Specialized demo owners club

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized demo owners club
Posted: Mar 24, 2019 at 14:32 Quote
Brasher wrote:
Definately go XL. I’m 6’1 and wish there was one size bigger sometimes
Cheers mate

Posted: Mar 24, 2019 at 15:26 Quote
Same height as you and I’m happy on an XL.
The L has a shorter reach than my 2015 size L enduro bike. I wanted to DH to feel a bit longer so I went for XL and am glad I did.

Posted: Mar 24, 2019 at 15:31 Quote
mmoon wrote:
The L has a shorter reach than my 2015 size L enduro bike. I wanted to DH to feel a bit longer so I went for XL and am glad I did.

Great thanks for the advice

Posted: Mar 24, 2019 at 16:18 Quote
griz23 wrote:
mmoon wrote:

Yup... same as everyone has said. I’d say XL.

I’m 6ft and I have a large. It’s a bit short. I love it, but could totally use an XL

Posted: Mar 24, 2019 at 16:19 Quote
patch92 wrote:
griz23 wrote:
mmoon wrote:

Yup... same as everyone has said. I’d say XL.

I’m 6ft and I have a large. It’s a bit short. I love it, but could totally use an XL

Thanks for all the advice really appreciated

Posted: Mar 24, 2019 at 18:10 Quote
test ride, thats the best option!

Posted: Mar 24, 2019 at 23:01 Quote
Demo8AUT wrote:
I am 5.9 (or 1,80m) and just got myself a Large.

Used to ride M but it was way to small for me, my upper body was way to far in the front.
Haven't ridden my Large bike yet, but even standing on the bike feels way better - also Specialized recommend Large to me.

As you are a little taller, I'd say that XL makes sense.
Thanks

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 at 8:10 Quote
frame size is such a personal thing , 5 foot 8 size xl ,cant imagine constraining myself to a large

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 at 8:21 Quote
chickendog wrote:
frame size is such a personal thing , 5 foot 8 size xl ,cant imagine constraining myself to a large

And here i am 5'10" on a medium haha. As you said, all preference

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 at 8:26 Quote
Think I'm going to go with a large as I've been looking at geometry specs and comparing them with my last bike trek session 9.9 and theirs only 20mm difference in the reach between a L and Xl demo.
But thanks all the help

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 at 9:02 Quote
griz23 wrote:
Think I'm going to go with a large as I've been looking at geometry specs and comparing them with my last bike trek session 9.9 and theirs only 20mm difference in the reach between a L and Xl demo.
But thanks all the help

yeah go with what your used to. I like the shorter bike. Makes it feel more poppy and playful.

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 at 12:40 Quote
I feel like frame sizing on the Demo is such a hard thing to nail. Go try and stand over a couple different sizes if you can, but I think that the sizing on the Demo is smaller compared to other frames of the same size. I am 5 foot 8 inches and I am riding a L.

Also if your in-between sizing like I am - things such as bar rise, spacers between headset and frame, length of headset reach can really dial in your cockpit and make a L bike fit M or a M bike fit L.

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 at 14:47 Quote
Still undersided on the size I've tried all the local retailers to me and no one has any demo's for to check size.
Think I'm going to go with everyone's advise and go with a XL contrary to my last comment

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 at 17:40 Quote
hey guys! what is this? every bike shop cannot explain to me. everyone say's it is to protect the rear deraillur.

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 8:06 Quote
Not quite as clean as the others on here. But happy with how it turned out for my first time. I’ll probably pull it all off and re do it at the end of the season. Also, for anyone thinking about doing this, it may rip your paint. It pulled off a good chunk of my red paint after I heat gunned it on and decided to pull off. Pretty pissed about it... just gotta keep it wrapped now. Lol.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025151
Mobile Version of Website