Specialized demo owners club

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized demo owners club
Posted: Feb 2, 2019 at 7:01 Quote
Brasher wrote:
patch92 wrote:
Anyone here have the 17' demo in light blue color with upgraded wheels / hubs that are not black. looking to get some ideas on what color hubs i want to run, and can't really picture what red or blue hubs would look like. lol.

I have the 18 S-works but black wheels, went with polished Hope hubs and I think it came out pretty cool looking.

I would do anything for that frame.

Posted: Feb 2, 2019 at 8:34 Quote
What is more important (imo) is to use the 7sp Hope DH hub (to build a stronger wheel) helps compensate for the 135mm spacing.

Much better than using the 10/11sp hub.

Posted: Feb 2, 2019 at 16:55 Quote
adkrider wrote:
What is more important (imo) is to use the 7sp Hope DH hub (to build a stronger wheel) helps compensate for the 135mm spacing.

Yeah I’m building a hope wheel. Pro 4 hub and hope hoops. Just not sure if I want a blue hub or black hub.

Posted: Feb 3, 2019 at 13:38 Quote
adkrider wrote:

Correct, was a pain to get that hub. Had to wait a long time as there were none in Australia.

Posted: Feb 3, 2019 at 15:06 Quote
patch92 wrote:
adkrider wrote:

Yeah I’m building a hope wheel. Pro 4 hub and hope hoops. Just not sure if I want a blue hub or black hub.

Point is, the Pro 4 hub is the 10/11 speed hub.
The Hope Pro 4 DH hub is the 7sp.

Posted: Feb 3, 2019 at 15:24 Quote
adkrider wrote:
patch92 wrote:
adkrider wrote:

Point is, the Pro 4 hub is the 10/11 speed hub.
The Hope Pro 4 DH hub is the 7sp.

Yup. Ordered a blue pro 4 DH 7spd hub laced to hope hoops this morning.

Posted: Feb 5, 2019 at 17:04 Quote
I am looking to purchase a fox dhx2 for my demo 8. fox rep. specified I should start with a 350 or a 375 spring. I do not have the shock yet to check my sag% or other adjustments.just wanted to purchase a shock with a good starting coil? are there other riders here that weigh around 185/190 running a dhx2? and what is your starting coil rate? am gonna be riding bike park/jumps,berms and some dh racing.what is an all around spring? also,would I need different installation hardware going from ohlins to fox? thanks

Posted: Feb 5, 2019 at 18:03 Quote
you will no doubt need fox hardware , I have had a DHX2 and a Van RC and currently have the Ohlins . Both fox shocks have the same hardware. I weigh 180lbs and use a 457lb spring , my sag is real close to 30 percent . I used a 450 lb spring on the Fox stuff . I believe you will likely bottom out pretty bad with much less

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 16:19 Quote
I'm still having trouble with the ohlins shock hardware (specifically the upper)

these stupid o-rings don't do anything, the shock after half a run goes to the very right and the eyelet starts hitting the frame. Tried new hardware and same issue. Is it a install or alignment issue? At my wits end with it.

see pictures for what I mean

https://imgur.com/QvyHPuT

https://imgur.com/ja7iQ53

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 22:57 Quote
Is the upper eyelet bush so worn the shock is sliding sideways? I can't even force mine to do that.

Or maybe some this is not inline in the rear end ?

Is this a new frame ?

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 13:34 Quote
bigburd wrote:
Is the upper eyelet bush so worn the shock is sliding sideways? I can't even force mine to do that.

Is this a new frame ?

Brand new 18 S-works frame so that should be fine.

It could be the bushing actually, I didn't replace that bit. Maybe it's worn enough that it doesn't grip the O-rings.

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 13:55 Quote
Brasher wrote:
bigburd wrote:

Is this a new frame ?

Brand new 18 S-works frame so that should be fine.

It could be the bushing actually, I didn't replace that bit. Maybe it's worn enough that it doesn't grip the O-rings.

The O rings do not stop the shock from going sideways, they are just there to stop the metal on metal action of the rose joint while it twists.

As the bike brand new I'd be surprised if the bush was worn, most likely under sized from factory I'd guess, have you been in contact with specialized or the shop you bought it from ?

Also make sure the bearing is sitting central in the eyelet, if you haven't already.

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 17:57 Quote
hey guys! need help with a fox dhx2 please! looking to purchase a new fox dhx2 from an outside party.they specify they bought it new to install on a canyon sender. , and it was never installed and bike was sold.they say it is a 9.5 x 3.0! would I be cool to purchase and just install on my demo 8? what to look for? thanks!

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 18:46 Quote
snoborder wrote:
hey guys! need help with a fox dhx2 please! looking to purchase a new fox dhx2 from an outside party.they specify they bought it new to install on a canyon sender. , and it was never installed and bike was sold.they say it is a 9.5 x 3.0! would I be cool to purchase and just install on my demo 8? what to look for? thanks!

If its a brand new shock ask for the shock ID code. Then type that code into fox suspension website. it will give you ever spec of that shocks ID code and the year it was built. http://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 19:36 Quote
littleman22 wrote:
snoborder wrote:

If its a brand new shock ask for the shock ID code. Then type that code into fox suspension website. it will give you ever spec of that shocks ID code and the year it was built. http://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike

nice! thanks for the info.! he specifies he got it on a trade at a bike shop.!? am just being skeptical about the purchase! it does look new from pictures being sent to me.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019550
Mobile Version of Website