Moving to Scottsdale AZ Area - MTB Scene?

PB Forum :: USA - West
Moving to Scottsdale AZ Area - MTB Scene?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Oct 30, 2016 at 14:05 Quote
Hope there isn't a thread out here that I've missed that might address this.

Anyway, there's a high potential that I may be moving to the Scottsdale area sometime between February and April 2017. (Wife's job may relocate us). I currently live in Michigan's beautiful upper peninsula in Marquette. Marquette is an IMBA Bronze Level Ride Center. A few hours away is Copper Harbor a Silver Level Ride Center. A couple more hours away is Duluth, MN a Gold Level Ride Center. I think maybe you see where I'm going? The ride scene around here has earned a lot of respect on the national level. It's amazing and there's every type of trail imaginable. Types of riding I do. DH Race (Lake Superior Gravity Series) DH/Free Ride, All Mountain / Enduro, Dual Slalom, Dirt Jump, Bikes I ride Trek Session 88, Kona Entourage, Trek Remedy, Trek Farley, Rocky Mountain Flow Pro DJ. I'm into it all! Anyway I live within 2 mile pedle down bike path to some of Marquette's best trails. I'm looking for advice on what trails / areas in Scottsdale that can offer similar riding, as well as the convince to peddle from my door step to a trail head. I welcome all suggestions. Hopefully also welcome anyone who would be willing to show me around when I get into town. Nothing goes better with a ride than grabbing a few nice brews with buddies. I assure you the first round will be on me following a ride! :-) thanks to all that take moment to help me out!

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 9:03 Quote
Hey, I spoke to on the phone I think when you called Rage. Let us know when you get into town we will intro you to some riders/ trails etc etc.....
Dean

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2016 at 12:14 Quote
DEWYATI wrote:
Hey, I spoke to on the phone I think when you called Rage. Let us know when you get into town we will intro you to some riders/ trails etc etc.....
Dean

Awesome, I think so! I'm actually in Scottsdale this weekend to do a little house searching. I was planning to drop by the shop while in town this weekend. I noticed there are two locations, which one do you work at? Feel free to PM me the address for which shop you're at (knowing this is a public forum, I want to respect privacy) Hopefully we can catch up while I'm in town. Otherwise we're moving sometime in mid-January. I'm sure I'll be dropping by then as well.

Cheers!

Posted: Jan 4, 2017 at 14:35 Quote
I live in Tucson, altho I have done some riding up in PHX in the past. The trails are similar tho, lots of decomposed granite, and some rocky, chunky goodness if that's what you like!
I have also ridden up in the Marquette area a little: one day on the trails around the Marquette Mtn. area, but about 25 years ago! I expect it has changed a bit since then, but completely different to the desert. I hope you get along with the change! Personally I used to ride in the UK when I lived there many years ago, and the change to desert riding was most welcome Smile
If you do make the move and ever want to ride in this area, hit me up, I can show you some awesome trails here!

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2017 at 8:33 Quote
Yeah I'm down here, just got into town about 3 weeks ago. So far I've ridden SoMo which was super gnarly, and I've also ridden Desert Trails bike park on my DJ'r which was a lot of fun. Otherwise been riding some hidden secret gems around the North Phoenix area. It's waaay different than what I'm used to in Marquette. But as you say it's a welcome change of terrain. PM me any time you want to rip and I'll do the same the next time I head down to SoMo. Or perhaps you can show me some gnar in Tucson

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008355
Mobile Version of Website