2017 Meta 4.2

PB Forum :: Commencal
2017 Meta 4.2
Posted: Jul 7, 2018 at 16:12 Quote
The frames on crc are under 1k right now. Im tempted to just try the medium and swap everything over. Im 6ft and still feel sometimes I cant get the seat low enough.

Posted: Jul 8, 2018 at 7:01 Quote
I refer back to a few months ago when I was told the ethirteen wheel set was made of cheese and didn't believe it...

Posted: Jul 8, 2018 at 9:32 Quote
Hi, could anyone please make a picture of the chainstays/seatstay and the cranks? Or a picture when standing on the pedals?
Thanks

Posted: Jul 8, 2018 at 9:36 Quote
samwallace86 wrote:
I refer back to a few months ago when I was told the ethirteen wheel set was made of cheese and didn't believe it...

What happened? Mine survived Innerleithen then the DH farm with a few cases. Flexy Confused

Posted: Jul 8, 2018 at 9:45 Quote
That was from Inners today!?

Posted: Jul 8, 2018 at 10:09 Quote
Oh sh1t. You on Adrenaline?

Im not sure which wheels to go for now. Had hope enduros on my reign and they were ok. Maybe some DH wheels !

Posted: Jul 9, 2018 at 2:29 Quote
I think this can happen with any wheel. Just a bad hit maybe with combination of not evenly tightened spokes (loosened over time) etc.
But in general I think wheels with welded rims are better choice.

Posted: Jul 9, 2018 at 5:01 Quote
I went to hope hoops from the stock wheelset, best upgrade you can do rolls better, sounds better and less punctures

I didn't really want the hope rims but for an off the shelf wheelset nothing comes close value wise

Posted: Jul 10, 2018 at 11:21 Quote
toad321 wrote:
I went to hope hoops from the stock wheelset, best upgrade you can do rolls better, sounds better and less punctures

I didn't really want the hope rims but for an off the shelf wheelset nothing comes close value wise

can you share a link to which one you bought? thinking of upgrading my WTB ones that came with my meta

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 1:43 Quote
Anyone running 2.6 tyres?

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 21:46 Quote
forekasters. Just fit. Im sure they rub a bit though as there is a mark on one of the stays. Those flexy e13s perhaps.

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
PSY wrote:
toad321 wrote:

can you share a link to which one you bought? thinking of upgrading my WTB ones that came with my meta

Just this with matching front of course, would prefer wider rims but i wasn't gonna spend a chunk more to get them, just replace as you break them!

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/hope-tech-enduro-pro-4-mtb-rear-wheel/rp-prod145803?gs=1&sku=sku530268&pgrid=55297464169&ptaid=pla-425069818053&utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=PLA+All+Products&utm_medium=base&utm_content=mkwid|slDIu4ct8_dm|pcrid|254158694146|pkw||pmt||prd|530268UK

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
samwallace86 wrote:
Anyone running 2.6 tyres?

hill billy and butcher, no problems since they are really "thin" 2.6" tyres

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
Hi there, I am considering a Meta 4.2 and think uphill is ok and fast descent as well.
How ever, I am wondering How good/easy you can handle slower speed technical terrain and switchbacks. How is your experience?

Also, is it easy or harder as with other enduros to bunny hop and jump?

I fear a little that this bike might be top much speed / race oriented. Id like a bike which is Not neccsssarily very fast, but forgiving, providing self confidence and also agile enough to easily handle slower technical stuff

Posted: 21 hours ago Quote
A bike that is very forgiving is usually more work to be agile.

I think depending on how the bike is set up with tires/wheels and suspension (coil or air) this bike can be either but is somewhere in the middle of all those things.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019313
Mobile Version of Website