2017 Meta 4.2

PB Forum :: Commencal
2017 Meta 4.2
Posted: Nov 28, 2019 at 10:30 Quote
If anyone here is looking for a Meta, I’m selling my 2017 fox edition with lots of upgrades! $3000 OBO

Posted: Dec 18, 2019 at 21:42 Quote
aamgdp wrote:
Has anyone tried to put a longer stroke (230x65) shock on it? Would it increase the travel like it does for the jeffsy 27?
did you tried to put a longer shock? It works?? I am thinking on doing the same to my meta

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 22:58 Quote
Posted in the wrong thread apparently soo.... New Toy!

2018 Meta AM 27.5 frame built up fresh Big Grin

photo

photo

Drool

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 23:01 Quote
Gotta love that coil

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 22:12 Quote
BigE-Rosen wrote:
Gotta love that coil

That's by far the most common comment I've got so far. It looks soooo sick

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 15:10 Quote
Preachey wrote:
BigE-Rosen wrote:
Gotta love that coil

That's by far the most common comment I've got so far. It looks soooo sick

Not surprised it looks killer on there! Maybe throw some red decals onto it?

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 0:16 Quote
BigE-Rosen wrote:
Not surprised it looks killer on there! Maybe throw some red decals onto it?

I actually grabbed some red decals for the fork from the commencal store at the same time as I ordered the rear shocks - who threw the sheet loose in a box with no packing, rattling around on their journey around the world, so of course they were destroyed by the time they arrived.

Oh well, it still looks awesome with the blacked out fork!

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 9:53 Quote
Looks good either way

Posted: Feb 6, 2020 at 3:18 Quote
Hope someone can help me out here...
Looking to buy a meta am 4.2 in the next few weeks, but I'm unsure on size
I'm 177.5cm (5'9.9")
Inside leg 81.1cm (31.9cm)

The commencal sizing recommends a medium, however number like reach and wheelbase are shorter than my current bike, which I feel could be a bit bigger.

The only thing putting me off going for the large is the seat tube height, and how some had said the seat never feels low enough. Any input would be great. Cheers????????

Posted: Feb 6, 2020 at 3:45 Quote
Im 178 and went for M
it fits me pretty well. Stable and playfull. but L should be pretty good too.
Seat tube on L shoul be higher but anyway mine 125mm dropper is not high enough so its sticking out in low position.
didnt feel that its high.

Posted: Feb 6, 2020 at 3:54 Quote
I'am a guy with 1,78 with 85cm inside leg, i chose a Large Meta 4.2 frame and i am happy with this size.

Posted: Feb 6, 2020 at 6:40 Quote
same here, 178 / 85cm and size large too. Run a 160mm OneUp dropper which is around +/-10mm pulled out.
But, it seems that you have a bit shorter legs which really could be an issue. Confused

Posted: Feb 6, 2020 at 12:44 Quote
I ran a 2017 large frame which is a little shorter than the 2018-19 frames. I’m 5’10 and felt like that was a good fit for me in the end. Feel like you could go either way, large is gonna be stable and hard hitting but you won’t really lose a ton of playfulness, the medium is gonna flickable and a little less stable and could feel short, but if you have short legs that may not be the case. Have you tried emailing Commencal, they have fantastic customer service and always like to talk bikes

O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2020 at 19:24 Quote
How are the 4 seat stay bearings pressed out? There's two in each seat stay and appear to be blind pressed or something. I tried pressing them out together, but didn't push very hard in case I was pressing up against a the bearing race seat thingy. Do these have to be pulled out instead of pressed? They're very small. Thanks in advance!

Sorry if this has been asked, I tried searching.

Posted: Feb 8, 2020 at 0:34 Quote
Blind bearing puller. Bought a set for like 30€ when I changed mine, and just pulled them out. They are sitted against a small lip (I think? it was a few years ago, so maybe not), so you can't press them out.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012677
Mobile Version of Website