2017 Meta 4.2

PB Forum :: Commencal
2017 Meta 4.2
Posted: Mar 28, 2017 at 9:42 Quote
Bgibbs678 wrote:
For those in the US, how long did your bike take to ship?

they have warehouse in cali don't they?

Posted: Mar 28, 2017 at 15:40 Quote
tr4nc3t0p14 wrote:
I think its powdercoated
and wheels are pretty tough, I like them

You´re right! I´ve asked Commencal today and they also said that it´s powdercoated.

Posted: Mar 30, 2017 at 12:38 Quote
Hello Everyone,

I am looking into buying Meta 4.2 Frame and putting Hope brakes on it.

The Hope Tech V4 are the ones I am into as I am a bit of a bigger guy, but the brakes can take 183 and 203 rotors.

Does anyone know if they will fit in the back of the bike or will I have to downsize to E4?

Thanks.

Posted: Mar 31, 2017 at 5:08 Quote
I think it can handle that 183mm
I dont know if the 200mm fits there

Posted: Apr 1, 2017 at 3:25 Quote
On a large frame, the V4 caliper doesn't fit with a 180 rotor, but it fits with a 203mm rotor. So if you're going V4, just go for a 203mm rotor on the back (with the Hope adapter for example)

Posted: Apr 2, 2017 at 1:14 Quote
i just purchased a black meta am v4.2 frame... im putting it together with a yari 180mm boost.. hopefully the build will be finished this april 15. currently having a problem looking for a crank that is boost compatible or is compatible with the 4.2...

Posted: Apr 2, 2017 at 13:01 Quote
I'm not sure you need a boost specific crankset ... The bb is still a bb92, and when we built a custom 4.2 for a friend, we just used a regular Race Face Turbine cinch crankset with the Race Face bb ...

Chainline was more than ok, and I mounted a Wolf tooth components chainring that has a rather big offset compared to standard chainrings. Might be the reason ...

Posted: Apr 2, 2017 at 14:51 Quote
Ploutre wrote:
I'm not sure you need a boost specific crankset ... The bb is still a bb92, and when we built a custom 4.2 for a friend, we just used a regular Race Face Turbine cinch crankset with the Race Face bb ...

Chainline was more than ok, and I mounted a Wolf tooth components chainring that has a rather big offset compared to standard chainrings. Might be the reason ...

i think the offset might be the reason. what was the offset of the chainring?

Posted: Apr 4, 2017 at 8:31 Quote
Ploutre wrote:

Commencal puts boost cranksets on their stock builds, i think we should do the same :p

Posted: Apr 4, 2017 at 15:25 Quote
AntonLeBreton wrote:
Ploutre wrote:

Commencal puts boost cranksets on their stock builds, i think we should do the same :p

problem is, the availability of aftermarket boost cranks in our country... it's non-existent lmao!

Posted: Apr 4, 2017 at 15:41 Quote
Ploutre wrote:

can i see some pics?

Posted: Apr 4, 2017 at 23:26 Quote
raident30 wrote:

can i see some pics?

Not before a while, the friend is on vacation in Thailand lol

Posted: Apr 5, 2017 at 1:03 Quote
Ploutre wrote:
raident30 wrote:

can i see some pics?

Not before a while, the friend is on vacation in Thailand lol

oh too bad lol!

Posted: Apr 5, 2017 at 4:56 Quote
Love the look of the Meta v.2. Just worried the seat tube is too high and will get in the way on steep stuff / big jumps.

I'm 5'10" and would need a large frame. Anyone had any similar issues??

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016618
Mobile Version of Website