Specialized demo owners club

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized demo owners club
Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 16:33 Quote
Running Guide RS brakes on my 2013 S-Works and have noticed that the rear rotor is wearing down into the "spokes". This was a used purchase. I've git a new rotor and pads but want to verify what size the the caliper mount/standoff should be. I believe it says 40mm. Is that correct? Seems like it should be something that puts the caliper a bit higher on the rotor surface..... Ideas?

Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 22:58 Quote
Liquidfluidity wrote:
Running Guide RS brakes on my 2013 S-Works and have noticed that the rear rotor is wearing down into the "spokes". This was a used purchase. I've git a new rotor and pads but want to verify what size the the caliper mount/standoff should be. I believe it says 40mm. Is that correct? Seems like it should be something that puts the caliper a bit higher on the rotor surface..... Ideas?
Probably got some kind of washer or spacer missing ? Sram brakes used to run a stack of conical washers on thier calipers when I used them years ago.

Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 3:55 Quote
Local meeting... Specialized does not happen much ! )

Posted: Oct 3, 2021 at 9:50 Quote
Hello
I want to buy a new demo (2015-2019) and I dont know which size should I buy. I am 179 cm or almost 5'11 tall and I will probably grow a little bit since I am 16. As you can notice from my username I am riding Demo 8 2008 size M which has 430mm reach with 50mm stem and it feels a bit small to me. My style of riding is downhill mainly and sometimes local downhill racing. Size long of the newer demo has reach of just 440 and I think that 10mm will not make a big difference, but size XL may be too big beacuse I was riding my friend's bike with 465 mm reach and it felt little too big. I forgot to mention that I have long arms (arm span 183 cm or 6 feet) and inseam of 85 cm or 33,5 inches.

Posted: Oct 3, 2021 at 11:22 Quote
SpecializedDemo8II2008 wrote:
Hello
I want to buy a new demo (2015-2019) and I dont know which size should I buy. I am 179 cm or almost 5'11 tall and I will probably grow a little bit since I am 16. As you can notice from my username I am riding Demo 8 2008 size M which has 430mm reach with 50mm stem and it feels a bit small to me. My style of riding is downhill mainly and sometimes local downhill racing. Size long of the newer demo has reach of just 440 and I think that 10mm will not make a big difference, but size XL may be too big beacuse I was riding my friend's bike with 465 mm reach and it felt little too big. I forgot to mention that I have long arms (arm span 183 cm or 6 feet) and inseam of 85 cm or 33,5 inches.

Think you answered your own question tbh lol. L frame. Beer
Eek What if you stay the same height forever.. it would suck having a frame that's too big.

Most dh bikes have a shelf-life of 1 year. Before getting replacement parts become's annoying. You will probably be riding something different within 3 years anyway.

Cry loved ma demo.. but gowd damn was it annoying to maintain Really Mad

Posted: Oct 3, 2021 at 12:18 Quote
I can guess that main pivot was hard to maintain?

Posted: Oct 3, 2021 at 12:57 Quote
SpecializedDemo8II2008 wrote:
I can guess that main pivot was hard to maintain?

Well that's the thing. It's not that any of it is difficult to fix, it's just time consuming. The annoyance comes from bearing's which the demo is full of for literally EVERYTHING.

For suspension it's great ! but for maintenece it's a chore. Not to mention a lot of the components are proprietary. The BB, rear axle, bolt's etc. For a model that ran for 4 years + it's stupidly difficult to find part's. (2015-2019).

They are great bikes and easily the best looking frame ever made. But not fun to work on. Beer

Posted: Oct 6, 2021 at 9:44 Quote
All you need...main bb bearing ordered on Aliexpres from china

Posted: Oct 10, 2021 at 5:16 Quote
Hi,
First time poster in this thread.
Bought my Demo used in late 2019 so 2 seasons old at the time. Love the its stunning looks and feels just right.

For next season I'm doing a full rebuild of it. Everything will be new: paint, all the nuts and bolts, bearings etc. So I have some questions before buying all the parts.

Looking for a full fact sheet of all the hardware needed since I'm replacing it all.

Does anyone Cane Creek headset and bottom bracket on there Demo or does only Specialized fit?

Looking to get Rotor R-Hawks cranks with DH Spindle but will fit?

Seat clamp is a odd 36.9mm, is 36.4mm doable or not?

Posted: Oct 10, 2021 at 11:22 Quote
You can use any ZS49 headset on the Demo's 1.5 headtube like Cane Creek,Hope,CK etc

As far as Bottom Bracket goes the Demo has a BB30, you could buy SRAM BB30 to BSA conversion kit to use any BSA cups from all the brands.

I don't use a Bottom Bracket on my 2015 S-Works Demo to make it work with DH cranks, i don't know if the Rotor cranks will fit but you could check how long the spindle is & compare it with a Race Face DH spindle length of their SIXC cranks.

Posted: Oct 14, 2021 at 15:36 Quote
Lot of changes since last post
going single speed soon and waiting on red chromag finishing kit. Might go ext arma at start of next year, really in love with this bike so far.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 14:17 Quote
2017 demo 8 carbon rear roval hub! 12x135 t.a. is it a hg driver or a xd? i thought it is a hg.

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 9:41 Quote
wrenchman117 wrote:
2017 demo 8 carbon rear roval hub! 12x135 t.a. is it a hg driver or a xd? i thought it is a hg.
My understanding was xd was just for 12 speed. 2017 demo 8 carbon was 7 speed wasn't it? Or 10 speed maybe? I would also guess hg. My 2017 demo is aluminum so I'm not sure how yours was specd, but my roval hub was hg.

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 12:21 Quote
mmoon wrote:
wrenchman117 wrote:
My understanding was xd was just for 12 speed. 2017 demo 8 carbon was 7 speed wasn't it? Or 10 speed maybe? I would also guess hg. My 2017 demo is aluminum so I'm not sure how yours was specd, but my roval hub was hg.
Yes! 7 speed hg driver. I have it for sale on here and I posted it as a xd.

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 13:10 Quote
XD isn't just for 12 speed. It also allows you to go down to a 10t cog, which you can't do on an HG.

mmoon wrote:
wrenchman117 wrote:

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007533
Mobile Version of Website