2017 Meta 4.2

PB Forum :: Commencal
2017 Meta 4.2
O+
Posted: Oct 3, 2018 at 13:17 Quote
Charlotroy wrote:
Just got off the phone with commencal canada and they're gonna stock the 2019 meta am 27 (same model as in europe) in April ! THe guy told me commencal will not push too hard to sell that bike, they wanna move towards the 29...Anyway if any of you is looking for a meta 27.5, just wait until next spring !

Same response I got when emailing Boris.

Anyone have an updated timline for the 29er- was told that its before the 15th of Oct, curious to see if anyone has ordered one and got a update

Posted: Oct 3, 2018 at 16:20 Quote
ehfour wrote:
Charlotroy wrote:
Just got off the phone with commencal canada and they're gonna stock the 2019 meta am 27 (same model as in europe) in April ! THe guy told me commencal will not push too hard to sell that bike, they wanna move towards the 29...Anyway if any of you is looking for a meta 27.5, just wait until next spring !

Same response I got when emailing Boris.

Anyone have an updated timline for the 29er- was told that its before the 15th of Oct, curious to see if anyone has ordered one and got a update

is it just 1 build or multiple builds for the meta 27?

Posted: Oct 4, 2018 at 10:08 Quote
Yeah only one build, just like in europe. Look it up, it's a pretty sweet build, lyrik rc2, super deluxe coil, guide RE...

Posted: Oct 4, 2018 at 20:41 Quote
That sucks my budget around 2k

Posted: Oct 17, 2018 at 7:16 Quote
Somewhat unrelated, but is the Supreme SX no longer offered?

Must have bombed and they thought the Clash was a more sensible solution.

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2018 at 10:42 Quote
pdon wrote:

I think the DH bike is so commercially successful and they want to push the 29er meta that it probably didn't make sense to continue it

Posted: Oct 19, 2018 at 15:47 Quote
pdon wrote:

no its gone. just a few bikes left online. imo much better than the meta for big stuff and if your not racing. i loved my meta am and with the helm 170mm/ db coil cs it was a really fun am bike. The supreme sx for strength and what it can ride have me not looking back.

Posted: Oct 24, 2018 at 6:24 Quote
aamgdp wrote:
Has anyone tried to put a longer stroke (230x65) shock on it? Would it increase the travel like it does for the jeffsy 27?
I would like to know as well. Thinking about extending the fork travel to 180mm and using a cane creek angleset which slackens the head angle 1.5 degrees to minimize the height increase. By my maths it would only raise the bike 3mm and make it more travel, slacker, and longer. It would be nice to be able to extend rear travel, too.

Posted: Oct 25, 2018 at 4:13 Quote
When can we expect 2019 reviews?

Posted: Oct 25, 2018 at 5:08 Quote
ratbonebo wrote:
When can we expect 2019 reviews?

Wasn't there already a review for Meta AM 29"? Meta AM 27" is the same, so no review for her.

Posted: Oct 25, 2018 at 16:59 Quote
I'm really torn between the clash and meta am 29 or 27...Never ridden an enduro 29 so I'm not sure if I'll like it but yeah I've read the very good reviews about the meta 29, just waiting for a good review on the clash.

Posted: Oct 28, 2018 at 15:04 Quote
Hey guys,
I have a meta v4.2 and wondering if upgrading to coil shock is a massive difference?
As anyone made this change who can give feedback?

O+
Posted: Nov 4, 2018 at 8:08 Quote
Has anyone switched to a SRAM Dub crankset on their 2018 Meta? IIt seems that the drive side needs a spacer to stop the frame bottom bracket housing from rubbing on the screws that attach the chainring to the drive side crank arm. I can fix it by adding in a 2mm SRAM Dub crankset spacer, but it then increases the chainline a bit too much. I can post a photo if you want to see it.. Has anyone else had this problem? What did you do to fix it?

Posted: Dec 1, 2018 at 3:03 Quote
squintyfox wrote:
Has anyone switched to a SRAM Dub crankset on their 2018 Meta? IIt seems that the drive side needs a spacer to stop the frame bottom bracket housing from rubbing on the screws that attach the chainring to the drive side crank arm. I can fix it by adding in a 2mm SRAM Dub crankset spacer, but it then increases the chainline a bit too much. I can post a photo if you want to see it.. Has anyone else had this problem? What did you do to fix it?

Please post the foto. I'm planing the same thing on a 2017 meta 4.2.

This is propably asked earlier. How wide can you go with rear tyre and rim combo?

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2018 at 16:29 Quote
Any thoughts on the current deal on the 2018 Meta 4.2 BC Edition? I wonder if the prices will go down any more..

Or should I hold out and get a 2019 with coil?

https://www.commencalcanada.com/meta-am-v42-british-columbia-650b-green-orange-black-2018-c2x24881974

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014120
Mobile Version of Website