2017 Meta 4.2

PB Forum :: Commencal
2017 Meta 4.2
Posted: Jan 2, 2017 at 1:56 Quote
dudeism wrote:
alexthekid wrote:
I'm 5' 10" and currently ride a medium giant reign. It's big bike for a medium but spot for me.

I'm now looking to get a V4.2 and would like to go large to get the same sort of wheel base/ reach figures etc. Only thing that puts me off is the seat tube length. I like it slammed for DH (will be doing lots of uplifts also) and it looks like it may be too tall for me and will result in the seat getting in the way all the time.

Anyone my size got one of these and if so what size did you go with? The medium will be too short looking at the numbers.

I am around the same size and I got an L. I've ridden the bike three times now and the seat didn't get in the way at all. Last weekend I rode some pretty steep trails and even there I had no problems with the seat. And I could still put the reverb lower, I didn't put it all the way into the seat tube. I really like the size, coming from a large Kona Operator it feels very agile but not too short. I think medium would be too small.

Thanks. That's put my mind at rest.

How are you getting on with the bike in general? Good at downhill??

Posted: Jan 2, 2017 at 7:26 Quote
Anyone switched from a 2015 V4 to the V4.2 and have a review of the differences yet please?

I currently have a V4 Purple, and I'm Wondering whether to buy a frame, forks, shock and wheels (boost) and then switch all my other kit over to the new frame.

Posted: Jan 3, 2017 at 13:31 Quote
ripper bike,seat is awful apart from that can't fault it. I'm 5.10'' and have a large,its still a big bike. if any shorter than 5.10 id think about medium.

Posted: Jan 29, 2017 at 12:23 Quote
Any of ya'lls have experience with this years trail v4.2? It looks a lot more suited to my kind of riding than the AM version.

Posted: Feb 1, 2017 at 15:02 Quote
Greetings Commencal 4.2 riders,

I am looking to purchase a 4.2 Origin and plan to quickly upgrade the rear shock. I am curious as to what my upgrade options are, as the spec sheet claims it takes a 230mm eye to eye shock. I would like to put a DVO Topaz on it, but the DVO is 215mm. What are my options for 230mm? I think I have seen Fox x2 fitting, but not much else.

Thanks!
-Kurt

Posted: Feb 12, 2017 at 17:05 Quote
How will Fox Float 36 work with v4.2 Origin? I would like to buy this basic v4.2 and make couple upgrades, of which the fork will be the most important.

Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 4:45 Quote
So whats with this heel rub I keep hearing about with the v4 and v4.2? Does this still happen if you are clipped in?

Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 10:53 Quote
Bgibbs678 wrote:
So whats with this heel rub I keep hearing about with the v4 and v4.2? Does this still happen if you are clipped in?

It really depends on how you place your feet. I catch mine on my V4 from time to time but I do it less and less as I've got used to the bike. It's not a bad idea to put some sort of protection on the stays.

Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 12:15 Quote
Never caught mine in flats, switched to clips and caught them once or twice then must of straightened my feet without realising as it never happens now.

Posted: Feb 17, 2017 at 7:23 Quote
EgelhaafKurt wrote:
I am looking to purchase a 4.2 Origin and plan to quickly upgrade the rear shock.

Since it's metric there isn't plenty of options. In fact RS Deluxe is the only one I know available on aftermarket yet.

Polak-w-Kanadzie wrote:
How will Fox Float 36 work with v4.2 Origin? I would like to buy this basic v4.2 and make couple upgrades, of which the fork will be the most important.

Float 36 will match nature of this bike perfectly but mind front wheel Boost spacing. If your Fox is 100x15/20 compatible then you'll need to upgrade or convert (not sure it's possible, though) your front wheel hub, too.

Posted: Feb 20, 2017 at 5:31 Quote
So how well does this bike ride on a xc trail? Roots/rocks etc. not much downhill. Simple single track. That race eagle brushed is calling for me! Lol

Posted: Feb 20, 2017 at 6:53 Quote
Also, has anyone been on the meta am 1 29er. My buddy has one. I was wondering how much different if feels geometry-wise

Posted: Feb 21, 2017 at 21:55 Quote
WayneParsons wrote:
I'm contemplating buying one of these frames. Anyone here own one yet? Ride reports? Thanks

I just bought a '17 AM v4.2 essential black edition. This thing rides amazing. I picked it over the Santa Cruz 5010 v2 I demo'd.

Posted: Feb 21, 2017 at 21:56 Quote
Bgibbs678 wrote:

The first couple times I rode mine I clipped the stays but you quickly learn where your feet need to be.

Posted: Feb 22, 2017 at 0:16 Quote
cjsmithers19 wrote:
WayneParsons wrote:
I'm contemplating buying one of these frames. Anyone here own one yet? Ride reports? Thanks

I just bought a '17 AM v4.2 essential black edition. This thing rides amazing. I picked it over the Santa Cruz 5010 v2 I demo'd.

[PI=https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/?recentmobile&directtofirstphoto size=l0 align=c][/PI]

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.027126
Mobile Version of Website