Specialized demo owners club

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized demo owners club
Author Message
Posted: Aug 3, 2022 at 14:47 Quote
I'm Demo 8 king form Poland Big Grin Weight:15,8kg

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 22:14 Quote
machow6 wrote:
Just trying to get that massive main pivot bearing out of my 2017 demo, anyone know what extractors and installers I could use because I am totally lost,
Thanks

You need the tool to loosen it shown a few pages back. Demo main bottom bracket removal tool. Everything basically threads out if not, a little love tap would do

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 9:41 Quote
Hey all, Has anybody thrown a 12 speed drivetrain on their demo, I'm looking at it and wondering if I couldn't throw a wide range drive train on and maybe an axs dropper and have the demo as a pedalable DH bike. If anybody has done this, let me know please. or if there is a reason it won't work.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 9:48 Quote
Daray wrote:
Hey all, Has anybody thrown a 12 speed drivetrain on their demo, I'm looking at it and wondering if I couldn't throw a wide range drive train on and maybe an axs dropper and have the demo as a pedalable DH bike. If anybody has done this, let me know please. or if there is a reason it won't work.

Possible…but senseless!

Go for the Enduro then.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 14:18 Quote
Daray wrote:
Hey all, Has anybody thrown a 12 speed drivetrain on their demo, I'm looking at it and wondering if I couldn't throw a wide range drive train on and maybe an axs dropper and have the demo as a pedalable DH bike. If anybody has done this, let me know please. or if there is a reason it won't work.

If you want a pedalable DH bike just buy an Specialized Enduro,throw a cascade link with 200mm travel and dual crown fork and you have a DH bike with dropper & wide range 12s drivetrain that you can pedal up the mountain.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 16:43 Quote
the cassette will physically fit but I think the chain would rub on the stays.

Also the demo has a stupid slack seat angle (74deg) then once sagged and the seat at full height, you would be sitting on top of the rear axle. It would suck.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 20:29 Quote
Brasher wrote:
the cassette will physically fit but I think the chain would rub on the stays.

Also the demo has a stupid slack seat angle (74deg) then once sagged and the seat at full height, you would be sitting on top of the rear axle. It would suck.
It's possible, you can buy this one up right now https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3392360/

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 22:33 Quote
Thinking about picking up the 2021 demo race frame in the gloss / brushed red. It has some decent paint chips on it though, has anyone figured out a good nail polish / touch up paint for that frame? Thanks

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 13:28 Quote
Hey guys I’m considering buying a new demo and I was wondering if I could put a single crown fork on it

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 15:15 Quote
SR-DES415 wrote:
Hey guys I’m considering buying a new demo and I was wondering if I could put a single crown fork on it

Headtube likely will cause you troubles. You’d need an internal upper and exterior lower to accommodate the non dual crown fork. But also why? They do make the enduro which would basically serve that purpose.

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 10:15 Quote
dh-corn wrote:
jz310 wrote:
Anyone know if we can run 220mm rotors on the rear of the 2016-2019 demos?

Not possible.

What’s the largest front and rear rotors you can go on those year bikes? (2015-2018 )

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 13:56 Quote
Brules wrote:
dh-corn wrote:
jz310 wrote:
Anyone know if we can run 220mm rotors on the rear of the 2016-2019 demos?

Not possible.

What’s the largest front and rear rotors you can go on those year bikes? (2015-2018 )

Unsure about largest but biggest I’ve had is a 200 up front and rear.

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 15:59 Quote
Thanks. Just bought a 2016 and it’s got 180 on the rear. I want to go bigger so my hope 200s should work!

Posted: Aug 20, 2022 at 0:08 Quote
Brules wrote:
Thanks. Just bought a 2016 and it’s got 180 on the rear. I want to go bigger so my hope 200s should work!
I have 203 in the back with a adapter.


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008063
Mobile Version of Website