2017 Meta 4.2

PB Forum :: Commencal
2017 Meta 4.2
Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 8:59 Quote
hi i am planning on building a meta 4.2 but trying to find a fork to fit and am struggling as all of them seem to be the wrong tapper as they all seem to be 1.1/8" - 1.5" and the bike is 1 1/8" / 1 1/2" so if anyone could recommend a fork that would be great and where to buy it

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 9:01 Quote
If I read your comment correctly, a 1 1/8 tapered to 1 1/5 is the same as a fork that's 1 1.8 tapered to 1 1.5. Most forks today are tapered.

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 9:32 Quote
The bottom Cup of the headset is a bigger than average size, but your fork will still be a bog standard tapered one

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2017 at 11:45 Quote
Ok can anyone find a linkage diagram showing where all the f********ing washers go?

Posted: Jul 4, 2017 at 11:55 Quote
https://www.commencal-store.com/techbook

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2017 at 6:46 Quote
Can anyone speak to the wide chainstays and hitting your heels? I saw in the MBR review that if you have a size 10 foot or bigger, you'll have issues. I have a 10.5 and that might be enough to prevent me from getting the new 2018 TR

thanks

Posted: Jul 28, 2017 at 7:03 Quote
YetiSteve wrote:
Can anyone speak to the wide chainstays and hitting your heels? I saw in the MBR review that if you have a size 10 foot or bigger, you'll have issues. I have a 10.5 and that might be enough to prevent me from getting the new 2018 TR

thanks
Size 10.5 here. No problem on my meta v4 (which is the same I believe).

Posted: Jul 28, 2017 at 11:49 Quote
I'm a 10 and I caught my heels for 1 ride when I clipped in for he first time but never again since.

Posted: Jul 30, 2017 at 18:00 Quote
I have a 4.2 ride package for sale, 3 months old. 2200.00 obo. If interested message me and I can send you pics.

Posted: Jul 31, 2017 at 0:30 Quote
Findings of my meta after 2 months thrashing.

It's very very good. Progressive rear paired with the super deluxe gives a real planted rear end that can be hucked pretty hard! The spec on the v4.2 race is spot on (i switched the brakes straight away, personal preference.)

(minor) Niggles:

With a 2.5 WTB breakout, the tyre buzzes the seattube when nearing bottom out. 2.3 vigilante doesn't buzz, and there's miles of mud clearance! The pivot hardware came loose every ride for the first few, but has now settled down good. The internal routing is a bit of a pain but does the job.

Nothing major, overall rad bike!

Posted: Jul 31, 2017 at 1:40 Quote
Has anyone had an issue with V4.2 and RS Deluxe RT shock where the back feels too rebound-y? Already had two big crashes where it catapulted me over the bars on decent sized jumps.

It could be my fault, but I've done those jumps many times before without issues before on different bikes. Overall V4.2 seems overly happy for nose heavy landings unless I really adjust my body position ( which seems unnatural for me ).

This is my first air shock though so maybe that's something to get used to? ( although I doubt air shocks would do that since they are so popular )

I'm ~80kg and have pumped 220psi which makes it sit at about 25% sag. It's set at 2 clicks out from the slowest rebound.

Initially I had it set at about 30% sag and I didn't notice the issue and it felt comfortable at jumps but it bottomed out too often.

What could I play around with? Volume spacers? Coil Razz ?

Posted: Jul 31, 2017 at 9:51 Quote
rATRIJS wrote:
Has anyone had an issue with V4.2 and RS Deluxe RT shock where the back feels too rebound-y? Already had two big crashes where it catapulted me over the bars on decent sized jumps.

It could be my fault, but I've done those jumps many times before without issues before on different bikes. Overall V4.2 seems overly happy for nose heavy landings unless I really adjust my body position ( which seems unnatural for me ).

This is my first air shock though so maybe that's something to get used to? ( although I doubt air shocks would do that since they are so popular )

I'm ~80kg and have pumped 220psi which makes it sit at about 25% sag. It's set at 2 clicks out from the slowest rebound.

Initially I had it set at about 30% sag and I didn't notice the issue and it felt comfortable at jumps but it bottomed out too often.

What could I play around with? Volume spacers? Coil Razz ?
Go back to 30% SAG and insert some volume spacers so you don't bottom out too much.

O+
Posted: Jul 31, 2017 at 20:00 Quote
Hey need some help. I have a Meta V4.2 with standard Guide Brakes and 203 front and 180mm rear rotor. I hate them. Frown Just ordered Shimano Zee and am hoping to swap out to a 203MM rotor on the rear. I have searched the forum but have not been able to find the correct post mount to be able to run 203mm. I'm sure I can cob it together once I get the caliper in hand but I have had such a miserable time with the brakes I really would prefer the correct setup. Any ideas? Links and Pics alway helpful. Thanks in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaqaBQvhM24

O+
Posted: Aug 7, 2017 at 14:45 Quote
Anyone have a fix to the pivot bolts getting loose. Never a problem when trail riding but 5-10 laps at the downhill park and I have to tighten them. I have been carrying a torque wrench with me. Frown

Posted: Aug 7, 2017 at 14:55 Quote
Maybe use some loctite on the threads?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010846
Mobile Version of Website