Specialized demo owners club

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized demo owners club
Author Message
Posted: Oct 7, 2020 at 7:25 Quote
Beer 10-speed + 34 would make a great all mtn setup. but your top end would be limited slightly. Go for it Beer

Edit - The only issues you will get is chain guide rub in the biggest sprocket and your chain line will cause 1st maybe 2nd gear to drop down the cassette when pedalling backwards (When your preparing to go up something steep or getting your pedal ready) But you can obviously change gear in advance so this becomes less of an issue. Eek

Posted: Oct 7, 2020 at 12:49 Quote
CarolineHix wrote:
Beer 10-speed + 34 would make a great all mtn setup. but your top end would be limited slightly. Go for it Beer

Edit - The only issues you will get is chain guide rub in the biggest sprocket and your chain line will cause 1st maybe 2nd gear to drop down the cassette when pedalling backwards (When your preparing to go up something steep or getting your pedal ready) But you can obviously change gear in advance so this becomes less of an issue. Eek

THANKS!!

What 10 speed could I realistically fit? I climb now, barely, on a 11-42 + 32 on my hardtail. Thats a 9 speed
Im thinking 10 speed, 11-46 + 32??

Any models in mind? I dont really have issues setting my climb gear early.

DG

Posted: Oct 7, 2020 at 14:03 Quote
BeamorG wrote:
CarolineHix wrote:
Beer 10-speed + 34 would make a great all mtn setup. but your top end would be limited slightly. Go for it Beer

Edit - The only issues you will get is chain guide rub in the biggest sprocket and your chain line will cause 1st maybe 2nd gear to drop down the cassette when pedalling backwards (When your preparing to go up something steep or getting your pedal ready) But you can obviously change gear in advance so this becomes less of an issue. Eek

THANKS!!

What 10 speed could I realistically fit? I climb now, barely, on a 11-42 + 32 on my hardtail. Thats a 9 speed
Im thinking 10 speed, 11-46 + 32??

Any models in mind? I dont really have issues setting my climb gear early.

DG

11-36. I personally wouldn't go bigger. than that. The other option is to also get one of the cane creek shocks. im pretty sure they have climb switches across all the coil models

Posted: Oct 7, 2020 at 14:19 Quote
MTBrandonLee wrote:
BeamorG wrote:
CarolineHix wrote:
Beer 10-speed + 34 would make a great all mtn setup. but your top end would be limited slightly. Go for it Beer

Edit - The only issues you will get is chain guide rub in the biggest sprocket and your chain line will cause 1st maybe 2nd gear to drop down the cassette when pedalling backwards (When your preparing to go up something steep or getting your pedal ready) But you can obviously change gear in advance so this becomes less of an issue. Eek

THANKS!!

What 10 speed could I realistically fit? I climb now, barely, on a 11-42 + 32 on my hardtail. Thats a 9 speed
Im thinking 10 speed, 11-46 + 32??

Any models in mind? I dont really have issues setting my climb gear early.

DG

11-36. I personally wouldn't go bigger. than that. The other option is to also get one of the cane creek shocks. im pretty sure they have climb switches across all the coil models

Why not go any larger? Sorry, I am new to DH Bikes and dont want to be the proponent of any sacrilege

Posted: Oct 7, 2020 at 15:18 Quote
Can anyone running atlas cranks help me with spacing?
The gap on my drive side is pretty big so the chainring clears but non drive side is like 1mm from hitting the chainstay

Posted: Oct 7, 2020 at 18:37 Quote
BeamorG wrote:
Hey there, newly Demo 8 Carbon Owner. Anyone messed with the drivetrain to make this bike more "climbable." Where I am (Santa Cruz) unless I shuttle, I have to climb like 1000+ feet in one mile maybe 2. This 7 speed aint gonna cut it.

In my opinion. if you're climbing, you chose the wrong bike. My only thought is being the bike is a 7spd. would a 10 speed cassette even fit on the hub.

