Specialized demo owners club

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized demo owners club
Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 6:46 Quote
Why are you touching your stem bolts on dual crown forks? If it’s a direct mount stem then it will bolt into the crown and will not have anything to do with the headset.

The torques marked on the crown are the target torque for the bolt. If you’re going under that torque setting that’s the reason it’s slipping. If anything if it’s still slipping go to 9n/m it won’t damage anything.

Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 10:09 Quote
dh-corn wrote:
Note from me: When tightening the headset, make sure that you lift the cockpit with your hand from the lower crown. Then you will also notice when the headset shells are all in place. Otherwise it might be slightly tilted and get some play when you start driving.

Top tip !

Sorted so many peoples headsets that complained they couldn't get it preloaded correctly with the same method.

Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 13:32 Quote
bigquotesThe torques marked on the crown are the target torque for the bolt. If you’re going under that torque setting that’s the reason it’s slipping. If anything if it’s still slipping go to 9n/m it won’t damage anything.

Eek woah. i was worried about tightening to the marked torque because some have the range shown instead.
Beer will be tightened to specified number when it comes loose after the next ride. Thanks for help

Posted: Oct 23, 2020 at 11:08 Quote
I am waiting for a 2017 carbon demo 8 frame to arrive in a few weeks.
When I bought it I couldn't convince myself that I really needed that Ohlins shock for half a grand , so now the frame has no shock and that fact starts to worry me a bit.

The seller said that the shock hardware was specific to the shock and that he would keep it. I only get the bolts.

The question is can I bolt any other shock to the frame and what hardware/ bushing kit do I need?
Would a standard one like Fox 5 piece 8 mm bushing set fit?

I noticed that one of the mounts has ball bearing hardware that offsets the shock to one side, is that correct?
Does it have to be that way with all the other shocks that I attempt to fit on the frame?

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 4:10 Quote
Quasar7 wrote:
I noticed that one of the mounts has ball bearing hardware that offsets the shock to one side, is that correct?
Does it have to be that way with all the other shocks that I attempt to fit on the frame?

No. I swapped my Ohlins with FoxDHX2 and used a normal hardware but had to use 4 bushings, 2 bushings on each eyelet

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 12:35 Quote
Quasar7 wrote:
I am waiting for a 2017 carbon demo 8 frame to arrive in a few weeks.
When I bought it I couldn't convince myself that I really needed that Ohlins shock for half a grand , so now the frame has no shock and that fact starts to worry me a bit.

The seller said that the shock hardware was specific to the shock and that he would keep it. I only get the bolts.

The question is can I bolt any other shock to the frame and what hardware/ bushing kit do I need?
Would a standard one like Fox 5 piece 8 mm bushing set fit?

That rear ohlins is ... EVERYTHING

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 19:24 Quote
Hi all new here and need a bit of advice please.
I am considering buying this Demo 8 Carbon (photo posted in my profile) this owner says it’s a 2016 from my research I thinks it’s a 2012 or 2013 can anyone help me confirm this? Also he is asking $3,200 AUD which I think is a bit steep what do people think is a fair price?
Thanks a lot!

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 23:51 Quote
Anyone here have experience with a 2021 demo mullet or even a 29? Considering the mullet for next season.

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 8:05 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
Anyone here have experience with a 2021 demo mullet or even a 29? Considering the mullet for next season.

Yes, I have build recently one for me. I like it, everything as I was expecting it to be. if you like idea of mullet, go for it.
Can see more pictures couple of pages back.
Specialized demo 2021 29 27.5

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 10:29 Quote
LeefT wrote:
Hi all new here and need a bit of advice please.
I am considering buying this Demo 8 Carbon (photo posted in my profile) this owner says it’s a 2016 from my research I thinks it’s a 2012 or 2013 can anyone help me confirm this? Also he is asking $3,200 AUD which I think is a bit steep what do people think is a fair price?
Thanks a lot!

Hey mate, couldn't find the photo of the Demo on your photos

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 14:07 Quote
student wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:

Yes, I have build recently one for me. I like it, everything as I was expecting it to be. if you like idea of mullet, go for it.

I LOVE the mullet set up directly from Specialized. Mine is the first mullet ive ridden and really had me looking hard at the new SJ evo to run in the same setup.

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 17:19 Quote
sempertoy wrote:
student wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:

I LOVE the mullet set up directly from Specialized. Mine is the first mullet ive ridden and really had me looking hard at the new SJ evo to run in the same setup.

Good to know you both love your bikes! I was set on the commencal supreme mullet but it seems like the demo is a better value and I like the adjustable geometry. Would made you guys go with the demo?

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 22:48 Quote
I recently swapped from full 27.5 to mullet on my Demo Race. It was noticeably better feeling after the swap.

Posted: Oct 29, 2020 at 6:14 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
sempertoy wrote:
student wrote:

[PI=19540947[/PI]

Good to know you both love your bikes! I was set on the commencal supreme mullet but it seems like the demo is a better value and I like the adjustable geometry. Would made you guys go with the demo?

I was thinking about Commencal as well, but stayed on demo as it has the opportunity to run full 29" or full 27" setup, if for some reason didn't like the mullet bike. Commencal and V10 have specific bike for one wheel-size type, so you won't have opportunity to try different options.

The new SJ Evo, is my next idea, but for now happy with my Bronson v2, but transition from SC to Evo should be very easy as well, all standards very similar.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008599
Mobile Version of Website