2017 Meta 4.2

PB Forum :: Commencal
2017 Meta 4.2
Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 6:50 Quote
jazzawil wrote:
My extra large frame has xl at the end of the serial number, always assumed it was related to the frame size but not 100% about it

Thank you. I can only assume it does as the measurements would suggest also.

Appreciate your help

Posted: Nov 4, 2019 at 2:20 Quote
Anyone bought frame only from commencal?

What do you actually get?

I know I need a shock but do I need bushings and fixings etc?

Posted: Nov 4, 2019 at 12:03 Quote
HardingTrail wrote:
Anyone bought frame only from commencal?

What do you actually get?

I know I need a shock but do I need bushings and fixings etc?
You dont get bushings...nope. Fixings neither really.

Posted: Nov 4, 2019 at 12:13 Quote
Ah, by the time I’ve bought all that and a shock it’s not such a bargain

Posted: Nov 5, 2019 at 18:25 Quote
HardingTrail wrote:
Ah, by the time I’ve bought all that and a shock it’s not such a bargain
Hey man...it comes with all the bearings you need....all frame only's do. There are no bushings on the bike.

It wont come with the headset or bottom bracket. They do have some frames with shock but if it shows no shock you definitely need that.

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 23:49 Quote
Upgrade time from my old 2006 coiler and I'm pretty decided on a Meta. Coming from a very old and outdated bike I'm thinking of trying to build up a 27.5 meta rather than a 29er - I have no interest in racing, and did a demo on a 29er which felt pretty weird for me - it's a big jump from a 26. I do most of my riding at a park but I'm far from a "hard charger" (mostly blues and single blacks), and I want something a little more pedalable than the clash in case i want to take it on trails on occasion.

Anyone think I'm making a huge mistake going for a 27?

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 1:26 Quote
Preachey wrote:
Upgrade time from my old 2006 coiler and I'm pretty decided on a Meta. Coming from a very old and outdated bike I'm thinking of trying to build up a 27.5 meta rather than a 29er - I have no interest in racing, and did a demo on a 29er which felt pretty weird for me - it's a big jump from a 26. I do most of my riding at a park but I'm far from a "hard charger" (mostly blues and single blacks), and I want something a little more pedalable than the clash in case i want to take it on trails on occasion.

Anyone think I'm making a huge mistake going for a 27?

Having owned both and now that I've got a good bit of riding in on my 29er after not really liking the feel of it on the first couple of spins, there's no possible way I'd go back to the 27.5.
I'm 6"1, maybe that is some help, maybe not. But the 29er is just so much fun to smash turns on. It turns far better than it should but it really smashes the 27.5 on the rough stuff. You always feel far more in control and end up pushing boundaries of what you thought you could do. If you could get a demo of a 29 for a weekend I'd say you would come around to how it feels.

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 2:57 Quote
Hi, just picked up a 2017 AM 4.2 frame from the outlet and wondered if the shock I need to get has to be metric or standard?

I know it’s 230x60 but is that standard as in a monarch or metric like a deluxe?

Cheers

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 9:58 Quote
HardingTrail wrote:
Hi, just picked up a 2017 AM 4.2 frame from the outlet and wondered if the shock I need to get has to be metric or standard?

I know it’s 230x60 but is that standard as in a monarch or metric like a deluxe?

Cheers

230x60 is a metric size, if it comes in that size it is 'metric'.

Unless you are super short 27 vs 29 is going to come down to personal preference rather than height.

Posted: Nov 26, 2019 at 8:08 Quote
Just received my 4.2 am. Wow that’s a wide top tube!

Posted: Nov 26, 2019 at 8:13 Quote
HardingTrail wrote:
Just received my 4.2 am. Wow that’s a wide top tubel!
lol, think it would look weird looking down at your shock if it was skinny! Toptube shock mount.

Posted: Nov 26, 2019 at 8:16 Quote
Yeah I know it would look weird but it’s like looking down at a motorbike ha ha ha

I’m sure my V4 didn’t have that wide of a top tube.

At least I know it’s strong

Posted: Nov 26, 2019 at 8:23 Quote
HardingTrail wrote:
Yeah I know it would look weird but it’s like looking down at a motorbike ha ha ha

I’m sure my V4 didn’t have that wide of a top tube.

At least I know it’s strong
haha, true it is pretty beefy.

Posted: Nov 26, 2019 at 11:25 Quote
HardingTrail wrote:
Just received my 4.2 am. Wow that’s a wide top tube!

The same thought when i switched from my Nuke Mega to Commencal Meta! lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.055627
Mobile Version of Website