Specialized demo owners club
Posted: Jun 3, 2017 at 6:13 Quote
BombShellBike wrote:
photo

Finished up my build.
And now have one question...
I went with E*Thirteen chain guide
And I have a race face narrow wide
Do I need the lower roller? That holds up the chain from the bottom. Sorry for bad crank position in the photo
Any benefit with or with out it?

I see pictures and some run it and some don't.

Gorgeous Demo! Also I see a lot of people running only the top guide.

Posted: Jun 4, 2017 at 1:56 Quote
Captain65 wrote:
Guys
I see you all talking about Coil spring lengths
I bought a new Coil from a shop and it was a lot shorter than the oringinal. Actually I will have to use a spring compressor to take the original off as there is no room to remove the retainer even when the Coil is full unwound
FYI
The original was 18060 x75
The new one 18055 x70

Any thoughts, do I have the correct 2017 spring?

PS 5"10' go the L frame

I am no expert, but the stroke should be 75mm for a demo. That sounds like a spring for an Enduro and could bind under full travel.

18055 is for this shock > https://www.ohlins.eu/en/products/mountainbike/mtb-1425--6132/

Demo is this one > https://www.ohlins.eu/en/products/mountainbike/mtb-1415--5724/

I have yet to find any info on the 2017 springs other than the pictures. It is not mentioned on the Ohlins website unless they have kept the same part number. I would expect the new spring to still have the stroke listed as 75mm but have thinner/fewer turns to allow less weight and shorter like Fox SLS springs.

Posted: Jun 4, 2017 at 4:35 Quote
The info for the spring is on the Ohlins website although they have changed the wording slightly.

You are right though the stroke should still be the same even though the spring is shorter.

Posted: Jun 4, 2017 at 13:47 Quote
As you say looking closer the quoted overall lengths are now 15-20mm less like for like. Part numbers have remained the same.

O+
Posted: Jun 9, 2017 at 8:40 Quote
after riding the bike a few times now i have found a design flaw. i asked at least 3 other guys and they too have the same problem.

lets see if i can explain this...
on the lower chain stay between the frame and the stay. the clearance there collects rocks. the opening is a little wider. and with the rounded BB area (bottom of frame triangle) it gets tighter. the small rocks would clear all the way threw. but every now and then catch a rock just big enough to sit in there. now imagine that rock sitting there and the suspension flexing. the rock cant clear. and does nothing but ding up and maybe can even damage the carbon frame and chainstay.

here is a picture i found online to show what im talking about.
photo

solutions i have thought of. putting in some kind of foam peace there. so it would not allow the rocks and debris to get caught up in there. have you guys done anything yet?

or know of a good product to use to put in there to keep stuff from getting in there and still keep everything functional

does this make sense??

Posted: Jun 9, 2017 at 8:46 Quote
I get what you are saying post pictures when you can of the dmg.

O+
Posted: Jun 9, 2017 at 9:47 Quote
Killrockstar wrote:
I get what you are saying post pictures when you can of the dmg.

mine just has a few nicks in it. nothing broken "yet". and you may not see it because i had placed 2 peaces of AMS frame protector on there. and it covers most of them. but ill take some pics anyway. the frame protector not helping much there. had it not sat in that little valley it would help. but since the rocks ride in side, they screw up the frame finish and chain stay.

Posted: Jun 9, 2017 at 10:41 Quote
photo

You mean in this bit?

Posted: Jun 9, 2017 at 14:30 Quote
I would try some Moto Foam, for a alternative if you can find coarse fish tank filter sponge it's the same thing but a fraction of the price.

Posted: Jul 13, 2017 at 7:12 Quote
Just rebuilt the big bearing around the bottom bracket for the chain stay!!
Got photos. It's really well thought out.

Posted: Jul 13, 2017 at 12:48 Quote
nice post pics and tutorial in here! Beer

Posted: Jul 16, 2017 at 14:29 Quote
Hello everybody,

I own a 2015 Demo 1 alloy and I am considering upgrading my rear shock.
The current one is a Fox Van RC, which isnt really cutting it for me.
I am pretty lightweight (65kg / 143lbs) ,only ride bikeparks and I am mainly freeride oriented (big jumps/drops etc).

The ones I am currently looking at are:
Ohlins (too downhill oriented?)
Cane Creek Double Barrel
Fox DHX 2 Shock.

Thanks in advance

Posted: Jul 16, 2017 at 21:51 Quote
twan wrote:
Hello everybody,

I own a 2015 Demo 1 alloy and I am considering upgrading my rear shock.
The current one is a Fox Van RC, which isnt really cutting it for me.
I am pretty lightweight (65kg / 143lbs) ,only ride bikeparks and I am mainly freeride oriented (big jumps/drops etc).

The ones I am currently looking at are:
Ohlins (too downhill oriented?)
Cane Creek Double Barrel
Fox DHX 2 Shock.

Thanks in advance
I would go with a rockshox vivid or cage, they are both great shocks, cane creek isn't very good for coils, and fox and ohlins are both very downhill oriented. The rockshox ons are fairly inexpensive and are very robust

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026152
Mobile Version of Website