Specialized demo owners club

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized demo owners club
O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2022 at 12:02 Quote
For those who need the part number for the headset for a 2022 Demo, here you go.

Posted: Jul 12, 2022 at 16:31 Quote
booostin wrote:
Has anyone set up the 2015-2018 asymmetrical demo up in a mullet configuration?

Sort of, I wasn't game enough to try it. Clearance was too tight lol.

If you ran a 29'er fork, the Geo would be significantly compromised in a bad way.

Head angle would be near 61deg, combine that with such a short chainstay, you would simply not have any front end grip.

Bottom bracket would also be quite high, on a bike that works best with ~20% sag. That's up there.

I don't think you can fit anglesets in these, I sold mine as I was sick of cracking them.

Mullet S-works 8
Mullet S-works 8

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2022 at 17:17 Quote
Brasher wrote:
booostin wrote:
Has anyone set up the 2015-2018 asymmetrical demo up in a mullet configuration?

Sort of, I wasn't game enough to try it. Clearance was too tight lol.

If you ran a 29'er fork, the Geo would be significantly compromised in a bad way.

Head angle would be near 61deg, combine that with such a short chainstay, you would simply not have any front end grip.

Bottom bracket would also be quite high, on a bike that works best with ~20% sag. That's up there.

I don't think you can fit anglesets in these, I sold mine as I was sick of cracking them.

Mullet S-works 8
Mullet S-works 8

yeah that looks far too sketchy haha, I was concerned the geo might be completely thrown off with a 29" fork/wheel. full 27.5 it is then!

O+
Posted: Jul 13, 2022 at 20:11 Quote

I just picked this bike up used. I love it so far. Alloy frame is the best. This is my first time using Ohlins suspension. I have set up the fork to the recommended settings(125 PSI main and 225 PSI ramp up) and my HSC/LSC are fully open. I find the fork to be harsh, especially compared to the shock. The shock feels great, but overall the bike has an unbalanced feel with a plush rear end and harsh/stiff fork. I've owned a lot of enduro/DH bikes over the years and this bike gives me arm pump like I've never experienced.

I'm 185lbs(84kg). Anyone care to share their settings? I'm going to drop the lowers and replace fluid/seals when I get the oil.

Posted: Jul 14, 2022 at 8:26 Quote
a-prince wrote:

I just picked this bike up used. I love it so far. Alloy frame is the best. This is my first time using Ohlins suspension. I have set up the fork to the recommended settings(125 PSI main and 225 PSI ramp up) and my HSC/LSC are fully open. I find the fork to be harsh, especially compared to the shock. The shock feels great, but overall the bike has an unbalanced feel with a plush rear end and harsh/stiff fork. I've owned a lot of enduro/DH bikes over the years and this bike gives me arm pump like I've never experienced.

I'm 185lbs(84kg). Anyone care to share their settings? I'm going to drop the lowers and replace fluid/seals when I get the oil.

I was having the same issues with the fork at first. I would recommended going to a heavier spring in the rear. Helped balance the fork and make it feel less harsh.

Also, double check your rear spring recommendations on the Ohlins site.

https://www.ohlins.com/performance-suspension-guide/

Posted: Jul 14, 2022 at 10:51 Quote
2021/22 Demo owners, what are your thoughts on running OCHAIN on this bike?
I don't see a lot of people doing that, was wondering why?

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2022 at 18:46 Quote
J4m3z420 wrote:
a-prince wrote:

I was having the same issues with the fork at first. I would recommended going to a heavier spring in the rear. Helped balance the fork and make it feel less harsh.

Hey thanks for the advice. Spring rate on the shock is what Ohlins recommends. I took out 10 PSI in the main chamber of the the fork and added 2 clicks of compression to the shock. This seemed to help and I'm getting more used to the bike. I'm going to take out 5-10 PSI in the ramp up and I think it will be cherry. Loving the bike. My first 29" DH bike and it's no joke.

Posted: Jul 15, 2022 at 5:36 Quote
a-prince wrote:
J4m3z420 wrote:
a-prince wrote:

Hey thanks for the advice. Spring rate on the shock is what Ohlins recommends. I took out 10 PSI in the main chamber of the the fork and added 2 clicks of compression to the shock. This seemed to help and I'm getting more used to the bike. I'm going to take out 5-10 PSI in the ramp up and I think it will be cherry. Loving the bike. My first 29" DH bike and it's no joke.

She wants to go fast. The faster you go the better it will feel.

Posted: Jul 16, 2022 at 13:32 Quote
Will the Ohlins TTX 22m MTB 1415 fit a 2019 or do I need the SBCS 1815 or even MTB 1493.
Wanna be sure I have bought the right one. Got the MTB 1415 but need mounting hardwear, does someone know what I need?

Posted: Jul 18, 2022 at 22:13 Quote
JrOz81 wrote:
Hey guys, Just got a 2022 Demo Race.

Question There is no Base Ohlin's Shock and fork settings like fox does?

The setup on the site just gives spring rate?

No Clicks etc

What gives ??

Thanks

Look up the mondraker dh bike settings. I just did the same thing for my new capra that cane with ohlins and got my base setup from their enduro version

Posted: Jul 18, 2022 at 22:39 Quote
Anyone know if we can run 220mm rotors on the rear of the 2016-2019 demos?

Posted: Jul 18, 2022 at 23:53 Quote
jz310 wrote:

Not possible.

Posted: Jul 19, 2022 at 0:48 Quote
dh-corn wrote:
jz310 wrote:

Not possible.

What do mean not possible,on my 2015 i can fit a 220mm on the rear( tried it and disc did not hit the frame)

Posted: Aug 1, 2022 at 1:59 Quote
Just trying to get that massive main pivot bearing out of my 2017 demo, anyone know what extractors and installers I could use because I am totally lost,
Thanks

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 1:19 Quote
machow6 wrote:
Just trying to get that massive main pivot bearing out of my 2017 demo, anyone know what extractors and installers I could use because I am totally lost,
Thanks

I've done mine in the last 6 months and can't remember exactly how I did it sorry - if you use enough sockets to fill the width of it then it should be possible to drive out? Saves buying extra tools

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023432
Mobile Version of Website