Specialized demo owners club

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized demo owners club
Posted: Mar 19, 2020 at 11:30 Quote
patch92 wrote:
Selling my 2017 Carbon. She’s a beaut. Lots of upgrades. Size large. Message if interested or if you know anyone whose interested.
Spare wheelset
Fox suspension
Bars, stem, grips
Brakes wheels
Hubs
All upgraded.

Nice toy, I dont know why but I like the colour scheme except the blue from the fork. The A-Sync Demo is still the best looking frame so far imho.

Posted: Mar 19, 2020 at 15:11 Quote
patch92 wrote:
Selling my 2017 Carbon. She’s a beaut. Lots of upgrades. Size large. Message if interested or if you know anyone whose interested.
Spare wheelset
Fox suspension
Bars, stem, grips
Brakes wheels
Hubs
All upgraded.

May I ask why are you selling?

Posted: Mar 19, 2020 at 16:04 Quote
mitchman117 wrote:
patch92 wrote:
Spare wheelset
Fox suspension
Bars, stem, grips
Brakes wheels
Hubs
All upgraded.

May I ask why are you selling?

I really don’t want to sell. But I’m at the age, and point in my life where I can’t get hurt. My career depends on a healthy body. And I’ve sustained way too many injuries riding downhill. As sad as it makes me to hang up the big bike, it’s something I gotta do.

Posted: Mar 21, 2020 at 17:17 Quote
So i just picked up a marzocchi 58 for my 2017 Alloy. Wanted to upgrade my headset while im in here. Anyone know the size? Cane creek says its a zs49/30 and a zs49/28.6, but it makes no mention to if its the alloy or carbon model.

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 4:35 Quote
Brasher wrote:
I had 2 frames crack in the exact same spot. The reason is the carbon in that particular area is much thinner than the other side. Wether or not it would fail catastrophically I wasn’t prepared to take the risk. Specialized replaced both frames without hesitation.

The second one I had ultrasounded and where the cracks appeared it was 0.4mm thick where the other side was 3.5mm thick.

I think bigbird on here had the exact same thing happen to him recently. Same spot. I think a lot of people would be riding bikes with the same problem but either don’t notice it, or think it’s just a paint defect.

Got my frame back and the dealer says "no worries at all its thick enough". I'm not entirely happy with it.

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 5:50 Quote
dh-corn wrote:
Brasher wrote:
I had 2 frames crack in the exact same spot. The reason is the carbon in that particular area is much thinner than the other side. Wether or not it would fail catastrophically I wasn’t prepared to take the risk. Specialized replaced both frames without hesitation.

The second one I had ultrasounded and where the cracks appeared it was 0.4mm thick where the other side was 3.5mm thick.

I think bigbird on here had the exact same thing happen to him recently. Same spot. I think a lot of people would be riding bikes with the same problem but either don’t notice it, or think it’s just a paint defect.

Got my frame back and the dealer says "no worries at all its thick enough". I'm not entirely happy with it.

I’d reach out to spesh directly then

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 11:10 Quote
Can someone tell me the actual weight on demo 8 2017-8 alu w/o shock ?

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 13:08 Quote
Alway wondered if my problem is a bike problem or a shock problem, got a 2017 demo with float x2 air and i simply have never been able to set it up as slow or firm as i like. now i like my bike slower and stiffer and slower than most but am a lighter guy (190) so cant imagine the shock cant get there. Im maxed out on psi 250, max volume spacers, all clicks of compression, all clicks of rebound, which just seems heinous to me and its still not where i want. constantly bottoming out and faster than i want. anybody have similar problems or could it be just me with the shock, i figured it was a demo problem though.

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 13:31 Quote
I have a vivid air with half the volume tokens and medium compression and rebound tune. I am running max psi (240) and I weigh 165lbs, I like my rebound but find I could use more compression and mid stroke support

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 14:22 Quote
justinhoelzl wrote:
Alway wondered if my problem is a bike problem or a shock problem, got a 2017 demo with float x2 air and i simply have never been able to set it up as slow or firm as i like. now i like my bike slower and stiffer and slower than most but am a lighter guy (190) so cant imagine the shock cant get there. Im maxed out on psi 250, max volume spacers, all clicks of compression, all clicks of rebound, which just seems heinous to me and its still not where i want. constantly bottoming out and faster than i want. anybody have similar problems or could it be just me with the shock, i figured it was a demo problem though.

That’s pretty crazy that you are running max psi, max rebound, and max compression for being 190 lbs. That thing must feel absolutely horrible. Lol.
Do you have a progressive link? Adding that will help out with your compression and ramp up. As far as rebound... doesn’t look like you’ll get that any slower. Taking some psi out and holding the same rebound adjustments will slow down a little. But if you are wanting it more stiff, looks like you’re in a bind.

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 16:18 Quote
Looks like you can re-shim the X2 rebound circuit to be slower. I doubt it's completely isolated from compression so you'd probably get a bit more compression damping too.
https://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/fox-float-x2-main-piston-shim-stack-1093073.html
https://www.ridefox.com/fox_tech_center/owners_manuals/08/WCeng/Content/Damper_rules_of_thumb.html

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 17:03 Quote
hmm that progressive link seems like a good first step, has it been talked about on this forum/ been reviewed, or any numbers/graphs that compare the two links?

followed by the reshim would likely be the next step and will probably have to be done too unless the progressive link really lets me drop the pressure so the rebound would be slower to begin with, but doubtful.

bike is definitely interesting, most would probably think if it was set up the way i wanted it would be even more interesting.

thanks for the help guys, let me know if there is more!

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 18:05 Quote
justinhoelzl wrote:
hmm that progressive link seems like a good first step, has it been talked about on this forum/ been reviewed, or any numbers/graphs that compare the two links?

followed by the reshim would likely be the next step and will probably have to be done too unless the progressive link really lets me drop the pressure so the rebound would be slower to begin with, but doubtful.

bike is definitely interesting, most would probably think if it was set up the way i wanted it would be even more interesting.

thanks for the help guys, let me know if there is more!

My progressive link experience.

Prior to link I was bottoming on hits that shouldn’t have bottom. And smashing bottom on really big hits. After progressive link I was able to come down a spring weight and I still didn’t bottom nearly as much. Only on sports that warranted a bottom out. Lol. I was happy with my purchase, and think the should be stock on the bike, as it’s extremely linear.

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 19:03 Quote
sold, ya the bike is unbelievably linear its crazy

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 19:09 Quote
justinhoelzl wrote:
sold, ya the bike is unbelievably linear its crazy

Not saying it’s going to solve your problems. I wasn’t in near the boat you’re in. But it definitely gave me a lot ore mid-end travel support.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008003
Mobile Version of Website