2017 Meta 4.2

PB Forum :: Commencal
2017 Meta 4.2
Posted: May 16, 2018 at 5:12 Quote
ThomDawson wrote:
johnonymous wrote:
Hi Guys, contemplating on which bike to buy. Essential 2018 or Race 2017. Both in same price. Hope to get your feedback.

They made the AM longer for 2018, TR is the same (I believe) for both model years. Can’t comment on the spec etc as I’m not familiar.

Thanks for the reply.

For the essential 2018 fork is “FOX PERFORMANCE 36 FLOAT, 170 mm, solo air, boost / 1 volume spacer, FIT4 cartridge“

while the 2017 race edition has “ROCKSHOX LYRIK RCT3, 170 mm, solo air, boost”

Hope to get more feedback from you guys. Its the 1st time for me to purchase an enduro bike

O+
Posted: May 16, 2018 at 12:07 Quote
Rock shox Lyrik over fox.

No reason, just personal preference. And mine have always been very reliable and supple. Never used fox.

Posted: May 17, 2018 at 2:40 Quote
standers1989 wrote:
Rock shox Lyrik over fox.

No reason, just personal preference. And mine have always been very reliable and supple. Never used fox.
In stock they differ quite a lot from each other. 36 is much firmer, in the good way (if you are a racer or aggressive rider), while Lyrik is more plush and sensitive.

O+
Posted: May 19, 2018 at 8:38 Quote
Anyone got hope brakes on their Meta?

Seems like it’s a snug fit but surely someone has figured it out.

Running 203 discs

O+
Posted: May 19, 2018 at 9:47 Quote
samwallace86 wrote:
Anyone got hope brakes on their Meta?

Seems like it’s a snug fit but surely someone has figured it out.

Running 203 discs

ive got mt5's and the back one is tight, real tight, but it fits

Posted: May 21, 2018 at 11:04 Quote
commencal meta 2018
  commencal meta 2018
commencal meta 2018
  commencal meta 2018

her my meta, question for you guy , how much sag you run ?

Posted: May 21, 2018 at 11:56 Quote
Thinking about buying one of these bike and one of the big things that I have heard is this bike isn’t playful at all, Just long and fast?

Posted: May 21, 2018 at 13:55 Quote
yoyo21 wrote:
commencal meta 2018
  commencal meta 2018
commencal meta 2018
  commencal meta 2018

30 % in the rear. Haven't measured front sag after last psi decrease in fork, but it is probably around 30 % too.

Posted: May 21, 2018 at 14:14 Quote
yoyo21 wrote:
commencal meta 2018
  commencal meta 2018
commencal meta 2018
  commencal meta 2018

That is a sweet looking bike..

Posted: May 21, 2018 at 23:59 Quote
crockettstultz wrote:
Thinking about buying one of these bike and one of the big things that I have heard is this bike isn’t playful at all, Just long and fast?

Hello,
I come from canyon spectral s size to meta am 4,2. True. It is not so agile and pomppy, but it is a feature not an error. Can't really compare it to any other 170 mm bike so try to have a testride.

It is fast and longish. Size and agility also depends from the combo of bike size as riders size also.

I'd say enough playful when you have speed...

Posted: May 22, 2018 at 4:52 Quote
Hey all

Looking at ordering a wheels mfg bottom bracket or a hope one, but I’m unsure of what size I need can anyone please help?

2018 v4.2 race if it makes any difference

Posted: May 22, 2018 at 17:55 Quote
Ok I’m thinking about buying one of these bikes and was wondering how many of you bought the bike without riding it. I wanna get a test ride in but don’t know if it will be possible.

O+
Posted: May 22, 2018 at 18:51 Quote
crockettstultz wrote:
Ok I’m thinking about buying one of these bikes and was wondering how many of you bought the bike without riding it. I wanna get a test ride in but don’t know if it will be possible.

The last few bikes I've bought have been without getting first hand experience, including the Meta. I went with the fox specc'd NZ edition bike and I'm not looking back, it's perfect for where and what I like to ride, and I'm not changing it anytime soon. My honest feedback from 6 months with it are that the reviews you read about it are mostly on the money. It's a demon on the techy steep stuff. And while fun on the more flowy trails, that's not its home..

If I lived where I only had access to mellow trails, I would consider something else.

Here's a recent review of the bike I managed to pick up.. http://theloamwolf.com/2018/05/14/review-commencal-meta-am-v4-2/

Posted: May 22, 2018 at 22:21 Quote
squintyfox wrote:
crockettstultz wrote:

The last few bikes I've bought have been without getting first hand experience, including the Meta. I went with the fox specc'd NZ edition bike and I'm not looking back, it's perfect for where and what I like to ride, and I'm not changing it anytime soon. My honest feedback from 6 months with it are that the reviews you read about it are mostly on the money. It's a demon on the techy steep stuff. And while fun on the more flowy trails, that's not its home..

If I lived where I only had access to mellow trails, I would consider something else.

Here's a recent review of the bike I managed to pick up.. http://theloamwolf.com/2018/05/14/review-commencal-meta-am-v4-2/

Thanks for your response I think I’ll be pulling the trigger on the gun metal one soon!

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 9:44 Quote
yoyo21 wrote:
commencal meta 2018
  commencal meta 2018
commencal meta 2018
  commencal meta 2018

I'm at a little past 25% front and rear and weigh 160lbs but I also like to jump off stuff at every chance I get lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020554
Mobile Version of Website