2017 Meta 4.2

PB Forum :: Commencal
2017 Meta 4.2
Posted: Jul 16, 2018 at 0:16 Quote
I’ve been riding mine on the north shore in Vancouver (as slow and technical as you can get on some trails) and it’s good IMO, I haven’t had any trouble on tight switchbacks or skinnies. It’s not harder to bunny hop than other bikes I’ve had, easier than the rune I had some time before, pretty much the same as the meta v4 I had before it.
When going fast it feels nice, I don’t think it is super dh oriented, it’s pretty balanced with enough travel to forgive some big hits

Posted: Aug 3, 2018 at 6:17 Quote
Hey
I’m changing the fork on my v4.2 from a lyrik 170mm to a Fox 36 160mm

What differences will the 10mm less travel make to geometry? Ride feel? Anything else?

Thankyou
Alex

Posted: Aug 3, 2018 at 8:19 Quote
Alexhoward91 wrote:
Hey
I’m changing the fork on my v4.2 from a lyrik 170mm to a Fox 36 160mm

What differences will the 10mm less travel make to geometry? Ride feel? Anything else?

Thankyou
Alex

Not sure about anything else but:

RS Lyric a2c: 562mm @ 170
Fox 36 a2c: 549mm @ 160

Which gives you 13mm lower front end, ~5mm lower bb (this one really sucks imo) and marginally steeper angles. But I think you can extend 36's travel to 170 and make none of those the case.

Posted: Aug 9, 2018 at 22:00 Quote
Can’t decide between the Medium and Large frame size because I fall right between both of them at bang on 6 foot (183cm) what size frame do you all recommend?

I noticed that the size large has an extra 50mm on the seat tube, 5mm on the cranks, and 25mm on the dropper post than the medium

Posted: Aug 9, 2018 at 22:43 Quote
Large for sure. I'm 178cm and would consider myself normal proportions. I sometimes even feel cramped, so wouldn't want a medium..

Posted: Aug 13, 2018 at 10:08 Quote
upgraded to the SuperD and shorther Renthal stem.. feels good.
upgrade to the Superdeluxe shorter Renthal stem... feels nioce

Posted: Aug 16, 2018 at 6:38 Quote
Has anyone tried a 2.6 tyre on the rear yet?

Getting new rubber and fancy 2.6 Der Baron front and rear

If not gonna go 2.6 front 2.4 rear

Posted: Aug 16, 2018 at 8:30 Quote
Just finished up my AM 4.2 build "Jack....the Pumpkin King."

Size Large. Orange. Full FOX factory, Sram GX Eagle, Renthal Fat's and a set of NOBL TR38's and some Shimano ZEE stoppers...

So far I absolutely love the bike. Super fast, smooth and predictable. Love the NOBL 38's on Hope Pro4's.

2018 Meta AM 4.2 Large
  2018 Meta AM 4.2 (Large)

NOBL TR38
  NOBL TR38

FOX Factory 36
  FOX Factory 36

GX Eagle
  GX Eagle

Posted: Aug 16, 2018 at 11:36 Quote
Simann wrote:

Size Large. Orange. Full FOX factory, Sram GX Eagle, Renthal Fat's and a set of NOBL TR38's and some Shimano ZEE stoppers...

So far I absolutely love the bike. Super fast, smooth and predictable. Love the NOBL 38's on Hope Pro4's.

2018 Meta AM 4.2 Large
  2018 Meta AM 4.2 (Large)

NOBL TR38
  NOBL TR38

FOX Factory 36
  FOX Factory 36

GX Eagle
  GX Eagle

WOW that thing looks so so clean! Ive got a fairly similar build kit on my 2017 meta fox edition but opted for some FSA alluminum wheels. I’m 5’10 and riding a large frame, how tall are you? Are those bars carbon or did you opt for the alluminum ones?

Posted: Aug 16, 2018 at 22:22 Quote
Looks very nice Simann, but why did you photograph it so that the frame looks totally like my red one in half the photos? Big Grin

Posted: Aug 20, 2018 at 12:39 Quote
Hello my Meta riding friends. Yesterday my shock (Rock Shox Deluxe RT) died and with it I almost got killed when the rebound suddenly acted like a f*cking catapult and sent me over the bars. Now I am looking for a new shock but I am restricted to used stuff because a) I am poor and b) I have a race coming up this weekend so I need something quick. A guy in my town is selling a RS Super Deluxe R, it's a good deal BUT the shock has no lockout for climbing. The Deluxe RT had one and I always used it so I don't even know how longer climbs would feel with an open shock. What do you guys think? Does the Meta need a lockout on longer climbs when I sit down? I think there is some "pedal bob" but is it enough to make climbs that much harder? Thanks for your opinions.

Posted: Aug 21, 2018 at 16:46 Quote
how do you like that shock? I am considering that one or the DHX2 coil....

Simann wrote:

2018 Meta AM 4.2 Large
  2018 Meta AM 4.2 (Large)

NOBL TR38
  NOBL TR38

FOX Factory 36
  FOX Factory 36

GX Eagle
  GX Eagle

Posted: Aug 22, 2018 at 16:09 Quote
Any new updates on the rear alignment issues?

Was it determined to be only the early production 2018 models?

Any updates from those owners who have received the new rear linkage design?

Posted: Aug 22, 2018 at 23:41 Quote
Hello guys
I have Meta AM v4.2 Race 2017.
want to replace brakes and wondering which will be the best choice.
I have hope tech V4 in scope but dont want to run them with braided hoses due to weight...
so my question is.
Should I run front V4 and rear E4 ? or both V4 and replace hose at least on rear one with composite (plastic)
which size of rotor I can fit in rear (203mm)?
Can someone link here also adapters that will be needed front/back on 203mm rotors ?
Thank you

Posted: Aug 23, 2018 at 7:17 Quote
I say run braided. The Meta isn't a lightweight to begin with and there isn't much of a weight difference. It's also nice for peace of mind when the cable routing puts the hoses on the underside of the frame. Plus they look rad.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.047307
Mobile Version of Website