Specialized demo owners club

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized demo owners club
Posted: Feb 11, 2023 at 4:29 Quote
thinking about getting a 2023 demo frame, how's the maintenance on those bikes ? I think there's like 20 bearings in there, seems scary maintenance wise

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2023 at 7:34 Quote
I own a 2022 Demo Race and the bearings have been holding up really well. I do wash mine after every day of riding and blow out the bearings post wash with compressed air so your cleaning habits do come into play. Just like any other bike, if you ride it consistently dirty, bearings tend to fail faster. I love the bike though!

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2023 at 9:31 Quote
Reach adjust headset?

Anyone fitted a reach adjust headset to a demo? I have a 2018 demo alloy and would like to do so. Also, am I right in thinking the headset type is ZS49??

Thank you

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2023 at 14:21 Quote
Charlotroy wrote:
thinking about getting a 2023 demo frame, how's the maintenance on those bikes ? I think there's like 20 bearings in there, seems scary maintenance wise
The Worse! bike shops hate when you roll a newer style demo in there asking for a bearing service hahah there's like 170 pieces total in the linkage

Posted: Feb 14, 2023 at 12:15 Quote
steel4real wrote:
Reach adjust headset?

Anyone fitted a reach adjust headset to a demo? I have a 2018 demo alloy and would like to do so. Also, am I right in thinking the headset type is ZS49??

Thank you

Was thinking about it but it just dont work. You just slacken the HTA and lift the BB but the reach is the same.

Similar discussion here:
https://www.mtbr.com/threads/reach-adjust-headset-do-i-have-this-math-right.1183888/

Posted: Mar 16, 2023 at 16:44 Quote
2016 demo carbon. On the shock. There are nylon spacers between eyelet and frame. Anyone have a size on them? And is it common for there to be play in that area? Thanks. Also. Anyone ever swap over to an air shock? If so. What?

Posted: May 15, 2023 at 8:13 Quote
steel4real wrote:
Reach adjust headset?

Thank you

I had a reach adjust in mine and it made a huge difference being the fact I'm 6'5" and Demo's come up short. Check https://www.workscomponents.co.uk/reach-adjust-headsets-21-c.asp. Quality is very high and the prices are very reasonable.

And yes, believe ZS49 is correct.

Posted: Jun 7, 2023 at 23:54 Quote
Anyone know the correct bearings for a Demo headset please ? Mine is a 2023 but apparently it's the same from 19>

SKU S212500008 HDS COMPLETE, ZS49/28.6MM TOP, ZS49/30MM BOTTOM, 15MM DEEP CUPS, 46MM TOP COVER, W/ SPLIT CROWN RACE FOR 1-1/8" STRAIGHT STEERER

Description of headset is this, but i'd just like a couple of spare bearings. Bike doesn't arrive for another 77 days yet Big Grin

Posted: Jun 10, 2023 at 16:13 Quote
Anyone have issues with Ohlins fork seals leaking? I can get 6-8 park days before my seals start leaking on my DH38. Might be a good thing because it forces me to service my fork, but I have never owned a fork that starting leaking so quickly. Mostly riding in dry, dusty conditions.

Posted: Jun 14, 2023 at 14:07 Quote
a-prince wrote:
Anyone have issues with Ohlins fork seals leaking? I can get 6-8 park days before my seals start leaking on my DH38. Might be a good thing because it forces me to service my fork, but I have never owned a fork that starting leaking so quickly. Mostly riding in dry, dusty conditions.

Sounds like too much oil in the lowers.
Never seen that on the DH38's.

Posted: Jun 25, 2023 at 13:36 Quote
Looking for some help hoping this is the place. Recently purchased a 2016/2017 bare frame demo 8 carbon (not 100 percent sure on the year but it’s like green and black) I’m currently building up from nothing so no parts to reference. Anyway long story short Iv got everything I need to finish it, other than cranks. I know it’s bb30, and I believe 83mm wide BB so my question is does anybody know what cranks will definitely fit as I purchased a set of e.13 cranks that have a 30mm axle and we’re listed as 83mm but the landings for the bearings are too wide for the frame? so don’t want to make the same mistake again just want a set of cranks to buy that will fit. For reference the e13 cranks axle was 135mm from sprocket to end and the space between the bearing landings was 86mm

Posted: Jul 11, 2023 at 11:42 Quote
How to I determine if the shock coil is adequate for my weight (250lbs)?

Posted: Jul 11, 2023 at 22:54 Quote
dustinhorton wrote:
How to I determine if the shock coil is adequate for my weight (250lbs)?

Measure your sag.

Posted: Jul 18, 2023 at 1:46 Quote
Hi there!
I have a sizing question on the latest Demos: I used to have a "M" 2014 Demo, with a 430mm reach, and was perfect on it with a 45mm stem; my lbs tells me I should go for a S3 Demo (I'm 5'8" / 172cm), but having looked at the reach (446mm) I'm afraid it will be too long for my liking... It seems that with a 50mm stem on the new Demo S2 size, that should fit perfectly...
What are your thoughts?
Cheers!

Posted: Jul 19, 2023 at 9:52 Quote
I would say your LBS is probably right.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014277
Mobile Version of Website