Specialized demo owners club
Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 16:31 Quote
YES!!!! clipless FO SHO'

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 16:36 Quote
patch92 wrote:
mmoon wrote:
CarolineHix wrote:
In all serious tho, the designs on say tues,commencal,canyon are amazing. Eek

I think the only thing's that really need's changing on the demo is some easy access for internal cable routing or just add the sleave to the alloy version as well along with a harder spring (literally 650 because that's what everyone seems to agree on).

Oh and maybe some different color grips Fab

Did you mean external cable routing? I think there's a kit you can get from Specialized for routing brake and derailleur cables externally. Take a look around online.

I really had a tough time keeping my feet on the pedals on the demo last year when I was running specialized pedals (and a much softer rear shock). They constantly seemed to want to float off and a few occasions they did. One ended my day. I swapped pedals for something better, but I still really needed/need to focus keeping my heels down, especially now that I've stiffened up the rear end.

I talked to a guy that rented a demo in whistler for a day and he said he had the same issue.

Anyone else have this problem?

I too would probably swap to commencal's high-idler pulley design if I could get a good deal on a really long, aluminum, 650b (or 26") frame.

Clipless my friend. Once you get used to them, you can never go back.

Still rocking the original specialized pedals since I bought my bike. Best pedals I've ever ridin on...

FLAT PEDALS WIN MEDALS LOL

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 1:40 Quote
uggh.. i ordered pedal's when bought bike and demo's actually come with them Really Mad
So got 2 set's of bennies. They are really great pedals tho, basically stick to your foot tup

Clipless is for crazys lol Eek

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 7:44 Quote
I'm on the crankbros stamps flats and they are f*ckin awesome, they're actually my second pair because the first ones were so dang gnar

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 7:02 Quote
Eek what color pedal's ?

Also ma main pivot bearings arrived today !! Now to work out a diy bearing press.. dimentions are 50x62x6

bb bearing presses don't go up that far Madder but will using giant washers work the same ? (Press into frame width first then use the spacers for the slight recess ?

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 13:07 Quote
CarolineHix wrote:
Eek what color pedal's ?

Also ma main pivot bearings arrived today !! Now to work out a diy bearing press.. dimentions are 50x62x6

bb bearing presses don't go up that far Madder but will using giant washers work the same ? (Press into frame width first then use the spacers for the slight recess ?

That is all I did. Bought a piece of all thread and some nuts with the same thread pitch and washers that were big enough to cover the outer race and just threaded the bolts together. Only advice I can offer is clean the bearing seat very good and put a little bit of grease on the outer race of the bearing to help it move easier. I did ever bearing on my bike this year like this. just take your time and you'll be fine.

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 17:55 Quote
Hey guys. Anyone know the stem rise of the stock stem for a 2017 demo 8 carbon? I had it written down some where,but seemed to have lost it.I know it is a 31.8 clamp with 45mm. Just looking for what rise it is? Thanks!

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 2:09 Quote
looks about 8mm rise

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 9:10 Quote
bigburd wrote:

What you guys think ?

I'm 99 percent certain there is a crack under that paint...

BB area is super stiff so should be no flex to cause a crack like this, not done anything mental like cased a 40 foot double just rode it a shit load!

Specialized are sending me a 2019 replacement frame and shock ! YEEAAHHHHHH

And a question for people that have ridden both the old linkage and the new progressive linkage, did you feel the need to change springs when going to the progressive link ?

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 12:24 Quote
Mine sagged exactly the same so just depends how often you bottom out.
I say no though

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 15:09 Quote
bigburd wrote:
bigburd wrote:

What you guys think ?

I'm 99 percent certain there is a crack under that paint...

BB area is super stiff so should be no flex to cause a crack like this, not done anything mental like cased a 40 foot double just rode it a shit load!

And a question for people that have ridden both the old linkage and the new progressive linkage, did you feel the need to change springs when going to the progressive link ?
that's awesome of specialized! did you have to send the frame in or just send pics.?

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 17:10 Quote
anyone running a renthal fatbar? whats the difference between riding with a 35mm clamp and a 31.8mm clamp? I know it is bigger.but what is the pro and con of them? is it bigger for burly DH? and smaller for more free ride?

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 17:16 Quote
bigburd wrote:

Nice outcome! To their credit specialized warranty is excellent!

I went from 550 to 500lb for what it’s worth but I wouldn’t stress to much about it.

For me the progressive link allowed me to run a softer spring for more small bump compliance but retain the bottom out resistance of the heavier spring if you get what I mean. I valued the small bump compliance more.

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 17:18 Quote
mitchman117 wrote:
anyone running a renthal fatbar? whats the difference between riding with a 35mm clamp and a 31.8mm clamp? I know it is bigger.but what is the pro and con of them? is it bigger for burly DH? and smaller for more free ride?

35 rides the tiniest bit harsher, in theory should hold up to a crash better.

Loic Bruni rides 31.8 bars so if it’s good enough for him it’s good enough for the rest of us mortals.

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 17:32 Quote
Brasher wrote:
bigburd wrote:

Nice outcome! To their credit specialized warranty is excellent!

I went from 550 to 500lb for what it’s worth but I wouldn’t stress to much about it.

For me the progressive link allowed me to run a softer spring for more small bump compliance but retain the bottom out resistance of the heavier spring if you get what I mean. I valued the small bump compliance more.
was that spring rate for a Ohlin's? just curious.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024249
Mobile Version of Website