2017 Meta 4.2

PB Forum :: Commencal
2017 Meta 4.2
Author Message
Posted: Aug 29, 2017 at 6:39 Quote
What bothers me the most, is that the EU shop has veeeery few Fox equipped bikes (only 1 Meta 4.2 for example), whereas a third of the USA shop is equipped with Fox forks and shocks. Somehow the EU population don't want Fox products?!

Posted: Aug 29, 2017 at 7:25 Quote
I don't think they would have different builds for Europe. There are more Fox builds on us web, because they already have the 2018 models.

Posted: Aug 29, 2017 at 7:35 Quote
Ploutre wrote:
What bothers me the most, is that the EU shop has veeeery few Fox equipped bikes (only 1 Meta 4.2 for example), whereas a third of the USA shop is equipped with Fox forks and shocks. Somehow the EU population don't want Fox products?!

In the US Fox is cheaper than than in EU so RS has an advantage here

Posted: Aug 30, 2017 at 8:36 Quote
How come Meta 2018 got 10mm longer reach keeping the same WB, RC and HTA values? Fork offset? Wrong numbers? Any ideas?

Posted: Aug 30, 2017 at 9:36 Quote
Toutacoup wrote:
How come Meta 2018 got 10mm longer reach keeping the same WB, RC and HTA values? Fork offset? Wrong numbers? Any ideas?
I saw that too, seems odd.

Posted: Sep 1, 2017 at 11:18 Quote
moogin wrote:
I've also contacted SRAM and am waiting to hear back from Commencal Canada. I'll keep us posted.

So I heard back from Commencal, they said that 280 is "normal" as long as the shock isn't losing air (which it's not). I'm pumping the shock every 50psi or so for sure. I also contacted SRAM via facebook but they have not responded (and I'm not holding my breath). Should I then consider putting in some volume spacers? Would that likely have me running less PSI? I'm just wondering if a volume spacer would give me a more supple ride as I'd be running less PSI, or would that mean I'd be me likely to bottom it out? (cross posted this in mech forum as well)

Posted: Sep 3, 2017 at 16:55 Quote
moogin wrote:
moogin wrote:
I've also contacted SRAM and am waiting to hear back from Commencal Canada. I'll keep us posted.

So I heard back from Commencal, they said that 280 is "normal" as long as the shock isn't losing air (which it's not). I'm pumping the shock every 50psi or so for sure. I also contacted SRAM via facebook but they have not responded (and I'm not holding my breath). Should I then consider putting in some volume spacers? Would that likely have me running less PSI? I'm just wondering if a volume spacer would give me a more supple ride as I'd be running less PSI, or would that mean I'd be me likely to bottom it out? (cross posted this in mech forum as well)

I weigh 170 lbs with riding gear and had the same issue with sag setup. I have 220psi and 4 volume spacers. The spacers did it for me and now it's dialed in just right.

Posted: Sep 7, 2017 at 11:47 Quote
Am I correct that the 4.2 won't take a coil?

Posted: Sep 7, 2017 at 13:03 Quote
pdon wrote:
Am I correct that the 4.2 won't take a coil?

The AM will. The trail I'm not 100% sure but don't think so.

Posted: Sep 17, 2017 at 23:07 Quote
i am currently planning to buy a water bottle for my 4.2 sized small. anybody tried putting a cage and fitting a water bottle? if yes, what size of water bottle? i don't want to spend and waste money due to the reason of not fitting Big Grin

Posted: Sep 18, 2017 at 0:02 Quote
raident30 wrote:
i am currently planning to buy a water bottle for my 4.2 sized small. anybody tried putting a cage and fitting a water bottle? if yes, what size of water bottle? i don't want to spend and waste money due to the reason of not fitting Big Grin

Plenty room for anything

Posted: Sep 18, 2017 at 6:53 Quote
raident30 wrote:
i am currently planning to buy a water bottle for my 4.2 sized small. anybody tried putting a cage and fitting a water bottle? if yes, what size of water bottle? i don't want to spend and waste money due to the reason of not fitting Big Grin

My L size frame accepts 750ml bottle but I'm pretty sure S size won't. Lockout lever of the shock switching to on because of hitting bottle all times (super annoying) and it's not even piggy back. Half liter bottle must be safe bet, though.

Posted: Sep 18, 2017 at 9:27 Quote
yo guys! What lenght of stems youve use on yours metas?
what are you think about 'not large reach' of our frame?
thx!

Posted: Sep 18, 2017 at 10:51 Quote
mediagrand wrote:
yo guys! What lenght of stems youve use on yours metas?
what are you think about 'not large reach' of our frame?
thx!
how tall are you and what size frame do you have?

Posted: Sep 18, 2017 at 11:13 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
mediagrand wrote:
yo guys! What lenght of stems youve use on yours metas?
what are you think about 'not large reach' of our frame?
thx!
how tall are you and what size frame do you have?
5"10, (178см), frame size L


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008676
Mobile Version of Website