Specialized demo owners club

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized demo owners club
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 4, 2021 at 9:46 Quote
mmoon wrote:
Is anyone running a straightline silent guide on the last-gen demo (2016-2019)?

My cranks sometimes felt like they were getting stuck in place last time i rode. Not consistently. Makes me think there’s something odd going on between the guide and the chain as it goes through the travel.

Had that feeling when the guide wheel bearing wore out on lg chainguide (Felt like the chain couldn't move freely and got 'stuck'). Ended up just removing the lower guide completely. Beer (It actually feel's a lot nicer without the added friction and the amount of teeth the chain contacts is less so naturally is smoother and takes less energy to pedal)

However you might be more hardcore rider and need one.. Eek Altho haven't had a chain drop in like.. 3 years Fab

Posted: Sep 4, 2021 at 11:08 Quote
Thanks CarolineHix, I’ll go back to a guide with the lower idler. My chain falls off even with the Silent Guide

Posted: Sep 6, 2021 at 6:10 Quote
Rolleyes Removed rear shock from bike today (just for the hell of it..) actually it's making horrible dying pig sound's.
I haven't ridden it in a long time and have a new bike so why not eh. Beer

Just thought i would take a few photo's (Again.. no real reason but maybe helpful one day lol)
Facepalm like all thing's.. it was surprisingly easy to remove.. Bit fiddly to reinstall but not too bad.

Posted: Sep 9, 2021 at 10:33 Quote
Does anyone know if there is any chance of the 2022 demo 29 to run a high pivot? I am about to buy a demo 29 but don’t want to buy it yet if there is a high pivot around the corner!

Posted: Sep 9, 2021 at 10:41 Quote
ajaypate1 wrote:
Does anyone know if there is any chance of the 2022 demo 29 to run a high pivot? I am about to buy a demo 29 but don’t want to buy it yet if there is a high pivot around the corner!

I would think no, as Bruni was testing it, and, as we saw last week, hi was on current version.
But i might be wrong. Smile please share if you know more.

Posted: Sep 9, 2021 at 13:13 Quote
student wrote:
ajaypate1 wrote:

I would think no, as Bruni was testing it, and, as we saw last week, hi was on current version.

Bruni is on the current version yes but the high pivot Demo was more of a test mule, I think for 2022 the Demo will remain the same,If they go High Pivot they need to re-design the whole frame from scratch with new kinemetic's etc.

Posted: Sep 9, 2021 at 22:49 Quote
Rolleyes 2022 demo 8 29' 'High Price', More like Really Mad There's no justification for the current cost of bikes WHAT THE ACTUAL F.. . 3-4K for 'BASE' model's.

Posted: Sep 10, 2021 at 3:22 Quote
my second hand parts build is almost complete!

Posted: Sep 10, 2021 at 7:28 Quote
fantaman wrote:
student wrote:
ajaypate1 wrote:

Bruni is on the current version yes but the high pivot Demo was more of a test mule, I think for 2022 the Demo will remain the same,If they go High Pivot they need to re-design the whole frame from scratch with new kinemetic's etc.

Alright! Thanks!

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 4:12 Quote
Hey, i have a demo s-works 2018 and im 60kg/132lbs and would like to know witch spring should i buy, is it worth to buy the cane creek progressive spring? Or swap the ohlins with a float x2?
Thanks Wink

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 4:16 Quote
dh-corn wrote:
fantaman wrote:
Offset 22,2mm Bushing fits Cool

What kind of offset bushing is this?

And does anyone know a Reach Adjust headset that fits in the carbon demo?

Thinking of converting it to Mullet.

Im thinking in convert mine too! I already have the fork and the wheel, i can tell you how and if it works Wink

Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 12:15 Quote
Question: I Have a long time friend just getting into riding bike parks.Shopping around for a demo 8(last version/not newest). He is 6,3! go for a large or x-large? Mostly bike park riding.

Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 14:25 Quote
Go XL, it's not a big XL compared most brands XL's these days.

Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 21:21 Quote
the XL is only 460mm reach, at 6'1 it was too small for me.

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 1:13 Quote
I´m 6,1 aka 1,85m and the XL carbon Demo fits perfect! In my opinion you do not necessarily have to follow the trend to extremely long reach values and certainly not if you want to have fun in the bike park. But it should also not be smaller, so XL with a 50mm stem.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007747
Mobile Version of Website