Specialized demo owners club

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized demo owners club
Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 6:34 Quote
Yep, 135/142mm hubs are the same. 142mm just have 3.5mm more on each side so they can sit into recesses in the frame so it’s easier to put the axle through.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 13:03 Quote
I do not think that you need a hub. Pleasejust do not file the lockring-it could leave the lockring threads in the hub- than maybe you will need to buy a new hub. It is a 12x135 hub, it has the same spacing as a 12x142, the endcaps are just narrower as Bikerboydwill said before. Just take it to you LBS and have them work some magic, just maybe don’t ask how they managed to “untighten the untightenable”.
Hope you get it sorted

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 0:31 Quote
Want to upgrade my cranks on my Demo 8 alloy 2019. Got a great deal from Wiggle UK on a set of green Race Face Atlas cranks. Obviously I ordered the the wrong spindle length: RF151DH, comparing with the stock crank there is a 20mm difference. Checking this forum I now understand that the Demo got an "odd" BB width.

Checking Race Face web it looks like I need the RF131BM spindle. Anyone that can confirm that is correct and that will give me correct chainline, lenght etc.?

https://www.raceface.com/media/Crank_Q-factors_and_chainlines.pdf

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 8:38 Quote
Lock ring is undone !!! Eek Put the chain whip on the smallest cog, got a vice grip wrench and put it on the cassette tool. then put my foot on the chain whip handle to hold it in place, Put a bit of weight on the vice grip and tapped it with a hammer a few times !! and it came loose !! Eek

The lock ring was indeed stuck to the cog a bit. So i'd recommend at least filing down the outside of the lock ring if you ever have trouble. But it literally took like 5 minutes. I also recommend using the hammer method because the shock/vibration must help. Brute force wasn't even budging it.

Thank's for everyone's advice tup . I'll be taken some photo's incase anyone else is curious what the hub etc look's like when i get a new cassette in the next few day's.

I bleddy love this forum Jailbreak Strong help.

Here's the cassette spacer that's included on the alloy model's to replace the first 3 sprocket's.

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 11:51 Quote
Popped that progressive link into my demo this morning, made a nice difference, rode my local so I could compare on a few diff hits and whatnot that I know well.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 10:14 Quote
Eek Got a new derailleur.. bleddy heck the clutch is strong. Is that normal ?
I've kinda got used to engaging the cage lock with 1 finger.. i guess that's why it needed replacing..
but dayum Eek

I guess that's the whole point is to keep tension on the chain but out of the box it was like
Fab You weak, gurlfrend

I legit think it would break your hand like that alien from the film LIFE if you don't pay attention. Eek

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 22:55 Quote
CarolineHix wrote:
Eek Got a new derailleur.. bleddy heck the clutch is strong. Is that normal ?
I've kinda got used to engaging the cage lock with 1 finger.. i guess that's why it needed replacing..
but dayum Eek

I guess that's the whole point is to keep tension on the chain but out of the box it was like
Fab You weak, gurlfrend

I legit think it would break your hand like that alien from the film LIFE if you don't pay attention. Eek

Think I'm due a new one too, mine slaps about making horrible noise now.

Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 1:59 Quote
Eek Despite the super human strength needed to use the cage lock Jailbreak . It does feel really nice compared to the broken one lol tup

What's this 'Progressive link' thing you were talking about ?

Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 7:15 Quote
Jailbreak New cassette installed. And as promised. hub body photo Jailbreak

Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 7:19 Quote
CarolineHix wrote:
Eek Despite the super human strength needed to use the cage lock Jailbreak . It does feel really nice compared to the broken one lol tup

Progressive link is a different linkage arm (that triangle piece that’s connected to your shock and rear end). It is engineered to give the rear end more progressiveness. As the demo is a very linear bike, the progressive link try’s to fix that. I’ve loved mine so far.

Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 7:29 Quote
patch92 wrote:
CarolineHix wrote:

Progressive link is a different linkage arm (that triangle piece that’s connected to your shock and rear end). It is engineered to give the rear end more progressiveness. As the demo is a very linear bike, the progressive link try’s to fix that. I’ve loved mine so far.

recognisable by the damper mounting

Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 7:41 Quote
ooh Eek are they the same shape ? got any pic's of it ?

Edited - Ah i see so the shock is able to move freely as apposed to just the triangle part ?

Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 9:11 Quote
CarolineHix wrote:
ooh Eek are they the same shape ? got any pic's of it ?

Edited - Ah i see so the shock is able to move freely as apposed to just the triangle part ?

It moves in the same manner, just the mounting point is in a slightly different place to increase progessiveness when compared to a standard link.

Made a nice difference for my bike, feels just as supple off the top but ramps up a bit more towards the end.

Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 9:36 Quote
Do you need to adjust your compression settings or anything ? or does it just make everything better

Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 9:49 Quote
did you need to lower your coil lb rate if your running the ohlins rear shock? I'm curious how it affected your ride too and what you had to change to dial it in

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012923
Mobile Version of Website