Specialized demo owners club

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized demo owners club
Author Message
Posted: Aug 20, 2022 at 17:08 Quote
Thought I did this in the past.? Sorry. what's the rider size for demo 8 2016? XL? 6 foot and above?

Posted: Aug 20, 2022 at 21:25 Quote
I think it's 460 reach, so around 5'10 and up.

Posted: Aug 20, 2022 at 22:49 Quote
wrenchman117 wrote:
Thought I did this in the past.? Sorry. what's the rider size for demo 8 2016? XL? 6 foot and above?

You shouldn‘t be taller then 6.1. I am 6.1 and ride an XL with a reach adjust stem spacer and it fits perfect, but it should not be smaller in any case.

Posted: Aug 21, 2022 at 17:36 Quote
yep I'm 6'1 and had a XL demo, was maybe a little too small for me but at the time that was a big DH bike. I now ride a bike with 505mm reach and a few spacers under the stem (maybe a 495mm effective reach) and that's perfect for me.

Posted: Aug 21, 2022 at 20:24 Quote
dh-corn wrote:
wrenchman117 wrote:
Thought I did this in the past.? Sorry. what's the rider size for demo 8 2016? XL? 6 foot and above?

You shouldn‘t be taller then 6.1. I am 6.1 and ride an XL with a reach adjust stem spacer and it fits perfect, but it should not be smaller in any case.
gotcha!

Posted: Aug 24, 2022 at 12:53 Quote
unsuspected81 wrote:
Brules wrote:
Thanks. Just bought a 2016 and it’s got 180 on the rear. I want to go bigger so my hope 200s should work!
I have 203 in the back with a adapter.

Do you know what stock size rotors that came on the bikes originally is? I’m guessing 200/180?

I have a set of Hope 200 rotors or a set of 203 Shimano Ice Techs I can use. Trying to figure out what adapters I need. Thanks in advance!

Posted: Aug 25, 2022 at 0:23 Quote
Brules wrote:
unsuspected81 wrote:
Brules wrote:
Thanks. Just bought a 2016 and it’s got 180 on the rear. I want to go bigger so my hope 200s should work!
I have 203 in the back with a adapter.

Do you know what stock size rotors that came on the bikes originally is? I’m guessing 200/180?

I have a set of Hope 200 rotors or a set of 203 Shimano Ice Techs I can use. Trying to figure out what adapters I need. Thanks in advance!
Yes 200/180 stock size

Posted: Aug 25, 2022 at 11:26 Quote
Hi
This is my first forum in pinkbike. I'm a spanish Co-Factory rider of specialized,and I let you know my Demo
Have a good day!

Posted: Aug 25, 2022 at 12:33 Quote
Killer built nice to see the TRP brakes & Michelin tires.

Posted: Aug 26, 2022 at 3:05 Quote
cristianspe wrote:
Hi
This is my first forum in pinkbike. I'm a spanish Co-Factory rider of specialized,and I let you know my Demo
Have a good day!

Lovely looking rig!! Fantastic spec. Just read the comment on the photo - any idea why that model wasn't sold in Spain? Glad you've managed to get one!

Posted: Sep 7, 2022 at 13:04 Quote
i-squared-r wrote:
I have a new-to-me 2017 demo 8 ii alloy that needs the main pivot bearing. The local bike shop told me that its a difficult job and wont do it for less than $200 to $250 plus parts. Sounds like a rip off. Do it myself? If so, are enduro brand bearings good? https://www.ebay.com/itm/151703746662
First time i got bike shop to do as was well seized up,but next time,every night for a week layed bike down and applied drops of release lubricant,came off really easy,but tool was on my bike,had to take off and turn round to use,its an alloy i think as is the bearing case so cant really be heavy handed,i ground edges off an old long allen key to fit thru holes and put an open ended spanner on end to use as a lever

Posted: Sep 26, 2022 at 18:09 Quote
Hi all, first off I have a 2020 demo expert. I got a bomber cr rear shock as a cheap slight upgrade, but it appears that the shock eyelet body hits the linkage before it fully lines up to put the bolt through. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if this shock simply won’t fit these frames.

Posted: Sep 27, 2022 at 5:18 Quote
jdouma wrote:
Hi all, first off I have a 2020 demo expert. I got a bomber cr rear shock as a cheap slight upgrade, but it appears that the shock eyelet body hits the linkage before it fully lines up to put the bolt through. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if this shock simply won’t fit these frames.

Do you have a picture?

Posted: Sep 27, 2022 at 5:21 Quote
To all: I'm out of here Cry I´ve sold my demo, my absolute dream bike, unfortunately sold. A leasing bike action of my company makes it possible to get a high spec Propain Spindrift and in the future there is only one bike instead of two as before (Demo and Jeffsy).

But I will still always look over Smile


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020133
Mobile Version of Website