Specialized demo owners club

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized demo owners club
Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 15:39 Quote
chickendog wrote:
650 sounds like a lot , you must me quite the heavy hitter ,

Im just a big boy I guess lol. At 220lbs with gear I just find the stock springs on the 2017 XL demo are waaay too plush for me. I feel very sluggish sagging that low

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 1:55 Quote
That was me that compressed a cane creek coil to get it to fit the ohlins shock lol

The Fox 650 x 3.19" fits my 9.5 x 3" Fox shock just fine. Plenty of room to spare tup

I too feel like I get through all of the travel a little easily with the 2017 XL demo. I don't have the progressive think though. I will try the 650 spring this weekend before I entertain that idea.

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 21:00 Quote
Got bored so mullet'ed the Demo Smile

I'll do it properly with some 49 Lowers or borrow my buddy's 29 inch world cups. I think it will work well on this bike as the Bottom Bracket is too low in my opinion.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 7:13 Quote
Eek Bleddy heck that looks sick !!

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 8:51 Quote
Brasher wrote:

I'll do it properly with some 49 Lowers or borrow my buddy's 29 inch world cups. I think it will work well on this bike as the Bottom Bracket is too low in my opinion.

Man. I wish i had this frame. IMO, best non custom color scheme of any frame in the universe of all time.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 13:15 Quote
Brasher wrote:

what the specs on the stem and bars? what size is your bike.? anyway! very nice build.!!

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 13:58 Quote
Thanks.

XL frame, renthal 50mm stem with 10mm rise built in and renthal fatbar 40mm rise 800mm wide.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 14:26 Quote
Brasher wrote:
Thanks.

XL frame, renthal 50mm stem with 10mm rise built in and renthal fatbar 40mm rise 800mm wide.
Thanks.Just trying to set-up my 2017 medium for my build. What fatbar's? carbon, carbon lite, alloy? Also,what clamp. 31.8 or 35 mm? What year frame is it. The color scheme is awesome! Sorry for all the questions,just a really nice looking bike. She need's some dirt on her.LOL.Thanks for your time.

Cheers.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 15:08 Quote
Most likely the new demo will be out next month it was supposed to be released in April.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 15:20 Quote
mitchman117 wrote:
Brasher wrote:
Thanks.

Thanks.Just trying to set-up my 2017 medium for my build. What fatbar's? carbon, carbon lite, alloy? Also,what clamp. 31.8 or 35 mm? What year frame is it. The color scheme is awesome! Sorry for all the questions,just a really nice looking bike. She need's some dirt on her.LOL.Thanks for your time.

Cheers.

Alloy fatbar, 35mm clamp.

It's a 2018 S-works with the progressive link. Best colourway I have seen of the demo. I had the 2016 S-works in Raw Carbon and that also looked incredible but this one takes the cake. In the sun it has a glitter effect through the paint, and in some places the paint is purposely very light on tint to show the raw carbon underneath.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 15:22 Quote
adkrider wrote:
Most likely the new demo will be out next month it was supposed to be released in April.

My source is telling me closer to October/November. I will be putting money down for one! Or I'm moving to Commencal.... they are offering a deal almost too good to pass up.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 0:26 Quote
bigquotesOr I'm moving to Commencal

Razz Traitor. In all serious tho, the designs on say tues,commencal,canyon are amazing. Eek

I think the only thing's that really need's changing on the demo is some easy access for internal cable routing or just add the sleave to the alloy version as well along with a harder spring (literally 650 because that's what everyone seems to agree on).

Oh and maybe some different color grips Fab

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 12:54 Quote
CarolineHix wrote:
In all serious tho, the designs on say tues,commencal,canyon are amazing. Eek

I think the only thing's that really need's changing on the demo is some easy access for internal cable routing or just add the sleave to the alloy version as well along with a harder spring (literally 650 because that's what everyone seems to agree on).

Did you mean external cable routing? I think there's a kit you can get from Specialized for routing brake and derailleur cables externally. Take a look around online.

I really had a tough time keeping my feet on the pedals on the demo last year when I was running specialized pedals (and a much softer rear shock). They constantly seemed to want to float off and a few occasions they did. One ended my day. I swapped pedals for something better, but I still really needed/need to focus keeping my heels down, especially now that I've stiffened up the rear end.

I talked to a guy that rented a demo in whistler for a day and he said he had the same issue.

Anyone else have this problem?

I too would probably swap to commencal's high-idler pulley design if I could get a good deal on a really long, aluminum, 650b (or 26") frame.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 13:05 Quote
I did have that issue sometimes with my feet floating off the pedals, not so much now that I recently got new ones but I really want to try the magpad pedals or whatever they're called. Has anyone tried those before?

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 15:03 Quote
mmoon wrote:
CarolineHix wrote:
In all serious tho, the designs on say tues,commencal,canyon are amazing. Eek

Did you mean external cable routing? I think there's a kit you can get from Specialized for routing brake and derailleur cables externally. Take a look around online.

I really had a tough time keeping my feet on the pedals on the demo last year when I was running specialized pedals (and a much softer rear shock). They constantly seemed to want to float off and a few occasions they did. One ended my day. I swapped pedals for something better, but I still really needed/need to focus keeping my heels down, especially now that I've stiffened up the rear end.

I talked to a guy that rented a demo in whistler for a day and he said he had the same issue.

Anyone else have this problem?

I too would probably swap to commencal's high-idler pulley design if I could get a good deal on a really long, aluminum, 650b (or 26") frame.

Clipless my friend. Once you get used to them, you can never go back.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020737
Mobile Version of Website