2017 Meta 4.2

PB Forum :: Commencal
2017 Meta 4.2
Author Message
Posted: Feb 11, 2018 at 6:11 Quote
v7fmp wrote:

I'm thinking of purchasing one, but am coming from a transition scout and have a massive fear it's going to be much harder work on the climbs.
.
unfounded I think. It might be little more work but I dont think you will notice a huge difference.

Posted: Feb 11, 2018 at 10:34 Quote
I'll tell my feelings from canyon spectral xt 2x10 to meta am gx 1x11.
Next week I will have meta. Though, not summertime driving, but some snowy trails.

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 3:55 Quote
after a year and a bit off the bike due to an off the bike injury finally got my body and head back in the game and purchased myself a meta and harvested a couple of parts that were going to go on my demo before it died, so far i effing love and have a sneaky selfy of my ripping skids for good measure
new rig
kicking dirt on the meta selfy shot with canon 5dmk3 samyang 135mm f2.0 and pluto trigger

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 7:12 Quote
Nice pic.
I got mine today.
Having some assembly problems due lack of time and insomnia...

Test ride will be tomorrow or thursday.

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 2:29 Quote
I had short test ride yesterday in 0 Celsius weather. Snowy trails and walkways were not slippery, but I could slide rear and even slide the whole bike in steep corners. Amazing. It is gonna be fun in coming season.

I can't say anything about 1x11 transmisson yet. Sram did switch accuretly...

Very different feel compared to spectral. Very stiff, solid... Rear end / shock is from a different planet... Slack front is noticebly different. Seattube is high for my gorilla like body. Yet to be seen is there any issues with that. Seatpost is as low it can get. Maybe a bike that I have been looking for.

Posted: Feb 18, 2018 at 20:14 Quote
Views: 148    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Views: 156    Faves: 0    Comments: 0


Couple little clips..

Turns out the creaking I was querying about a few posts ago was my saddle needing a bit of grease where it attached to the dropper. Yay, silent bike again.

Posted: Feb 19, 2018 at 12:03 Quote
If anyone’s interested in a custom build trail v4.2. Just put mine up for sale Smile https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2329784/

Posted: Feb 24, 2018 at 17:05 Quote
Just ordered a Meta AM v4.2 Race in a size large and had a question regarding rear shocks. I'm a pretty big fan of coil shocks, and was wondering if anyone has put a 230x65mm shock on these bad boys? Mainly asking because I don't like bar mounted lockout systems and I can't afford a fox shock, so the only option is the 230x65mm super deluxe coil. Thanks in advance for any help!

Posted: Feb 24, 2018 at 17:23 Quote
nicomuller wrote:
after a year and a bit off the bike due to an off the bike injury finally got my body and head back in the game and purchased myself a meta and harvested a couple of parts that were going to go on my demo before it died, so far i effing love and have a sneaky selfy of my ripping skids for good measure
new rig
kicking dirt on the meta selfy shot with canon 5dmk3 samyang 135mm f2.0 and pluto trigger
dude. Sweet bike and nice shred!!

Posted: Feb 24, 2018 at 23:51 Quote
callmefj wrote:
Just ordered a Meta AM v4.2 Race in a size large and had a question regarding rear shocks. I'm a pretty big fan of coil shocks, and was wondering if anyone has put a 230x65mm shock on these bad boys? Mainly asking because I don't like bar mounted lockout systems and I can't afford a fox shock, so the only option is the 230x65mm super deluxe coil. Thanks in advance for any help!

I’m also curious about this I think the extra 5mm stroke would give the rear wheel an extra 15mm of travel. Need to someone to confirm it will fit or not.

Posted: Feb 25, 2018 at 11:49 Quote
commencal service and store is shit me speaking service email and more..
nothing ..not comming help..not picture corner rear hub is Boos problem me going yt and buy capra cf 29 suck my dick commencal..

Posted: Feb 25, 2018 at 12:38 Quote
SAGAT1982 wrote:
commencal service and store is shit me speaking service email and more..
nothing ..not comming help..not picture corner rear hub is Boos problem me going yt and buy capra cf 29 suck my dick commencal..
Are you trying to speak with them in english or another language other than your own? Could be the problem. And if the way you have been acting on this thread is any indication, my guess is the problem is you.

Posted: Feb 25, 2018 at 13:05 Quote
Alexhoward91 wrote:
callmefj wrote:
Just ordered a Meta AM v4.2 Race in a size large and had a question regarding rear shocks. I'm a pretty big fan of coil shocks, and was wondering if anyone has put a 230x65mm shock on these bad boys? Mainly asking because I don't like bar mounted lockout systems and I can't afford a fox shock, so the only option is the 230x65mm super deluxe coil. Thanks in advance for any help!

I’m also curious about this I think the extra 5mm stroke would give the rear wheel an extra 15mm of travel. Need to someone to confirm it will fit or not.

I saw a video on flowmountainbike.com that had a meta v4.2 with a coil without the remote lockout switch. So either they have some custom wizardry going on, or it does work. Hoping its the latter because that would be a tits set up. My original question still stands though


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025239
Mobile Version of Website