2017 Meta 4.2

PB Forum :: Commencal
2017 Meta 4.2
Previous Page |
Author Message
Posted: Nov 5, 2016 at 20:14 Quote
I'm contemplating buying one of these frames. Anyone here own one yet? Ride reports? Thanks

Posted: Nov 5, 2016 at 20:57 Quote
Check the Commencal Meta V4 thread on here

Posted: Nov 7, 2016 at 8:11 Quote
I didn't see much about the V4.2 model in there, that's why I started a new thread.

Posted: Nov 8, 2016 at 12:02 Quote
I don't think they are available yet for the public. I ordered one (in Europe though) and should get it in the first weeks of December. I think it will ship one week earlier in the USA/Canada.

Posted: Nov 8, 2016 at 12:36 Quote
They are available in canada

Posted: Nov 18, 2016 at 9:32 Quote
Anybody know if the single pivot design of this bike has the same brake jack issues as the sc bullit use to have? Is it a better design that eliminated the issue? I'm about to make the purchase but would love to have some insight on this. Thx

Posted: Nov 30, 2016 at 19:29 Quote
Just got the race eagle built. Haven't taken it on any trails yet, but so far it feels pretty similar to the new Enduro I demo'ed recently. Will report back upon further testing, but so far very happy with it.


Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 8:52 Quote
I received my 4.2 Race on Monday, it went together perfectly (minus the reverb not working, but I'm getting that taken care of and have a normal seat post in it for now).

I agree w/ multi435 on feeling somewhat similar to an Enduro, which is what I'm coming off of.
I can't wait to take the new bike out and test her out though. I'll post an after ride report once I do!

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 11:22 Quote
So tell us how it work and how it climb!!!
I'm sure it's a superb machine downhill, but before go down, we need to climb, and my V3 weight a ton uphill !!!

Posted: Dec 2, 2016 at 8:31 Quote
MTBaventures wrote:
So tell us how it work and how it climb!!!
I'm sure it's a superb machine downhill, but before go down, we need to climb, and my V3 weight a ton uphill !!!

On another forum (mtbr) two people have said that they've taken their Meta AM v4.2's out and said they climbed really well, even with the suspension open. A user also said that they were surprised how fast and how well the bike rolled on flat ground.

I'll post my after ride report sometime this weekend, I'll finally get to ride tomorrow morning.

Posted: Dec 3, 2016 at 1:24 Quote
BRoss48 wrote:
MTBaventures wrote:
So tell us how it work and how it climb!!!
I'm sure it's a superb machine downhill, but before go down, we need to climb, and my V3 weight a ton uphill !!!

On another forum (mtbr) two people have said that they've taken their Meta AM v4.2's out and said they climbed really well, even with the suspension open. A user also said that they were surprised how fast and how well the bike rolled on flat ground.

I'll post my after ride report sometime this weekend, I'll finally get to ride tomorrow morning.

Let us know bud. Itching to hear first hand report from om users.

Posted: Dec 5, 2016 at 7:24 Quote
I plan on buying this frame but was wondering about rear shock, i know i can buy the frame with the shock from the commencal website but was wondering if this is my only option?

Can i only mount a metric shock to the v4.2, if so i'm guessing i can't buy a shock from other places?

Posted: Dec 5, 2016 at 9:59 Quote
Granto405 wrote:
I plan on buying this frame but was wondering about rear shock, i know i can buy the frame with the shock from the commencal website but was wondering if this is my only option?

Can i only mount a metric shock to the v4.2, if so i'm guessing i can't buy a shock from other places?

From my understanding, this frame will take any shock.
But I wouldn't recommend counting the Super Deluxe RC3 out, it blew my mind how good of a shock it actually is, and I haven't gotten it dialed in perfectly yet.

Posted: Dec 5, 2016 at 10:07 Quote
jeiR wrote:
BRoss48 wrote:
MTBaventures wrote:
So tell us how it work and how it climb!!!
I'm sure it's a superb machine downhill, but before go down, we need to climb, and my V3 weight a ton uphill !!!

On another forum (mtbr) two people have said that they've taken their Meta AM v4.2's out and said they climbed really well, even with the suspension open. A user also said that they were surprised how fast and how well the bike rolled on flat ground.

I'll post my after ride report sometime this weekend, I'll finally get to ride tomorrow morning.

Let us know bud. Itching to hear first hand report from om users.

Alright, I put my first ride in!
about 17 miles and 4000 feet of climbing.
WOW!!! This thing climbs better than my 2015 Specialized Enduro without a doubt. The front end didn't really seem to want to come up too much, and only when the climbs got really steep did the bike start to feel a little heavy, which still wasn't bad for me. The Super Deluxe shock amazed me, in lockout, climbing the fire road was super nice, in pedal mode there was no pedal bob what so ever but was a little stiff for what I was riding (might be good for smoother XC style trails), and the open was buttery smooth, yet still didn't really have any pedal bob while running about 28% sag.

It was raining and really slippery on the roots and rocks but it wasn't shying away from anything I threw at it. It just wanted to go faster and faster, even on the flat trails. The 4.2 corners so nicely too, it always felt stable and was digging for traction.

The bike exceeded my expectations, so thank you Commencal!

Previous Page |

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029811
Mobile Version of Website