Specialized demo owners club

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized demo owners club
Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 22:25 Quote
Recently picked up a S-works demo, definitely needs some work lol. I cant seem to find this color scheme on any other of the carbon frames and it also seems to have the internal cable routing on the european side, anyone ever see this color scheme on a carbon one before?

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 0:03 Quote
Eek looks custom. quite like the color tbh. Need's a chainguide tho.. unless your just a casual Book lol

Whats the tape for around the down tube ?

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 0:05 Quote
CarolineHix wrote:
Eek looks custom. quite like the color tbh. Need's a chainguide tho.. unless your just a casual Book lol

Thats what im finding weird, its the same color as a 2017 alloy demo but doesnt seem to exist for any of the carbon models.

Gonna order a lg1 chain guide soon and the tape around the downtube is bcs im changing brakes or brake calipers soon and dont wanna bother with routing the cable through the frame yet.

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 0:08 Quote
Tristanc wrote:
CarolineHix wrote:

Thats what im finding weird, its the same color as a 2017 alloy demo but doesnt seem to exist for any of the carbon models.

Gonna order a lg1 chain guide soon and the tape around the downtube is bcs im changing brakes or brake calipers soon and dont wanna bother with routing the cable through the frame yet.

Its fairly easy to route the cables. It was my first time dealing with internal cable routing on my Demo and I was surprised how easy it was.

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 0:20 Quote
simov49 wrote:
Tristanc wrote:
CarolineHix wrote:

Its fairly easy to route the cables. It was my first time dealing with internal cable routing on my Demo and I was surprised how easy it was.

Its not really that, its just i dont wanna rebleed my brakes considering im changing them out soon.

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 2:00 Quote
Finn Iles rode this color scheme in 2017

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 2:25 Quote
dh-corn wrote:

Did they ever sell the color scheme in a carbon frame? The canadian flag stickers are in pretty similar spots to the ones on his Eek
Theres also glue from a long live chainsaw sticker on my chainstay lol

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 2:38 Quote
Tristanc wrote:
dh-corn wrote:

Did they ever sell the color scheme in a carbon frame? The canadian flag stickers are in pretty similar spots to the ones on his Eek
Theres also glue from a long live chainsaw sticker on my chainstay lol

Nope, maybe you picked a Teamframe

https://www.redbull.com/int-en/bike-check-finn-iles-specialized-demo-8-mtb

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 5:47 Quote
Tristanc wrote:
Recently picked up a S-works demo, definitely needs some work lol. I cant seem to find this color scheme on any other of the carbon frames and it also seems to have the internal cable routing on the european side, anyone ever see this color scheme on a carbon one before?

I'm pretty sure this was a European color option only. I remember seeing that color when I went to buy my bike on specialized website, but it wasn't offered in North America.

https://www.specialized.com/gb/en/demo-8-i-alloy/p/115388?color=208503-115388&searchText=94516-5102

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 7:21 Quote
littleman22 wrote:
Tristanc wrote:

I'm pretty sure this was a European color option only. I remember seeing that color when I went to buy my bike on specialized website, but it wasn't offered in North America.

https://www.specialized.com/gb/en/demo-8-i-alloy/p/115388?color=208503-115388&searchText=94516-5102

Yeah, but no carbon.

It should be an old team frame of Iles or its just a paintjob

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 9:10 Quote
Very nice reguardless Smile

I remember when tues al had the fallout color scheme for USA only Cry Eek

Beer black/yellow is a timeless classic colors ! like an angry lookin wasp bike Fab

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 11:36 Quote
CarolineHix wrote:
Very nice reguardless Smile

I remember when tues al had the fallout color scheme for USA only Cry Eek

Beer black/yellow is a timeless classic colors ! like an angry lookin wasp bike Fab

I dont know what you see, but I see green and red Wink

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 12:24 Quote
lol sorry i mean't the tues. (And region specific colors)

They went on to repeat the color scheme for the next version.

The demo looks nice too. Eek Need a black/yellow edition.

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 2:47 Quote
CarolineHix wrote:
lol sorry i mean't the tues. (And region specific colors)

They went on to repeat the color scheme for the next version.

The demo looks nice too. Eek Need a black/yellow edition.

It was available in black/yellow in Germany as well.

Also this one in carbon:
2016 YT TUES CF COMP W BOXXER WC amp SAINT BRAKES

I dont really like yellow/black at all. It always reminds me of a construction site.

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 9:53 Quote
I always wanted my demo carbon in the black and white the 2014ish bikes had,looks like a killer whale.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007766
Mobile Version of Website