2017 Meta 4.2

PB Forum :: Commencal
2017 Meta 4.2
Posted: May 31, 2017 at 12:12 Quote
photo
First ride i must say was unreal. Pedals amazing, handles great, and besides missing my dropper, i count be happier. Rear shock needs a little less sag then recommended but other then that, PUMPEd!!!!!

Posted: Jun 1, 2017 at 5:21 Quote
Dnpbakon wrote:
photo
First ride i must say was unreal. Pedals amazing, handles great, and besides missing my dropper, i count be happier. Rear shock needs a little less sag then recommended but other then that, PUMPEd!!!!!

You should be, that thing looks unreal dude. I think I have the same bottle holder on mine haha. I just added a chainguide because I lost my chain two times at a race last weekend.

Posted: Jun 1, 2017 at 6:49 Quote
dudeism wrote:
Dnpbakon wrote:
photo

You should be, that thing looks unreal dude. I think I have the same bottle holder on mine haha. I just added a chainguide because I lost my chain two times at a race last weekend.

Man that's a bummer! I had zero issues with the Chaim but who know that can always change! I must say so far, I'm pretty pleased with the low cost SRAM GX, NX stuff. I was going to swap it out for the new BOX components drivetrain but I may hold off a bit! The transfer dropper factory model should be here next week and then she'll be complete. The I9 wheels make the pedaling up my more singletrack XC style trails a breeze. This bike rips.

Posted: Jun 5, 2017 at 0:28 Quote
so, what about downtube protection? standard protection isnt narrow?

Posted: Jun 8, 2017 at 19:30 Quote
Finally almost done with my Commencal Meta Trail v4.2.
just waiting on a email from fox for a metric float X rear shock
I9 trail wheel and hubs
XT brakes
2018 Fox 34 140mm
Factory FOX transfer dropper 125mm
Wolf tooth trigger for dropper
Rental fatbar carbon

So far she absolutely RIPS. I ride mostly single track and she pedals and handles the rough stuff great. Surprisingly happy with the lowed SRAM GX/NX drivetrain stuff. Switching to a full box drivetrain once i get the funds haha.
photo

Posted: Jun 8, 2017 at 19:53 Quote
Dnpbakon wrote:
I9 trail wheel and hubs
XT brakes
2018 Fox 34 140mm
Rental fatbar carbon

So far she absolutely RIPS. I ride mostly single track and she pedals and handles the rough stuff great. Surprisingly happy with the lowed SRAM GX/NX drivetrain stuff. Switching to a full box drivetrain once i get the funds haha.
photo

Nice build! float x will be dope, and you could save a little weight with new drivetrain/cranks. Why did you end up going with 140 mm instead of 170mm fork?

Posted: Jun 8, 2017 at 20:16 Quote
acetasting1992 wrote:
Dnpbakon wrote:
I9 trail wheel and hubs
XT brakes
2018 Fox 34 140mm
Rental fatbar carbon

photo

Nice build! float x will be dope, and you could save a little weight with new drivetrain/cranks. Why did you end up going with 140 mm instead of 170mm fork?

Yea definitely! Hoping to shave some weight when I swap everything to BOX, as it sits it's right at 30lbs >__. And I stayed with a 140mm because the meta trail comes with a 140. The meta AM comes with a 170 and for the trails I ride, anything over 140mm is extreme overkill haha.

Posted: Jun 8, 2017 at 20:38 Quote
Dnpbakon wrote:
acetasting1992 wrote:
Dnpbakon wrote:
I9 trail wheel and hubs
XT brakes
2018 Fox 34 140mm
Rental fatbar carbon

photo

Yea definitely! Hoping to shave some weight when I swap everything to BOX, as it sits it's right at 30lbs >__. And I stayed with a 140mm because the meta trail comes with a 140. The meta AM comes with a 170 and for the trails I ride, anything over 140mm is extreme overkill haha.

Oh nice didnt realize it came in that color! Sick bike. Would be interested to see how you get on with the box stuff, glad that sram/shimano are finally getting a bit of competition!

Posted: Jun 14, 2017 at 11:27 Quote
Dnpbakon wrote:
I9 trail wheel and hubs
XT brakes
2018 Fox 34 140mm
Rental fatbar carbon

photo

How does she climb? Wishing my AM V4 climbed a bit better haha

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 0:02 Quote
Found a possible design flaw with meta, because of the open top tube at the shock water and things easily get into headset bearing when washing, contaminates easily because of it and need to clean and grease headset more

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 8:16 Quote
toad321 wrote:
Found a possible design flaw with meta, because of the open top tube at the shock water and things easily get into headset bearing when washing, contaminates easily because of it and need to clean and grease headset more
That would mean the head tube has holes on the side where the top tube and down tube weld on. From what I know about it that is not the case so that should not be any issue at all. I could be wrong because I have not had the front end off.

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 8:54 Quote
Swanny48 wrote:
toad321 wrote:
That would mean the head tube has holes on the side where the top tube and down tube weld on. From what I know about it that is not the case so that should not be any issue at all. I could be wrong because I have not had the front end off.

No look at where your shock is mounted, the whole top tube is open and runs straight to the headset

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 9:37 Quote
toad321 wrote:
Swanny48 wrote:
toad321 wrote:

No look at where your shock is mounted, the whole top tube is open and runs straight to the headset

You wash your bike upside down.? Not a good idea.

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 10:30 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
toad321 wrote:
Swanny48 wrote:

You wash your bike upside down.? Not a good idea.

What invreted180 said...

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 12:02 Quote
Yea I figured that out now, one set of bearings later, problem is I keep all my bike stuff upstairs and bike gets put in car with wheels off, pain in the ass to keep it upright to wash, oh well live and learn...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021420
Mobile Version of Website