Posted: Oct 7, 2020 at 18:41 Quote
littleman22 wrote:
BeamorG wrote:
Hey there, newly Demo 8 Carbon Owner. Anyone messed with the drivetrain to make this bike more "climbable." Where I am (Santa Cruz) unless I shuttle, I have to climb like 1000+ feet in one mile maybe 2. This 7 speed aint gonna cut it.

In my opinion. if you're climbing, you chose the wrong bike. My only thought is being the bike is a 7spd. would a 10 speed cassette even fit on the hub.

if it sram gx dh. it will fit a standard 10spd cassette. but yeah. tough to make a dh climb. pushing imo is always faster

Posted: Oct 7, 2020 at 22:55 Quote
Tristanc wrote:
Can anyone running atlas cranks help me with spacing?
The gap on my drive side is pretty big so the chainring clears but non drive side is like 1mm from hitting the chainstay

Don't know if it's still the case, but some cranks come with spacers you put in place of where a BB mounted chainguide would normally go to make up the difference in spacing.

Posted: Oct 8, 2020 at 9:17 Quote
MTBrandonLee wrote:
littleman22 wrote:
BeamorG wrote:
Hey there, newly Demo 8 Carbon Owner. Anyone messed with the drivetrain to make this bike more "climbable." Where I am (Santa Cruz) unless I shuttle, I have to climb like 1000+ feet in one mile maybe 2. This 7 speed aint gonna cut it.

In my opinion. if you're climbing, you chose the wrong bike. My only thought is being the bike is a 7spd. would a 10 speed cassette even fit on the hub.

if it sram gx dh. it will fit a standard 10spd cassette. but yeah. tough to make a dh climb. pushing imo is always faster

I need to get this bike to climb to get to and from my down hill runs. In DEMO Forrest SC. Etc. maybe I just shuttle and walk the thing? Few miles in and out tho.

Posted: Oct 8, 2020 at 12:51 Quote
From many years mountain biking you either

Buy an Enduro bike and pedal it to the top

Buy a dh bike and push it to the top

There’s no proper way to get a dh bike to pedal

Posted: Oct 8, 2020 at 14:57 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
From many years mountain biking you either

Buy an Enduro bike and pedal it to the top

Buy a dh bike and push it to the top

There’s no proper way to get a dh bike to pedal

Hold on there partner

Demoduro

180mm fox 36, 200mm rear
64 deg HA
77 deg SA
130% anti squat
9-46T 11 speed
210mm dropper


Posted: Oct 8, 2020 at 15:41 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
From many years mountain biking you either

Buy an Enduro bike and pedal it to the top

Buy a dh bike and push it to the top

There’s no proper way to get a dh bike to pedal

I pedal my 34t chainring, 24t rear sprocket (7spd) uphill at SkyPark all day long no prob... I swap the 34t for a 36t at lift parks though.

Posted: Oct 8, 2020 at 15:44 Quote
Tristanc wrote:
Can anyone running atlas cranks help me with spacing?
The gap on my drive side is pretty big so the chainring clears but non drive side is like 1mm from hitting the chainstay

I have those cranks, but the bottom bracket should have spacers. All of my Raceface BBs have come with spacers.

Posted: Oct 9, 2020 at 5:27 Quote
Brasher wrote:
bikerboywill wrote:
From many years mountain biking you either

Buy an Enduro bike and pedal it to the top

Buy a dh bike and push it to the top

There’s no proper way to get a dh bike to pedal

Hold on there partner

Demoduro

180mm fox 36, 200mm rear
64 deg HA
77 deg SA
130% anti squat
9-46T 11 speed
210mm dropper


That is straight madness!! So sick!

Posted: Oct 9, 2020 at 11:02 Quote
Brasher wrote:
bikerboywill wrote:
From many years mountain biking you either

Buy an Enduro bike and pedal it to the top

Buy a dh bike and push it to the top

There’s no proper way to get a dh bike to pedal

Hold on there partner

Demoduro

180mm fox 36, 200mm rear
64 deg HA
77 deg SA
130% anti squat
9-46T 11 speed
210mm dropper


DUDE!!!! This is RAAADDDD!!!
I think I will strip and rebuild. Thanks!!


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007500
Mobile Version of Website