Specialized demo owners club

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized demo owners club
Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 5:59 Quote
[/Quote] There is no internal routing on the alloy frames, you can try these jagwire stick on guides:
https://jagwire.com/products/small-parts/stick-on-guides

They work pretty well and you can run the cable where ever you like.[/Quote]

Actually there is internal routing on the alloy frames. My bikes cables are ran internally, its a little noisy at times, but we have it on the alloy frames.

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 11:43 Quote
Very confused Is it actually possible to use internal routing without some magic tools ? (magnet's etc)
The carbon versions have an inner liner thing built in. But alloy is like .. nope. Facepalm

Like the look of those external sticky mount's tho Eek

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 13:32 Quote
I’ve got an aluminum frame, a bit of a pain and some time but drop your fork and push your cables through from the rear of the bike. Should be able to use your fingers to guide it once it’s pushed through to the head tube

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 22:03 Quote
How I always do it is;

Get a piece of Paracord from your local hardware store or Walmart ($3). Pull one of the little strings out from the inside of it. Drop it in from the top and let it run all the way down. Get a paper clip and bend it, fish out the little string. Set it against your brake cable and run a bit of tape around it to make it secure. Then just pull the string from the front of the bike and the brake line pulls through with no problem.

Super easy and take the frustration out of trying to find the cable and get it through.

Posted: Feb 22, 2020 at 11:03 Quote
Eek
bigquotespushed through to the head tube
Bleddy forgot the headtube is hollow inside xD .. That seem's like a good method

Eek
bigquotesGet a paper clip and bend it, fish out the little string.
That's a good idea too. or some kind of mini-hook

Shame it's a pain either way. Why couldn't we have removable covers like most internal routing frame's have now Dead Horse

Was going to try magnet and shifter cable along the outside of the frame. but it's still the same problem when you get to pulling it through the hole huh

Posted: Feb 22, 2020 at 17:42 Quote
Thanks for the links to the stick-on cable guides, I'd never seen those, they look great, I'll definitely try some.

O+
Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 16:42 Quote
I got a big pack of these for cheap from the hardware store:
https://picocanada.com/en/view_product/7082-PK

Those Jagwire ones are expensive. Maybe I'll try to spray the hardware ones flat black so they don't look as terrible. They do make black plastic ones, but these were in-stock and cheap.

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 7:01 Quote
Confused need more help please.. How exactly do you change a spring on the rear shock ??
Was about to buy one but then realised you need to remove it from the link end instead.

Do you only need to remove that bolt on the non-drive side ? or do you literally have to take it all apart. (dumb design if that's the case)

photo

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 9:32 Quote
CarolineHix wrote:
Confused need more help please.. How exactly do you change a spring on the rear shock ??
Was about to buy one but then realised you need to remove it from the link end instead.

Do you only need to remove that bolt on the non-drive side ? or do you literally have to take it all apart. (dumb design if that's the case)

photo

Ist easy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeUtYihQkhQ

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 10:20 Quote
oh.. not how to actually change spring. that's simple enough. i mean how you undo the bolt on the link itself ?
hex each side and counter-clockwise to undo.. but what's actually holding it in place ?

Also will ton's of washers and stuff all fall out when you remove the shock ?

photo

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 11:12 Quote
CarolineHix wrote:
oh.. not how to actually change spring. that's simple enough. i mean how you undo the bolt on the link itself ?
hex each side and counter-clockwise to undo.. but what's actually holding it in place ?

Also will ton's of washers and stuff all fall out when you remove the shock ?

photo

Just remove the bolt and the shock is free. The two washers are self explained...you will see Beer

photo

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 11:36 Quote
Oh wtf ! LOL the fsa thing's are just there so the bolt lines up huh lol

Thank's so much for clearing that up !!

That piece on the end is just for progressive link right ?
photo

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 11:38 Quote
CarolineHix wrote:
Oh wtf ! LOL the fsa thing's are just there so the bolt lines up huh lol

Thank's so much for clearing that up !!

That piece on the end is just for progressive link right ?
photo

Piece with the arrow is the cable guide.

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 11:39 Quote
lol Why are all these thing's alien technology lookin. ty ty Beer

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 12:40 Quote
edit - I cant read.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019007
Mobile Version of Website