Specialized demo owners club

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized demo owners club
Author Message
Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 11:35 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
Hey guys. I’ve just sold my 2013 s-works demo and I’m looking to get a 2016 to replace it but I’m worried about the suspension being too linear. I’m not going to use the bike much for proper dh tracks, more for jumps and big stuff. I’m about 80kg kitted up and the bike I’m looking at comes with the higher 400lb springs. (Can’t rememver exactly what they are) 450ish and483 maybe? Anyway. Does anywhere here ride faster tracks with big hits? How are you finding the suspension?
I ran my 13 s works with air suss front and rear and rammed them with spacers to make them ramp up enough for large jumps.

I ride a 2017 Demo in Whistler every weekend and cost gravity park on occasion. I’m comfortable on Crabapple Hits and Coastal Cruise and Flight Deck with a 550lb spring on the back. I weigh 84kg. That being said, I usually ride tech. I might be on air if I was only riding jumps.

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 12:19 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
Hey guys. I’ve just sold my 2013 s-works demo and I’m looking to get a 2016 to replace it but I’m worried about the suspension being too linear. I’m not going to use the bike much for proper dh tracks, more for jumps and big stuff. I’m about 80kg kitted up and the bike I’m looking at comes with the higher 400lb springs. (Can’t rememver exactly what they are) 450ish and483 maybe? Anyway. Does anywhere here ride faster tracks with big hits? How are you finding the suspension?
I ran my 13 s works with air suss front and rear and rammed them with spacers to make them ramp up enough for large jumps.

I’m about 85kg and I run the 488 spring. On a 2017 demo. The rear end is quite linear. They offer a progressive link that can be swapped with ease, which will make the bike more progressive obviously.
On a 488 spring with the standard link, I can say I bottom fairly frequently off larger drops and hard hits. For this reason I’ll be getting a progressive link (don’t want to just up the cool weight as I like the sag and rebound damping with the 488 coil). Just need a little more progressiveness. Which the new link will do.

But yes, it will probably feel quite linear compared to what you’re used to.

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 12:43 Quote
Thanks guys! That’s the sort of thing but the uk versions. I don’t mind running very little sag so maybe a 500lbs ish spring would be ok. I have researched the progressive link abit but was put off because it’s heavier and obviously adds to the overall cost.

I’m torn between the demo and a gambler but I think the demo is looking more promising

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 21:47 Quote
you can buy the progessive link pretty cheap from eu shops.

I haven't done it yet but plan too.

The bike is super linear but never seems to bottom out harsh.

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 7:47 Quote
2017 XL Aluminum Demo, 18.3kg:

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 12:15 Quote
Looks great man, got any close ups of the graphics ?

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 13:22 Quote
Love the camo look MMOON, I got a little galaxy on mine.



Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 14:08 Quote
phuley94 wrote:
Love the camo look MMOON, I got a little galaxy on mine.



Dannnnnnnggggggg. That’s sick. How much does it cost to have a custom job like that?

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 16:53 Quote
This guy did it for me for $200, @customdeeks on Instagram

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 17:12 Quote
phuley94 wrote:
This guy did it for me for $200, @customdeeks on Instagram
does he have a website outside of Instagram?

Posted: Mar 16, 2019 at 4:06 Quote
Killrockstar wrote:
you can buy the progessive link pretty cheap from eu shops.

I haven't done it yet but plan too.

The bike is super linear but never seems to bottom out harsh.

Yea I’ve seen. Can uk shops not get it? Was going to go to my lbs this weekend and see what their price for it was

Posted: Mar 16, 2019 at 9:00 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
Killrockstar wrote:
you can buy the progessive link pretty cheap from eu shops.

I haven't done it yet but plan too.

The bike is super linear but never seems to bottom out harsh.

Yea I’ve seen. Can uk shops not get it? Was going to go to my lbs this weekend and see what their price for it was

Pretty sure I got quoted 240 quid when I asked last year.

Posted: Mar 16, 2019 at 11:04 Quote
phuley94 wrote:
This guy did it for me for $200, @customdeeks on Instagram

Is it a wrap or a full blown sand and paint job?

Posted: Mar 16, 2019 at 11:37 Quote
[Quote="bigburd"]
bikerboywill wrote:
Killrockstar wrote:
you can buy the progessive link pretty cheap from eu shops.

I haven't done it yet but plan too.

The bike is super linear but never seems to bottom out harsh.

Yea I’ve seen. Can uk shops not get it? Was going to go to my lbs this weekend and see what their price for it was

Pretty sure I got quoted 240 quid when I asked last year.[/
240 euro.or usd?

Posted: Mar 16, 2019 at 11:43 Quote
patch92 wrote:
phuley94 wrote:
This guy did it for me for $200, @customdeeks on Instagram

Is it a wrap or a full blown sand and paint job?

I believe they are peel and slap wrap.kind of like a sticker.but vinyl.(pretty cool)
check it:::
.https://youtu.be/jW5ox-1dXlM


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017961
Mobile Version of Website