Specialized demo owners club

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized demo owners club
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 13:33 Quote
wrote:
[Quote]Yeah you can, I have had one on all my bikes.

Ah. Do you need to get a certain kind for downhill fork's ? The lower crown on the boxxer has a slight arch to it. Arn't the bottom piece on most stem lock's a flat surface ? I think most are designed for BMX ? flat headtube's ?

Unless it is flat and im just looking at it wrong lol Confused

Or could you recommend one please Eek

---
Also in reply to re-tapping in the same star nut. The actual inner part you screw the bolt into is spinning freely so trying to tighten the bolt at the moment just causes the whole middle thing to rotate as well, i think it rusted.

And im gonna take your advice about getting new spacers. That might very well be a contributing factor. Currently the lack of pre-load is because of the inability to tighten the top cap. Gonna get some metal spacers (Think someone mentioned this before, should have changed them earlier Whip

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 22:59 Quote
wrote:
CarolineHix wrote:
[Quote]Yeah you can, I have had one on all my bikes.

Ah. Do you need to get a certain kind for downhill fork's ? The lower crown on the boxxer has a slight arch to it. Arn't the bottom piece on most stem lock's a flat surface ? I think most are designed for BMX ? flat headtube's ?

Unless it is flat and im just looking at it wrong lol Confused

Or could you recommend one please Eek

---
Also in reply to re-tapping in the same star nut. The actual inner part you screw the bolt into is spinning freely so trying to tighten the bolt at the moment just causes the whole middle thing to rotate as well, i think it rusted.

And im gonna take your advice about getting new spacers. That might very well be a contributing factor. Currently the lack of pre-load is because of the inability to tighten the top cap. Gonna get some metal spacers (Think someone mentioned this before, should have changed them earlier Whip

I use a cheap BMX one with a simple flat peice.

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 23:14 Quote
bigburd wrote:
MarioMalev wrote:
hello! I lost the holder of my rear axle on my demo 8 2016 I Couldn't find any pictures of it so i just took a foto of my axle . Do any of you know where i can buy it, or can you give me a better soulution than a bolt and a pulley. Confused
isa bika

Contacting a specialized dealer would be the logical thing no ?

That's what I am gonna do today, wish me luckSmile

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 23:15 Quote
bigburd wrote:
MarioMalev wrote:
hello! I lost the holder of my rear axle on my demo 8 2016 I Couldn't find any pictures of it so i just took a foto of my axle . Do any of you know where i can buy it, or can you give me a better soulution than a bolt and a pulley. Confused
isa bika

Contacting a specialized dealer would be the logical thing no ?

Depends where you are from but just order it online e. g.:

https://www.bike24.de/p1186872.html?q=specialized+demo

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 6:58 Quote
Eek Got the bugger out. Smacked the metal petal thing's of the star nut till it pop.

That stem lock is sinz v2, 1 1/8. But as mentioned any should be fine. (Just stating for reference incase anyone wants to know)

Went ahead and undid all the bolts for the top and bottom crown (This is scary the first time you do it because the stanchions will move).

Then i put the stem lock in and tighten it down (remember to check your stem goes inside the spacer, if you are using default demo spacers they have these stupid ridges on the inside).

Once it was squished together. i then pushed the stanchions into the crowns again and got the tape measure out Eek
And cranked those stem bolt's down Jailbreak

Still got to get some replacement spacers (Some of them are worn out a little bit 'bleddy plastic crap >.> ) And it will also look better and line up properly.

Other than that hopefully this will fix the bit of play that happened after a ride or so. tup

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011367
Mobile Version of Website