Specialized demo owners club

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized demo owners club
| Next Page
Posted: Apr 30, 2020 at 6:14 Quote
had the same problem with my original bearings, on muddy day and it sounded like you were running a chainsaw against my bearing, dont think it seals very well

Posted: Apr 30, 2020 at 6:51 Quote
LOL yes it really does make a horrendous sound when they knackered.

The other pivot bearing's seem to be better in that they have washers covering them as well.

I personally hate cartridge bearing's, they are designed to fail. The moment they get wet or some grit in them it's just a matter of time.

I found with the main pivot bearing's a good idea is to put some waterproof grease all the away around the gap between the frame and the chainstay so no water or dirt can get in, in the first place.

The rubber seal around the outer spacers does work quite well. But if/when that snaps or wears out. Everything can just make its way through to the bearing.

I recommend ya'll check for these when you need to replace your bearings and put a replacement rubber band around them when reinstalling if they arnt there anymore. (It will save the constant headache in the future) Facepalm

Posted: May 1, 2020 at 4:28 Quote
CarolineHix wrote:

I recommend ya'll check for these when you need to replace your bearings and put a replacement rubber band around them when reinstalling if they arnt there anymore.

You have a source from which you can obtain just the rubber band?

Posted: May 1, 2020 at 6:12 Quote
Well its more of a rubber seal thing.. but a rubber band should surffice. Beer
Your typical bag of mini hair bands should do the trick (You want them on tight so it lessens chance of them moving and getting destroyed).

Edit - Standard size band on the right. A little too big (loose), so get anything smaller than that and it will fit into the groove nicely when it stretches Smile

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 11:19 Quote
Anyone else having problems with cracks in carbon frames?

Mine is 2017 Demo carbon, and there is few cracks BB area.
From down tube to seat tube junktion, under the shock.

First at autumn 2018 there was only one on drive side. Asked about it from LBS and they didnt think it was anything major. Just in clear coat.
Now there is 3 on drive side and one on non drive side.

Edit: There were many broken frames on earlier posts.Rolleyes

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 12:52 Quote
Yep, those are cracks. Same exact spot as my frame. I got it warrantied without issue.

Sakkeri91 wrote:

First at autumn 2018 there was only one on drive side. Asked about it from LBS and they didnt think it was anything major. Just in clear coat.

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 13:43 Quote
They owe you a new frame, Mine went in the same place near the BB along with quite a few other people, and they won't be able to find any of the last gen Demos to give you, so they will have to sort you out with the latest one.

Please stop riding it, I have seen pics of these with the whole BB area ripped off the bike and completely exploded.

Posted: May 23, 2020 at 11:00 Quote
Me was told that this is not an issue, but they are much smaller.

Posted: May 23, 2020 at 14:30 Quote
Sakkeri91 wrote:

hey,could you post a better picture of area? not so close.(farther away) i have the same bike,just wanna look at mine and see if there is any cracks/seperation also! just being a worry willy so to speak.

Posted: May 23, 2020 at 22:48 Quote
holy shit another one!

I thought I was really unlucky but seems this is a huge type fault with the demo's.

Stop riding it dude.

Posted: May 24, 2020 at 5:13 Quote
Yeah, I have not ridden it since I noticed more cracks this spring.
My friend has second hand Sworks Demo and we noticed same cracks at same place on his frame also. Frown

Some pics farter away. You cant really see those cracks on these.
Demo 8 carbon

Demo 8 carbon

Can anyone find pics of fully disintegrated frame?

Posted: May 24, 2020 at 16:14 Quote
after it happened to me a second time I had the frame ultrasounded by a carbon guru.

the report literally said "catastrophic failure was highly likely, frame not fit for purpose"

that was enough for me. The carbon on the drive side was 2.7mm thick, the non drive side less than 1mm.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008530
Mobile Version of Website