Specialized demo owners club

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized demo owners club
Posted: Jul 20, 2018 at 13:54 Quote
I would go ahead with trying the mech hanger 1st, if its bent out of line it will always be trying to be between two gears

Posted: Jul 22, 2018 at 6:47 Quote
Hello i have a big preblem. On my specialized demo 8 2017 alloy the rear derailleur is hitting the carbon part of the top chain stay. I replaced my old sram gx short cage derailleur for the exact same but new one (because the old one was all scratched up and a bit bend) and i thought it would fix it cuz the old one was in a bad state but it didnt. I put a tough frame protector to keep the frame safe from any further damage but it is still noisey and it is damaging the new derailleur like it damaged the previous one. Does anybody know how to fix that? I would really appreciate some help

thank you

Posted: Jul 22, 2018 at 7:53 Quote
Svetec wrote:
Hello i have a big preblem. On my specialized demo 8 2017 alloy the rear derailleur is hitting the carbon part of the top chain stay. I replaced my old sram gx short cage derailleur for the exact same but new one (because the old one was all scratched up and a bit bend) and i thought it would fix it cuz the old one was in a bad state but it didnt. I put a tough frame protector to keep the frame safe from any further damage but it is still noisey and it is damaging the new derailleur like it damaged the previous one. Does anybody know how to fix that? I would really appreciate some help

thank you

Adjust the "B Set" screw?

Posted: Jul 22, 2018 at 21:56 Quote
I just noticed that i think the derauiller isnt hitting the frame(that is just extending and snapping back to its place, still noisey tho) but there is a big paint chip where it would be hitting. So i dont know what is hitting or what was hitting my frame. The paint chip looks like it is from smaller repeated hits.

Posted: Jul 25, 2018 at 15:25 Quote
hey guys!
i want to sell my fr570 wheel which was supposed for my demo 8 2014, 26 inch.
does anyone know the measurements of the axle (breadth)?
thanks

Posted: Jul 25, 2018 at 18:59 Quote
Demo8AUT wrote:
hey guys!
thanks
12 x 150

Posted: Jul 28, 2018 at 14:08 Quote
adkrider wrote:
Demo8AUT wrote:
hey guys!
thanks
12 x 150

thank you!

Posted: Jul 31, 2018 at 14:24 Quote
I installed a progressive link for the frames of the demo 8 2015-2018 carbon. The manufacturer's website specifies that the link is suitable for carbon frames. I have an aluminum frame in 2017. Frames of aluminum and carbon from 2015 to 2018 are identical to the back of the triangle, the link suspension used in the same type of geometry. I installed a progressive link on the aluminum frame. The only problem is the adjustment rebound of the lights out interferes with the installation. Its distance between the link is very small, if you rotate the mount by 180 degrees, then you need to remove the curtain of rebound. This is the only problem. I measured the geometry of the bicycle, before and after the link change. The height of the bb and the angle of the helmsman are identical. Actually, if the frames carbon and aluminum use the same standard link for this there is no worrier. Does the manufacturer want to sell an expensive version of a carbon bicycle? who dealt with the answer!

Posted: Jul 31, 2018 at 18:16 Quote
Hey iv got the 2017 demo 8 and iv been saving up for a new rear shock I want to go down the option of an air shock but I don’t wanna buy the shock and find it doesn’t fit. Has anyone fitted a fox float x2? I read that someone had to file it down a bit on the yolk but that was on a 2014 demo. So anyone have any ideas if it’ll work? Cheers

Posted: Jul 31, 2018 at 19:28 Quote
cormac-james wrote:
Hey iv got the 2017 demo 8 and iv been saving up for a new rear shock I want to go down the option of an air shock but I don’t wanna buy the shock and find it doesn’t fit. Has anyone fitted a fox float x2? I read that someone had to file it down a bit on the yolk but that was on a 2014 demo. So anyone have any ideas if it’ll work? Cheers

I currently I have a 2016 demo with a 2017 float X2. Works fine. Nothing to worry about. Just make sure the shock is a 9.5"-3.0 and you should be good. Just look at my profile. You can see the photos I have.

Posted: Aug 1, 2018 at 6:01 Quote
littleman22 wrote:
cormac-james wrote:

I currently I have a 2016 demo with a 2017 float X2. Works fine. Nothing to worry about. Just make sure the shock is a 9.5"-3.0 and you should be good. Just look at my profile. You can see the photos I have.
Cheers mate, bike looks mint with the float definitely gonna get it.

Posted: Aug 9, 2018 at 14:12 Quote
Anyone have a large in the light blue and red color combo for sale?? I have $$ ready.

Posted: Aug 9, 2018 at 14:13 Quote
Bombtech wrote:
Anyone have a large in the light blue and red color combo for sale?? I have $$ ready.

What size are you?

Posted: Aug 9, 2018 at 15:21 Quote
patch92 wrote:
Bombtech wrote:

What size are you?

Im 6 2” so a large

Posted: Aug 9, 2018 at 16:13 Quote
6'2 go XL, XL only has a 460 reach.

But an L wouldn't be the end of the world.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.025326
Mobile Version of Website