Motobecane 529 ht

PB Forum :: 29ers
Motobecane 529 ht
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 31, 2016 at 5:14 Quote
Hi I just purchased this bike last yr as a way to excersise an loose some weight.well I did that went from 320lbs to 255.I have mainly been riding street with little trail use.my problem is I find myself wanting to ride a little more aggressive the front suntour fork sucks it bottoms out,an suggestions on a good replacement that not going to break my bank? Next what about a decent set of wheels I keen I am not goin to be doin mad 20' drops an stuff but may hit a jump or too.

Posted: Nov 2, 2016 at 18:35 Quote
georgiaboy79 wrote:
Hi I just purchased this bike last yr as a way to excersise an loose some weight.well I did that went from 320lbs to 255.I have mainly been riding street with little trail use.my problem is I find myself wanting to ride a little more aggressive the front suntour fork sucks it bottoms out,an suggestions on a good replacement that not going to break my bank? Next what about a decent set of wheels I keen I am not goin to be doin mad 20' drops an stuff but may hit a jump or too.

A used rockshock recon or similar with the air spring (easily tunable if you continue to lose weight) is probably the cheapest option. if you want a stiffer fork to go bigger look at the xfusion trace or suntour shocks with 34mm stanchons. As far as tough wheels its hard to beat Stans Flow Ex for bang for the buck especially since there is a new model out and shops are trying to clear out the existing ones.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008512
Mobile Version of Website