2017 Meta 4.2

PB Forum :: Commencal
2017 Meta 4.2
O+
Posted: Aug 7, 2017 at 19:12 Quote
TheJD wrote:
Maybe use some loctite on the threads?
Yeah I may need a better loctite than blue.

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2017 at 1:52 Quote
Scot5609 wrote:
Hey need some help. I have a Meta V4.2 with standard Guide Brakes and 203 front and 180mm rear rotor. I hate them. Frown Just ordered Shimano Zee and am hoping to swap out to a 203MM rotor on the rear. I have searched the forum but have not been able to find the correct post mount to be able to run 203mm. I'm sure I can cob it together once I get the caliper in hand but I have had such a miserable time with the brakes I really would prefer the correct setup. Any ideas? Links and Pics alway helpful. Thanks in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaqaBQvhM24

Im running 203mm on my V4 front ana rear with Magura MT5

I just used the 203mm adaptor from Uberbike

Posted: Aug 23, 2017 at 7:22 Quote
Guys, I have found an issue with the bike, I own a AM 4.2 since February, and in a few months I found out that the rocker bearings were already starting to worn out, in another few months I had to change the bearings. I went to bike park 2-3 times and the rest was trail riding, so it may be that as well, but having to change the bearings after less than 6 months seems too much, especially when I consider that I had a meta6 for 2 years before this and never had to change them, and that bike took much more beating... Anyone else had this problem?

Posted: Aug 23, 2017 at 7:42 Quote
Scot5609 wrote:
Yeah I may need a better loctite than blue.

Not necessarily another colour, but a different model. The loctite 242 is the most common one found in stores, yet is one that requires both parts to be absolutely clean of any grease/lubricant. The Loctite 243 can work on some partially degreased parts.

Mutts wrote:
Guys, I have found an issue with the bike, I own a AM 4.2 since February, and in a few months I found out that the rocker bearings were already starting to worn out, in another few months I had to change the bearings. I went to bike park 2-3 times and the rest was trail riding, so it may be that as well, but having to change the bearings after less than 6 months seems too much, especially when I consider that I had a meta6 for 2 years before this and never had to change them, and that bike took much more beating... Anyone else had this problem?

Check with Commencal, they may send you some spare bearings. Could be plenty of reasons why they're gone already, going from mis-aligned parts, bearings not pressed in completely, pressure washing (that's your fault there Wink ), or just horrible riding conditions for example.

Worst case scenario, bearings are usually kind of cheap (and they list the bearing specs on their website), and if you can't do it yourself, a shop should be fine doing it.

Posted: Aug 23, 2017 at 21:27 Quote
A quick sag question about my meta tr 4.2 I'm new to the Deluxe rear shock so I don't know if this is typical for this type of shock. I weigh about 190 with my riding gear and have been trying to dial in my sag. I ride mostly rolling trails, no big drops/hits I've found that I need to pump it to between 250-270lbs to get around that 25-30% sag. Does that sound about right for this type of shock? I only have about 100km on the bike. I've not added volume reducers (yet). Any advice would be appreciated.

Posted: Aug 24, 2017 at 4:05 Quote
moogin wrote:
A quick sag question about my meta tr 4.2 I'm new to the Deluxe rear shock so I don't know if this is typical for this type of shock. I weigh about 190 with my riding gear and have been trying to dial in my sag. I ride mostly rolling trails, no big drops/hits I've found that I need to pump it to between 250-270lbs to get around that 25-30% sag. Does that sound about right for this type of shock? I only have about 100km on the bike. I've not added volume reducers (yet). Any advice would be appreciated.

I've had trouble settin up my sag aswell! Decided to just say screw it and ride it out. Literally haha. I weigh 178 and running it at 268

Posted: Aug 25, 2017 at 4:59 Quote
Mutts wrote:

Check with Commencal, they may send you some spare bearings. Could be plenty of reasons why they're gone already, going from mis-aligned parts, bearings not pressed in completely, pressure washing (that's your fault there Wink ), or just horrible riding conditions for example.

Worst case scenario, bearings are usually kind of cheap (and they list the bearing specs on their website), and if you can't do it yourself, a shop should be fine doing it.[/Quote]

They didn't, but I changed them at my local shop anyway. Are you saying they may have sent me one badly fitted? It always worked smoothly, but after a while I checked them for a cleanup and found out they weren't turning smoothly anymore, and at a later check, they were just grinding and not working for a good part. Btw I wouldn't point there if pressure washing (which I don't do anyway), even if I did, they're sealed bearings, it would be hard to damage them that way I think.

Also, I found out a friend had the same problem with the same bike. If anyone has been using it for a while, I suggest to check it.

Posted: Aug 25, 2017 at 5:48 Quote
I mean that from the factory, there could have been some assembly errors that could have led to poor life on bearings. Now they're still cheap bearings, and the replacement ones may last longer, but maybe not. When changing frame bearings, if they're easy to change I just put cheap bearings and change them more often. But if they're a pain in the arse to remove, I'll put some enduro max bearings, they tend to last longer than cheap bearings.

As for the sealed part, a pressure washer like 15cm from the bearing would definitely get water through the protection. It's good enough to protect the bearing from any projection or even short immersion, but the power of a pressure washer is a bearing killer.

Posted: Aug 27, 2017 at 16:19 Quote
Dnpbakon wrote:
moogin wrote:

I've had trouble settin up my sag aswell! Decided to just say screw it and ride it out. Literally haha. I weigh 178 and running it at 268

I've contacted Commencal Canada about this as I'm not sure that's right. Spoke to a few techs at my LBS and they said that is is possible, but wondered why I'd be using 85% of the total PSI on the shock to set up just the sag alone.

O+
Posted: Aug 27, 2017 at 19:28 Quote
moogin wrote:
Dnpbakon wrote:
moogin wrote:

I've contacted Commencal Canada about this as I'm not sure that's right. Spoke to a few techs at my LBS and they said that is is possible, but wondered why I'd be using 85% of the total PSI on the shock to set up just the sag alone.

I'm about 190lbs and I run 200psi to get 30% sag. I've been riding a lot of park recently and doing some bigger drops so I bought a token and installed it today but have not had a chance to ride yet. At 200psi I run through all my travel on some big hits but have not felt it bottom out so I feel pretty confident that the pressure is good. Great small bump so I didn't want to add more air.

Posted: Aug 28, 2017 at 14:33 Quote
I've also contacted SRAM and am waiting to hear back from Commencal Canada. I'll keep us posted.

O+
Posted: Aug 29, 2017 at 3:42 Quote
New 2018 models are on the US webstore

Was hoping for something a bit more tbh Rolleyes

Posted: Aug 29, 2017 at 4:27 Quote
Why are the prices on the US webstore way lower compared to the EU webstore?!

Posted: Aug 29, 2017 at 4:45 Quote
TheJD wrote:

US prices don't include taxes.

Also, I can't remember which one, but some states have a super low to no sales taxes (Oregon I believe?).

Posted: Aug 29, 2017 at 6:29 Quote
Ploutre wrote:
TheJD wrote:

US prices don't include taxes.

Also, I can't remember which one, but some states have a super low to no sales taxes (Oregon I believe?).
no state tax if you buy online across state... which means everyone pays no tax unless you are unlucky enough to live in the state that ships them.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011947
Mobile Version of Website