Specialized demo owners club

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized demo owners club
Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 22:59 Quote
I would avoid buyng them 2nd hand for reason said above my post, they have a real bad habit of cracking.

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 11:16 Quote
Ha, thank you! I found a commencal supreme DH for a smoking deal, so if that falls through I'll keep an eye out. Thanks again for the information!

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 12:34 Quote
borlowski90 wrote:
Ha, thank you! I found a commencal supreme DH for a smoking deal, so if that falls through I'll keep an eye out. Thanks again for the information!

If you want a 2017 Demo 8 Alloy, let me know i will sell it for $1950 shipped.

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 17:38 Quote
borlowski90 wrote:

That's what I moved on to, they are better in every conceivable way.

Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 0:16 Quote
Brasher wrote:
borlowski90 wrote:

That's what I moved on to, they are better in every conceivable way.

It depends what you´re looking for. The Demo is an absolute perfect fun bike in the park. The short chainstays makes it nice and playful but it is still good for any DH track. I would also not generalize the probs with the carbon frames.

I'm super happy with the bike. The only thing is really the linear rear triangle even with the progressive link. I really have to try an air shock.

Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 15:46 Quote
I ended up buying a used but nearly brand new condition Supreme for a tad more than the Demo I was looking at. I appreciate the responses!

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 23:19 Quote
Anyone know where I could find a chainstay for a 2016 S-works? got a nasty chip in the carbon while coming off riding yesterday - tap test tells me its compromised. Such a shame - its a beautiful frame (raw carbon on black)

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 1:56 Quote
jakeking1 wrote:
Anyone know where I could find a chainstay for a 2016 S-works? got a nasty chip in the carbon while coming off riding yesterday - tap test tells me its compromised. Such a shame - its a beautiful frame (raw carbon on black)

I know that a hole rear triangle is sold in a german used bikemarket.

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 14:21 Quote
dh-corn wrote:
jakeking1 wrote:

That is awesome!

If you have a link it would be great - I can't seem to find it in a few searches.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 4:55 Quote
Picked up a '20 Demo Expert a few weeks back and spent all weekend this past weekend riding the park at Snowshoe on it.

I am in love. After dialing in the suspension, just wow.

The mullet setup is absolutely amazing and this thing feels like a totally different experience coming off my bottom spec Scott Gambler.

Incredible bike, now I need to level up so I can do it some actual justice.

My wife is thrilled to inherit the Gambler, so double win.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 15:58 Quote
Anyone have firsthand experience riding the previous gen demo and the new one? I have a fully upgraded 17 alloy that I’m really considering frame swapping this winter. I find myself spending most of my time in the tech trails here in the northeast and I’m looking for a bike better suited for such. I’m coming from a Medium demo but recently built a large stumpy 29 and I’m LOVING the added reach and roll over from the big wheels.

Was hoping for some insight before i jump into something i may not prefer. I’m thinking it should be an easy ish swap. Lower swap my 40s, put a 29 hoop on my front hope hub and swap my rear hub.

Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 7:40 Quote
jakeking1 wrote:
dh-corn wrote:
jakeking1 wrote:

That is awesome!

If you have a link it would be great - I can't seem to find it in a few searches.

I sent you an PM. I know now two rear triangles which are sold. Let me know if I can help!

Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 13:28 Quote
Hi all,

I’ve just recently picked up my new demo project!

She’s an 06 demo 8, bought it second hand. So far I’ve cleaned it up, the stickers are still present but it’s been sprayed over.

All I’ve done so far is add a pivotal seat post, I’ve ordered a chain guide. I’ve got parts to fit from my 04 kona stuff like drivetrain and back wheel and stuff.

I plan to use bmx cranks with an adapter to my chainring, as they’re cheap and easy to get hold of and replace or upgrade

What size headset do these take as I want to replace it? In like mm?

This is my first bike project. I’ve got tool and stuff Smile

Here’s a pic

New demo project 06 demo 8

Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 17:03 Quote
Hey guys Quick Question :::2017 demo 8::: are the hubs Roval? or Specialized? I thought Roval was a side company of specialized? just trying to find a price at the time.reason cause i am selling and do not know what to ask for them

Posted: Aug 5, 2021 at 0:40 Quote
wrenchman117 wrote:
Hey guys Quick Question :::2017 demo 8::: are the hubs Roval? or Specialized? I thought Roval was a side company of specialized? just trying to find a price at the time.reason cause i am selling and do not know what to ask for them

Yes Roval is the in house brand of Specialized just like Bontrager is for Trek, Specialized spec's all Roval parts on any bikes they sell.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007286
Mobile Version of Website