Is there a simple way to figure out what travel length fork is needed when replacing rigid fork with suspension fork

PB Forum :: 29ers
Is there a simple way to figure out what travel length fork is needed when replacing rigid fork with suspension fork
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 28, 2016 at 13:35 Quote
taking into account pre-load and sag and the rigid fork's length
and that ongoing reference to axle / crown value
which never tells me what i need to know
when actually making a final decision of what fork travel length do a i "pull the trigger on" & order ???

the suspension travel length #mm info i need
in order to keep stock fork rake geometry the same (or close to same as possible) as the stock rigid fork spec.

when i measure axle to crown of rigid fork
................ it measures just barely under 19.5 inches

Posted: Oct 29, 2016 at 6:29 Quote
famous-nobody wrote:
when actually making a final decision of what fork travel length do a i "pull the trigger on" & order ???

in order to keep stock fork rake geometry the same (or close to same as possible) as the stock rigid fork spec.

Sounds like you're wanting a 490mm rigid fork which if on a 29er is equivalent to a 120mm fork.

Smile

Posted: Oct 29, 2016 at 8:18 Quote
famous-nobody wrote:

Axle to crown is pretty straight forward .. you are on the right track, justy measure in mm (like you did ) then find a fork in that range. bam!

At 495 mm, I would say that a 120-130mm fork would be spot on... but if you really want more travel, you may be able to find a 140mm fork with a low enough axle to crown

Posted: Oct 29, 2016 at 8:37 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
famous-nobody wrote:

Axle to crown is pretty straight forward .. you are on the right track, justy measure in mm (like you did ) then find a fork in that range. bam!

At 495 mm, I would say that a 120-130mm fork would be spot on... but if you really want more travel, you may be able to find a 140mm fork with a low enough axle to crown

At least someone understood lol

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010297
Mobile Version of Website