComplex wrote:
Wondering if I can buy a TTX takeoff from a 17 demo and just slap it on my 14 demo. Will I need any different mounting hardware? Is the shock tuned differently on the new demos?

You will need a different yoke and mount kit.

The tune is very close to that of the tune for the '14 demo, just with a tiny bit more mid stroke added from what I found online.

Posted: Dec 31, 2016 at 12:52 Quote
Thanks man, do you know where to find the yoke/mount kit?

Posted: Dec 31, 2016 at 14:12 Quote
Best bet is an Ohlins dealer.

My mate looked into it, specialized sent him the little cam that was meant to convert it, but it's a slightly diff sized cam between the 2016 and 2014 so had to get the yoke too, turned out a quite expensive so he didn't bother.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011388
Mobile Version of Website