Specialized demo owners club

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized demo owners club
Posted: May 9, 2022 at 17:06 Quote
motardnoob wrote:
[

@ ^ and anyone else interested in the progressive link. I have family in North America who can send these over - I was going to get one for myself, but if others are interested I could get a few sent over and then ship them onwards to you guys in Europe? Would only charge cost of the item, shipping, then maybe 10% on top. Let me know if interested

10% seems fair, can they set up ebay? i will PM You.. cheers

Posted: May 11, 2022 at 16:24 Quote
kolja wrote:

Yay! Finally acquired the progressive link! Quite difficult to get one in Australia, to say the least.

Interestingly all four bearings in the link that mount to the seat stays are all gritty and notchy!
Seems strange to be replacing bearings on a new part, but lucky its an easy spot to swap them.

anybody know the exact weight for the progressive link?

thanks

Posted: May 11, 2022 at 16:57 Quote
bismojo wrote:
kolja wrote:

Yay! Finally acquired the progressive link! Quite difficult to get one in Australia, to say the least.

Interestingly all four bearings in the link that mount to the seat stays are all gritty and notchy!
Seems strange to be replacing bearings on a new part, but lucky its an easy spot to swap them.

thanks
weight should be on box or in paperwork i thought?
get ready for a whole different way of riding! that link is planted! i had to fine tune my dhx2 to that link set-up.

Posted: May 22, 2022 at 13:49 Quote
wrenchman117 wrote:
bismojo wrote:
kolja wrote:

thanks
get ready for a whole different way of riding! that link is planted! i had to fine tune my dhx2 to that link set-up.
Silly question but did you have to change spring at all? Have just ordered mine from the US, now eagerly awaiting it to arrive. Intrigued to see how it handles with the Ohlins!

Posted: May 23, 2022 at 13:18 Quote
motardnoob wrote:
wrenchman117 wrote:
bismojo wrote:

thanks
Silly question but did you have to change spring at all? Have just ordered mine from the US, now eagerly awaiting it to arrive. Intrigued to see how it handles with the Ohlins!

Not necessarily imo. It depends on how happy you´ve been before. I dind´t change my spring after the conversion to the new link but it´s still a linear curve.

Posted: May 23, 2022 at 13:18 Quote
honi wrote:
New Dorado...tup

Posted: May 23, 2022 at 16:54 Quote
dh-corn wrote:
motardnoob wrote:
wrenchman117 wrote:

I just went with a fox dhx2 & spring.it did take me like 5-6 different springs to get the poundage spring correct for my weight and riding style,185 pound rider kitted. I ended up with 3 springs. 450 for plush/475 for medium/500 for firm riding mostly park/flowy.But some chunky DH trails.Manufacturer shouldn't make a diffy in springs.Poundage is poundage.But then again,I have the DHX2 set-up.
hope that helps!? Maybe someone will chime in if they have the ohlins with the progressive link? Enjoy!

Not necessarily imo. It depends on how happy you´ve been before. I dind´t change my spring after the conversion to the new link but it´s still a linear curve.

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 1:11 Quote
dh-corn wrote:
motardnoob wrote:
wrenchman117 wrote:

Cool okay - I find it hard to tell if I'm bottoming out my spring that's all.
I get a clunk from the shock whenever it returns to its normal position after a compression, wonder how common this is? I assume it's could be returning too fast, or maybe an unavoidable noise? Bushings seem fine.

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 10:36 Quote
So i'm almost done building my S-Works, need to shorten my brake lines & mount my gears on like shifter & rear mech. Got a Fox coil metric shock wanna see how it performs in the bikepark on some DH trails.

Bike in the works S-Works with Metric shock

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 0:50 Quote
Dorado feels nice...

Posted: May 28, 2022 at 12:22 Quote
hello

yeah thats true so nice double D Demo+Dorado

Posted: May 30, 2022 at 0:10 Quote
fantaman wrote:
So i'm almost done building my S-Works, need to shorten my brake lines & mount my gears on like shifter & rear mech. Got a Fox coil metric shock wanna see how it performs in the bikepark on some DH trails.

What is the length of the shock?

Posted: May 30, 2022 at 12:21 Quote
dh-corn wrote:
fantaman wrote:

What is the length of the shock?

Posted: May 30, 2022 at 17:02 Quote
boylagz wrote:
Dorado feels nice...

You hit the new step up on that bad boy. She’s looking real good. I’m currently on the same demo but full ohlins. It’s a like riding on a pillow

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010118
Mobile Version of Website